Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:56 am 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
No changes, we believe in the process

Out Stocker, In Setters

Isn't that how it works?

Pretty much , we have a policy at Carlton a kid makes a mistake you are out

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:58 am 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
He was lazy

But Murphy was hard at it ?? Was he ?? How many touches for him In the first half ?? When the game was at it hot in the kitchen ?? Great leadership
And how many times did docherty fall over tonight and not keep up ??

You hang in there with great analysis

Docherty was one of our better players and there were at least 5 or 6 worse than Murphy.

As long as you say so then it must be true , very shrewd of you

Dermie did say tonight , Carlton is gifting games to Murphy but hey what would dermie know he only won 5 flags
Nothing like another wasted season and I can’t wait to see the drug cheats kids run all over us next week and dogs take us to the sword and then dees

You will still be cheering for our senior overrated players to keep playing ,,,,

I really don’t care what Dermie says.

And don’t tell me what I will or won’t be doing.

Ok so don’t cheer for your over hyped senior overrated can’t do anything wrong in hacks Murphy , docherty and plowman
You do you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:03 am 
Harry Vallence

Sort of game where mass changes should be considered:
In: Setterfield, Dow, Owies, Parks
Out: Betts, Casboult, Newnes, Gibbons

Cottrell kept because I think you need to make a decision on him at the end of the year. He's either got a Mitch Robinson-like ceiling or he's a list clogger. Stocker didn't impress either but again, a list call at the end of the year and don't think picking him for the first time in two years and dropping straight away achieves anything positive.

There's something to work with there. Right now it certainly isn't work ethic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:32 am 
Wayne Johnston

aboynamedsue wrote:
Out: Betts
In: Dow

Play Cunners forward/midfield and include an extra mid (Dow).

Alternatively, straight swap Betts for Owies.

Betts needs to go back to the reserves and not return until he can get to more contests.

Gibbons, Newnes, Casboult & Stocker are on thin ice - but hold their spot due to a lack of decent alternatives. Having said that, LOB for Newnes is an option I’d seriously consider this week.

Betts had at least four shots in goal so he must be getting to the right place, if he’d kicked four goals instead of four points he’d be our hero.

I think Betts problem is just age catching up with him and it’s affecting his skills, dropping marks, fumbling the ball and missing what he’d normally kick. I’m not convinced Owies would give a better option but I’m not averse to trying him in Betts place, but I think it’s a bit like shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

A more effective change would be giving Levi time out to recover from his injuries and playing a mobile second ruck like Cripps or Guv. Long term we need TDK plus an option like this anyway so let’s start now. Levi won’t be around for much longer and Pittonet is no good unless he’s first ruck (and even then he’s not much chop).

There’s none in the VFL demanding to be promoted and nine would make much difference.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:52 am 
Craig Bradley

Love Eddie but it is time I would give anyone else a go as a small forward -season almost shot at 2-4 so it’s now a matter of trying other options

Cant put pressure on in forward line so need someone younger fitter to try to

Murphy Eddie and Casboult diabolical in forward line no pressure no marking power -under the roof Casboult didn’t take one yesterday

Teague might have belief but anyone going for the last 2 weeks wants more than empty rhetoric

I also want stocker Cunningham to get a number of games to see whether they can be come consistent AFL players
Newnes Cripps Williams Pitto doc (better yesterday) all need to lift

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:24 am 
Bob Chitty

Children, play nice.

Betts missed a couple he'd normally eat up... snag them and his game wouldn't look so bad. Murphy did better tonight though I thought he needed to. Gibbons again disappointed.

The question is who to bring in? No-one is knocking the door down. Does Parks come straight in if fit? I like his go. I like Owies intensity and wouldn't mind him in for someone - maybe Eddie could use a rest or Gibbons a run in the 2s. Several looked OK in the 2s but none knocking the door down despite the big win. Dow, Setters and LOB I'd like to see really grab the 2s by the throat before bringing them back up. Willo didn't impress despite getting a bit of the ball.

Might get a couple back into the 2s this week which leads towards the ability to make changes a couple of weeks down the track but not so many options just at the minute.

For me I am thinking Owies in Gibbons to sub and Kennedy a run in the 2s.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 am 
Rod Ashman

Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
..Honestly I don't care about the result..

....I want us to smash them.. ....literally.. ....just forget footy training for the week, and hone our skills in the ring.. ....drop any player that shirks a genuine opportunity to inflict pain.. ....reward every player that gets suspended for a real thug act, and secretly reward them for any cheap shot.. ....belt them, and then try and kick a goal.. ....maybe..

i like this :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:57 am 
Rod Ashman

I wouldn't bring Dow in yet. if i was Teague i would let him know he was on the right track and continue, let him want it and earn it.
As for a small forward, we need players that can run through the middle and rest forward not just a positional player.
Rest Cripps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

azzablue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
No changes, we believe in the process

Out Stocker, In Setters

Isn't that how it works?

