Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Been terrified all week.

Could only watch the first qtr before heading to my sons footy. Thought we were in big trouble. Was checking scores and the forums but that’s a very difficult way to track and monitor a game.

Ended up having to be the boundary umpire and was still checking scores as best I could for the whole second half :lol:

Absolutely rapt to comeback and win. Especially against those dirty filthy cheating red and black cauliflower.

Just finishing watching the replay. Walsh is simply unbelievable, we are blessed to have him. Harry immense second half. Parks is a cult hero already. Love his hardness and competitive nature. That tackle on AMT was @#$%&! brilliant.

Still plenty to work on but we showed some grit, fight and competitive spirit today. Very pleasing to see.

Season still alive. Be brilliant if we can snag at least one of the next two...

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

azzablue wrote:
Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
..good signs again from Dow, I've got belief in the kid.. ....good extractor, and when allowed to play instinctively will hunt the ball and opposition player.. ....not afraid of contact, just needs a couple more preseasons to build up core strength..

Perfectly summed up , back him in! He will come good , just let him play In his true position

Look what happened to brayshaw at freo when they backed him and gave him confidence

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cunners best game for us I think.
SpS was great. Hard too.
Dow was great for the time he was on. Just let him play in the guts.
Walsh should’ be captain

Conspiracy theory. Cripps has decided to leave. Can’t face his team mates. Playing poorly as he is so anxious about it.
Or maybe the game has changed too much for him.

Something ain’t right. Maybe he played a role today. I only watched on tv, so hard to tell

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

MPH78 wrote:
Been terrified all week.

Could only watch the first qtr before heading to my sons footy. Thought we were in big trouble. Was checking scores and the forums but that’s a very difficult way to track and monitor a game.

Ended up having to be the boundary umpire and was still checking scores as best I could for the whole second half :lol:

Absolutely rapt to comeback and win. Especially against those dirty filthy cheating red and black cauliflower.

Just finishing watching the replay. Walsh is simply unbelievable, we are blessed to have him. Harry immense second half. Parks is a cult hero already. Love his hardness and competitive nature. That tackle on AMT was @#$%&! brilliant.

Still plenty to work on but we showed some grit, fight and competitive spirit today. Very pleasing to see.

Season still alive. Be brilliant if we can snag at least one of the next two...

What I like about Parks is that when he makes a mistake he works extremely hard to make up for it as soon as possible. Have seen him do that quite a few times in his few games.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:31 pm 
John James

Watched the game at ground level today. Cripps looked like he was struggling to bend over.

Essendon* are Cuningham's bitches.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Walsh, Saad and Weiters.
Accuracy makes a real difference.
8 goals out of small forwards.
Harry, Ed and Cuningham. That's 2 in a row for Davey.
Love the way Parks plays.
Samo was good when he came on. Stocker was good defensively. Very encouraging game from Owies. Another solid game from Cottrell.
Liked McGovern's game as well. Really like it when he's aggressive against the opposition.
Good to see the MC starting the game with Ed on Merrett.

Cons:

Still leaking goals far too easily. Can't imagine today's effort would have good enough against half the competition.
Casboult, Pittonet and Cripps. Probably the worst game I've ever seen from Cripps.
Would have liked to see teammates remonstrating with Tipungwuti after he took a shot at Cottrell's ribs.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sidefx wrote:
Also wish Dow had played a full game, he was starting to get a bit of the pill before he went off.

Agree. Didn't see the final stats, but he had more clearances in the first 15 minutes than Cripps had in the first half.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:37 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Brently8 wrote:
Watched the game at ground level today. Cripps looked like he was struggling to bend over.

Essendon** are Cuningham's bitches.
I couldn't fault his endeavour, watching replay he seemed thrilled with the win

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:18 am 
Ken Hunter

..struggling, obviously playing hurt..

....should have never remodeled him.. ....we all got excited with what he could be, we need to just let him be that inside beast again..

....and feed him a few angry pills too..

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:15 am 
formerly King Kenny

We won with a great effort from midway second quarter.

Kids were brilliant and set the tone. Richie Cuningham outstanding, Parks, Stocker tackling machines, Walsh and Weitering our next Captains.

Casboult just needs to go back and find form in the VFL. So far from competitive, he has become a liability.

Owies great reward for smart play.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:23 am 
Harry Vallence

Jonosc1 wrote:
Cunners best game for us I think.
SpS was great. Hard too.
Dow was great for the time he was on. Just let him play in the guts.
Walsh should’ be captain

Conspiracy theory. Cripps has decided to leave. Can’t face his team mates. Playing poorly as he is so anxious about it.
Or maybe the game has changed too much for him.

