Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 3:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4898
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
So when did you post these?
What year?
At the time of the 2018 trade period what did you post concerning the Setterfield and Mc Govern trades
when we had the worst year in our history.
I was filthy as you know.
You are quick to post stuff but don’t acknowledge what you said about O’Shea or Mc Adam.

Anyway great to see are coming around to the fact that getting a job because of your name and being close mates with the boss can be a recipe for disaster :wink:


What's your fascination with McAdam
He averages less score involvements than Murphy, the same amount of tackles and he averages 4 kicks per game.
Of his 7.2 possessions per game, 2.8 are clangers.
Yet you're crying for Murphy to be dropped. :screwy:



You say your critical about SOSs recruiting of mids what about the Mc Govern trade and the timing.
McAdam is interesting. We had him for nothing and passed him up for a bloke who SOS clearly overrated and 43 games with the Crows should have shown that not to mention pick 26,28 or pick 13

And you clearly have no idea about where Mc Adam plays
He plays deep forward. Compare him with Betts. See what you come up with there.

As for Murphy playing he plays on a wing is passed it provides @#$%&! all pressure doesn’t run both ways is too old but the club continues to gift him games. That’s Teague’s fault for whatever the reason.
So get your facts right


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:48 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4109
Effes wrote:
Votes
Player (Club)
10 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
8 Harrison McKay (CARL)
6 Dayne Zorko (BL)
4 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
1 Brandon Starcevich (BL)
1 Ed Curnow (CARL)
Correct but harsh on Weiters and Jones

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:28 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 15090
keogh wrote:
As for Murphy playing he plays on a wing is passed it provides @#$%&! all pressure doesn’t run both ways is too old but the club continues to gift him games. That’s Teague’s fault for whatever the reason.
So get your facts right


Get your facts right?
Murphy has played 90% half forward. He's rarely played wing this season.
And he still has more score involvements than McAdam
I thought you watch the games more than the rest of us Mr Magoo? :lol:

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:35 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15346
Location: Bondi Beach
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
So when did you post these?
What year?
At the time of the 2018 trade period what did you post concerning the Setterfield and Mc Govern trades
when we had the worst year in our history.
I was filthy as you know.
You are quick to post stuff but don’t acknowledge what you said about O’Shea or Mc Adam.

Anyway great to see are coming around to the fact that getting a job because of your name and being close mates with the boss can be a recipe for disaster :wink:


What's your fascination with McAdam?
He averages less score involvements than Murphy, the same amount of tackles and he averages 4 kicks per game.
Of his 7.2 possessions per game, 2.8 are clangers.
Yet you're crying for Murphy to be dropped. :screwy:


That's pretty funny.

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:44 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4898
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
As for Murphy playing he plays on a wing is passed it provides @#$%&! all pressure doesn’t run both ways is too old but the club continues to gift him games. That’s Teague’s fault for whatever the reason.
So get your facts right


Get your facts right?
Murphy has played 90% half forward. He's rarely played wing this season.
And he still has more score involvements than McAdam
I thought you watch the games more than the rest of us Mr Magoo? :lol:



Oh well we agree to disagree
Give us your thoughts on the trade I mentioned
It’s been 2 years and six games baby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:44 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15346
Location: Bondi Beach
BV and keogh.
They make TC a special place.

Can't wait to take them out for a dinner, a couple of the best, and then some more, then watch them start the mutual admiration lines...youre not as bad as I thought...yeah nah...youre better...and they then proceed to both turn on me. :cry:


Thanks fellas.

We all love Carlton to be better...we will have our day in the sun.

Some of us think we aren't far off Top 4, despite the many choices made by some at the club that go against our preferences, and others think we've blown our chance.

I made a bet today, that we will win 6 (and I offered 7) of our last 11 games ending the season with good momentum with the return of our injured and getting the mix right as well as our defensive set up

I think longer stops will also make a huge difference holding our feet. :wink:

So after round 6, we have 5 more games to the half way mark. If we can snag another couple of wins, putting us at 4 wins and 7 losses, then add another 6 wins doesn't quite cut it...traditionally speaking... but this year, anything can happen..and we might make finals with 11.