Pretty much , we have a policy at Carlton a kid makes a mistake you are out

Was a great goal to though

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

It’s Betts last year no doubt.

His 0.4 converted to say 2.2 would read much better.

Am l mistaken to say he created a couple of goals for others yesterday through his harrassing and pressuring?

Gibbons is the major disappointment. For someone who has toiled for many years to get a gig on an AFL list, he plays with minimal intensity, low football nous, plays like a millionaire , a bona fide he is not etc etc.

Lucky to have been included in Rd1 due to Williams preseason suspension. Ahh Williams don’t get me started on him....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

I’m not sure how we have no tall options left on the list to replace Casboult but he needs to go.

Newnes, Gibbons look like list cloggers at the moment, but again no idea who to replace them with.

List management looks poor right now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rod Waddell wrote:
It’s Betts last year no doubt.

His 0.4 converted to say 2.2 would read much better.

Am l mistaken to say he created a couple of goals for others yesterday through his harrassing and pressuring?

Gibbons is the major disappointment. For someone who has toiled for many years to get a gig on an AFL list, he plays with minimal intensity, low football nous, plays like a millionaire , a bona fide he is not etc etc.

Lucky to have been included in Rd1 due to Williams preseason suspension. Ahh Williams don’t get me started on him....

Would Stoker to a wing, Williams to HBF and SPS more middle time make us any worse?

Might be time to play Williams where he plays his best football

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Funny thing is the reserves won by 12 goals but really the only option for Ins is if we dance the LOB-Dow-Setterfield shuffle again.

Ramsay & Honey both looked pretty good but need more of a base to build on at this stage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:31 pm 
John James

Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
..Honestly I don't care about the result..

....I want us to smash them.. ....literally.. ....just forget footy training for the week, and hone our skills in the ring.. ....drop any player that shirks a genuine opportunity to inflict pain.. ....reward every player that gets suspended for a real thug act, and secretly reward them for any cheap shot.. ....belt them, and then try and kick a goal.. ....maybe..

Some may find this a heroic sentiment. I find it cowardly. Sure, many of the baggers need to harden up and play more accountable football. but that’s a really stupid idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Betts strikes me as the type of guy that would pull the pin mid season if he knows its for the good of the club.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:40 pm 
John James

sinbagger wrote:
Betts had at least four shots in goal so he must be getting to the right place, if he’d kicked four goals instead of four points he’d be our hero.

I think Betts problem is just age catching up with him and it’s affecting his skills, dropping marks, fumbling the ball and missing what he’d normally kick. I’m not convinced Owies would give a better option but I’m not averse to trying him in Betts place, but I think it’s a bit like shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

Apparently Betts kick 0.4 in 2010 against the Lions and it wasn’t old age then. But agree he’s a shadow of himself at his peak ability and influence on games, which sadly was at the Crows, because we couldn’t afford him due to our star studded list. His off-the-ball works continues to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

azzablue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
He was lazy

But Murphy was hard at it ?? Was he ?? How many touches for him In the first half ?? When the game was at it hot in the kitchen ?? Great leadership
And how many times did docherty fall over tonight and not keep up ??

You hang in there with great analysis

Docherty was one of our better players and there were at least 5 or 6 worse than Murphy.

As long as you say so then it must be true , very shrewd of you

Dermie did say tonight , Carlton is gifting games to Murphy but hey what would dermie know he only won 5 flags
Nothing like another wasted season and I can’t wait to see the drug cheats kids run all over us next week and dogs take us to the sword and then dees

You will still be cheering for our senior overrated players to keep playing ,,,,

I really don’t care what Dermie says.

And don’t tell me what I will or won’t be doing.

Ok so don’t cheer for your over hyped senior overrated can’t do anything wrong in hacks Murphy , docherty and plowman
You do you

:confused: :roll:
Get well soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:10 pm 
Horrie Clover

No changes this week unless required due to injury.

Successful teams strive for a settled team line up. They don’t make changes week in week out unless absolutely necessary. Let them get used to playing with each other. That’s when the synergies start happening and players can start to play with some freedom as they have a better idea of what their team mates will do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:23 pm 
Robert Walls

DesEnglish wrote:
I’m not sure how we have no tall options left on the list to replace Casboult but he needs to go.

Newnes, Gibbons look like list cloggers at the moment, but again no idea who to replace them with.

List management looks poor right now

Richmond won a GF with one tall fwd and Grigg second ruck

Casboult is injured and playing poorly...Be creative Teague et al. Find a solution and don't hide behind the "there's no one left at VFL level bc of injuries"

McG is in the team now...why can't he play the kick out target (or whatever its called)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DesEnglish wrote:
Would Stoker to a wing, Williams to HBF and SPS more middle time make us any worse?

Might be time to play Williams where he plays his best football

Williams was rotating through half back yesterday

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next