Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
I also have to laugh how everyone's crapping on about *'s youth when their best players were Parish, Heppell, Hooker, Merrett, AMT, Stringer and Smith, while the BOG was a 20 year-old ably supported by Parks, Stocker, Owies and Fogarty.

https://twitter.com/jaycee0202/status/1 ... 4296409090

Good post.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

Stefchook wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I also have to laugh how everyone's crapping on about *'s youth when their best players were Parish, Heppell, Hooker, Merrett, AMT, Stringer and Smith, while the BOG was a 20 year-old ably supported by Parks, Stocker, Owies and Fogarty.

Good post.

As they say, "don't let the truth get in the way of a good story"

@AFLmediatossers

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:03 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
..good signs again from Dow, I've got belief in the kid.. ....good extractor, and when allowed to play instinctively will hunt the ball and opposition player.. ....not afraid of contact, just needs a couple more preseasons to build up core strength..

Got 6 disposals (3 kicks & 3 handballs) at 33% efficiency, which was the lowest % in the entire team. So 67 % shit disposals = good signs ???

The real good signs were Cunningham getting more of the ball x 20 possessions, Stocker getting a game and playing OK and Owies kicking 3 goals and delivering an important tackle in our goal square. If they drop him next wee for Murph they are brain dead. If Murph comes back it needs to be for Newnes not Owies.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:15 pm 
Bert Deacon

good win BUT ,our team defence is very poor our players dont run hard enough to support the defenders .

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Asp wrote:
Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
..good signs again from Dow, I've got belief in the kid.. ....good extractor, and when allowed to play instinctively will hunt the ball and opposition player.. ....not afraid of contact, just needs a couple more preseasons to build up core strength..

Got 6 disposals (3 kicks & 3 handballs) at 33% efficiency, which was the lowest % in the entire team. So 67 % shit disposals = good signs ???

The real good signs were Cunningham getting more of the ball x 20 possessions, Stocker getting a game and playing OK and Owies kicking 3 goals and delivering an important tackle in our goal square. If they drop him next wee for Murph they are brain dead. If Murph comes back it needs to be for Newnes not Owies.

Yeah but 4 of those were clearances. Much harder to have an effective disposal from the coalface than it is getting the easy ball on the outside. Only one of those was a clanger, so he really had 2 effective disposals, 3 in dispute or 50/50, and one direct turnover.

4 clearances in the amount of time he played is a very encouraging sign. Disposal efficiency will improve with time and confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:22 pm 
Bob Chitty

Donstuie wrote:

This is fantastic.

Still, didn't mind the look of perkins and the forward who kicked 3. Didn't think much of the rest of them.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stefchook wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Good post.

I love supporters correcting so called journos.

Call them out.

Sunrise this morning had no report bon the huge clash at the G. Nothing. Mentioned Ben Brown, the western derby, tomlison, and not a vague reference that the biggest attended game in Victoria happend in between those 2 games.

Its Channel 7, Betrrets whatever than geelong fool is, him and his mates still sore about the 95 GF.

When Carlton lost against the Power by 28 points and Sunrise led into that story with "carlton got booed off the ground for their capitualtion to the Power" a week later and Saints get done by 56 points....it was a good win vs the saints.

Tols my wife, if she didnt work for them I would go to town on the seven network in social media etc. She told me she hasn't worked with them for over a year now, and with....and that didnt make me feel better...but stuff Channel 7 and their bias reporting against Carlton.

I have banned anyone in our house to watch Channel 7whilst Im in the house....except for Kylie Gillies. I like her.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
I have banned anyone in our house to watch Channel 7whilst Im in the house....except for Kylie Gillies. I like her.

How often does Kylie pop over to watch TV?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

3 times a year max

Seeing her tomorrow after lunch.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

Keep Parks,Owies, Cottrell and Stocker in the team.
Have mongrel and youth has a positive effect on the team
The best part about the win

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jake_h03 wrote:
Asp wrote:
Big Kahuna Boot wrote:

Yeah but 4 of those were clearances. Much harder to have an effective disposal from the coalface than it is getting the easy ball on the outside. Only one of those was a clanger, so he really had 2 effective disposals, 3 in dispute or 50/50, and one direct turnover.

4 clearances in the amount of time he played is a very encouraging sign. Disposal efficiency will improve with time and confidence

Correct. Some of Dows work in close was exceptional. Plus, I really like Cuningham but for all his time in the midfield, he had a total of 2 clearances. Meanwhile his opponents were getting plenty. Still a lot of work for him to do.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Asp wrote:
Big Kahuna Boot wrote:

Correct. Some of Dows work in close was exceptional. Plus, I really like Cuningham but for all his time in the midfield, he had a total of 2 clearances. Meanwhile his opponents were getting plenty. Still a lot of work for him to do.

But you wouldnt drop Cuningham?

Have alook who was in the ruck. There lies much of the blame.

Bryan killed Pitto in he centre, hence their mids killed our mids in centre clearances, not just a Cuningham issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:41 pm 
John James

10 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
8 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
5 Jake Stringer (ESS)
3 Andrew McGrath (ESS)
2 Cale Hooker (ESS)
1 Archie Perkins (ESS)
1 Adam Saad (CARL)

Walsh up to 6th overall and has received votes in 6 of the 7 games.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Brently8 wrote:
10 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
8 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
5 Jake Stringer (ESS)
3 Andrew McGrath (ESS)
2 Cale Hooker (ESS)
1 Archie Perkins (ESS)
1 Adam Saad (CARL)

Amazed that there's no love for Cuningham in there. 25 touches and two goals, two assists, 8 score involvements. Far more damaging than McGrath who had 29 touches at 51% with 7 clangers, no goals no assists. How the hell do those stats get you 3 votes? Obviously from Rutten.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Asp wrote:
Big Kahuna Boot wrote:

Bryan killed Pitto in he centre, hence their mids killed our mids in centre clearances, not just a Cuningham issue.

Interesting the rucks. Pittonet got 35 hitout and 15 touches, Bryan 19 hit outs, 12 touches. Not sure how they went to advantage, or "disadvantage" though, which is the main thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:

As delicious as this is, I must admit that the Bombers do have some exciting young talls coming through. I probably wouldn’t be as jealous if Kemp, Charlie and Marchbank were able to get on the park....

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Asp wrote:
Big Kahuna Boot wrote:

No I wouldn't drop him but Dow had 4 clearances in less than a quarter. Cuningham had 2 for the game.
They were both playing to the same ruckman. Cuningham strength is the outside burst and run. He's usually a beautiful kick as well. I was just backing up Jake_03's view that Dows disposal efficiency will be down because he's an inside ball winner and Cuningham and he are totally different players with different strengths.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

jake_h03 wrote:
Brently8 wrote:
10 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
8 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
5 Jake Stringer (ESS)
3 Andrew McGrath (ESS)
2 Cale Hooker (ESS)
1 Archie Perkins (ESS)
1 Adam Saad (CARL)

Amazed that there's no love for Cuningham in there. 25 touches and two goals, two assists, 8 score involvements. Far more damaging than McGrath who had 29 touches at 51% with 7 clangers, no goals no assists. How the hell do those stats get you 3 votes? Obviously from Rutten.

Saad stiff also

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next