Something ain’t right. Maybe he played a role today. I only watched on tv, so hard to tell

There definitely has to be something wrong with cripps , he can’t bend over at all , he has always been excellent below his knees

And let’s not talk about the brain fade trying to kick the ball on his left foot !!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:17 am 
Harry Vallence

Wonder how much credit you give Worsfold for that win. Don't think they had a single winner in the midfield. Parish, Merrett, Heppell etc all had little to no impact on the result.

On the other hand, I feel like they won every single forward line match up, yet failed to isolate any of them one out and try and take advantage - AMT, Stringer, Hooker, and even Jones all looked match winners at various points in the match, yet Rutten never made the move. Hopefully a sign that our backline is a lot less one on one focused, but realistically, and looking at some of the comments from Essendon* supporters, I think that was more of a Rutten error.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:34 am 
Bruce Doull

* supporters drinking lots of copium at the moment, fueled by media BS.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:01 am 
Banned

Our defensive transitioning needs to get better. - that first half we were too loose and let them run too much but after half time it was better. None the less seems the leaders realised it was a defensive mess during midway second term and fixed it as game went on.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 am 
Wayne Johnston

jezzarules wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Betts good, but his reflexes are going. Last season no doubt.

Was disappointed with his man the mark efforts.
Couple of times was too slow so had to stay out of zone, so no pressure applied.

Not lazy, he’s been doing this intentionally all year, I guess he thinks he can provide more pressure standing back as it allows him to move and react. He always confirms with the umpire that he’s on the limit of the protected zone.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 am 
Bob Chitty

A win we really needed. Couldn’t go 2-5 if we want to hang around in this season. All the better against that sad mob from Windy Hill.
Thought we were the better team for the majority of the day but we just leaked goals early and really it could have cost us in the end. Still need to improve and quickly if we want to challenge the Dogs and Dees in the next two weeks.
Walsh was BOG for mine. Just outstanding
Weiters, Saad, Cunners, Eddie and H all very good
Really liked the toughness and passion the youth played with. Parks’ tackle on Tippa change the momentum. Stocker going back with the flight. Owies cracked in and hit the scoreboard. That’s the intensity we need each and every week
SPS much better and needs to stay up around the ball.
Disappointing McGovern injured again
Now we need to try to sneak one of the next two vs Dogs and Dees

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:24 am 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Betts good, but his reflexes are going. Last season no doubt.

Was disappointed with his man the mark efforts.
Couple of times was too slow so had to stay out of zone, so no pressure applied.

Not lazy, he’s been doing this intentionally all year, I guess he thinks he can provide more pressure standing back as it allows him to move and react. He always confirms with the umpire that he’s on the limit of the protected zone.

Clearly a deliberate tactic from Betts. Allows him to move laterally instead of just having to stand there like a @#$%&! statue as his opponent runs around him.

Was at the game and it always felt like we were in it even when we were a few goals down, unlike those games where being 2 goals down feels like it's game over.

Walsh the clear standout and Saad was brilliant with his pace. Loved that SPS showed some toughness, that mark he took in defence was tough as it comes and was almost biblical with everyone strewn about his feet. The defense settled and did a good job intercepting after letting Tipping bloody Woody off the chain early. Liked Owies' game and good to see Eddie finally kick a couple.
Was a shame to have Dow injured after his promising start, along with Gov pinging his hammy in the last. Levi clearly playing under duress, he's marking perhaps 1/3 of the ones he'd normally take.

Essendon* supporters leaving the ground 1/2 way through the last made me happy, although I'd have been happier if the family sat next to us had left too. We were up and down like flower yo-yo's to let them in and out. Seriously, if your kid needs to piss every 2 minutes take them to the goddamned doctor.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:38 am 
Bruce Doull

I also have to laugh how everyone's crapping on about *'s youth when their best players were Parish, Heppell, Hooker, Merrett, AMT, Stringer and Smith, while the BOG was a 20 year-old ably supported by Parks, Stocker, Owies and Fogarty.

https://twitter.com/jaycee0202/status/1 ... 4296409090

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:
letting Tipping bloody Woody off the chain early

This really frustrated me.
Who was playing on him?
Also the 3 consecutive goals near the end which gave them a sniff was disappointing.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:26 am 
Bruce Doull

I was a bit iffy about the inclusions but Owies & Parks seemed to give us a bit of a refresh we've been needing the last 2 weeks, so well done MC.

Props to Paddy Dow who came back on with that shiner & tried to continue, even though it seemed a bit dumb. Greg Williams said he needed to toughen up...& that was a step in the right direction. Was playing well before getting the knock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next