Carpa Diem

Go Blues

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 pm 
Offline
Bert Deacon

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 538
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
As for Murphy playing he plays on a wing is passed it provides @#$%&! all pressure doesn’t run both ways is too old but the club continues to gift him games. That’s Teague’s fault for whatever the reason.
So get your facts right


Get your facts right?
Murphy has played 90% half forward. He's rarely played wing this season.
And he still has more score involvements than McAdam
I thought you watch the games more than the rest of us Mr Magoo? :lol:


Murphy has had more score imvolvements , surely you are taking the piss

His lob kicks are shocking , no one can lead to his kicks

No wonder we are 2 and 4 if that’s true

He hasn’t been sighted in crucial stages

_________________
#itstimeformuphysgoodbye


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:50 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 pm
Posts: 3559
How depressing that we aren’t shitting enough or good enough to be noticed by the AFL media. We are on par with the kangaroos - irrelevant.

_________________
Donald Trump is a @#$%&! paedophile.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:14 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 32880
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
McConville33 wrote:
Why try to rationalise one game at a time?

Why not look at the players who are there and why they are?

Beyond Sam Walsh, and I don't think any recruiter could have missed him, what midfielder has Silvagni picked who spends regular time in the centre square?
Please don't try the play the kids line. They are palpably not good enough.

The list is nowhere near good enough, especially considering the picks the club has had.

The media and one eyed supporters keep talking about Carlton as improvers. The reality is that the club's recruiting, headed by Silvagni, has been dreadful.



Just watching the Dees....Petracca, Oliver, Salem, Viney, and probably a few on the periphery I'm not familiar with. Pure mids galore.

Dow and SPS were both picked where they were expected to be at the time, Setterfield was a potential #1 in his draft year who we picked up cheaply, Kennedy and Marchbank were first rounders in a similar boat, meanwhile Kemp was a bargain who we can't get on the park.

The issue isn't the players we selected, it's what happened after they got here.

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:19 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4898
Hey BV
Our you having dinner
The McGovern trade
2 and a bit years
How’s it looking in your eyes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:20 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4898
Donstuie wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
McConville33 wrote:
Why try to rationalise one game at a time?

Why not look at the players who are there and why they are?

Beyond Sam Walsh, and I don't think any recruiter could have missed him, what midfielder has Silvagni picked who spends regular time in the centre square?
Please don't try the play the kids line. They are palpably not good enough.

The list is nowhere near good enough, especially considering the picks the club has had.

The media and one eyed supporters keep talking about Carlton as improvers. The reality is that the club's recruiting, headed by Silvagni, has been dreadful.



Just watching the Dees....Petracca, Oliver, Salem, Viney, and probably a few on the periphery I'm not familiar with. Pure mids galore.

Dow and SPS were both picked where they were expected to be at the time, Setterfield was a potential #1 in his draft year who we picked up cheaply, Kennedy and Marchbank were first rounders in a similar boat, meanwhile Kemp was a bargain who we can't get on the park.

The issue isn't the players we selected, it's what happened after they got here.

That is the worst post I have read for a while
Both big kids as juniors who matured early
It’s shit recruiting
Your drinking your own bath water


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:41 pm 
Online
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 44718
Location: #1 Parks Fan Club
Effes wrote:
CBAs Vs Brisbane

Carlton 31 – Marc Pittonet 28, Patrick Cripps 26, Ed Curnow 23, Sam Walsh 18, David Cuningham 14, Zac Williams 9, Levi Casboult 3, Lachie Fogarty 3.


Awful reading.

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:00 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:17 am
Posts: 31004
azzablue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
As for Murphy playing he plays on a wing is passed it provides @#$%&! all pressure doesn’t run both ways is too old but the club continues to gift him games. That’s Teague’s fault for whatever the reason.
So get your facts right


Get your facts right?
Murphy has played 90% half forward. He's rarely played wing this season.
And he still has more score involvements than McAdam
I thought you watch the games more than the rest of us Mr Magoo? :lol:


Murphy has had more score imvolvements , surely you are taking the piss

His lob kicks are shocking , no one can lead to his kicks

No wonder we are 2 and 4 if that’s true

He hasn’t been sighted in crucial stages
You know how stats work right?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

_________________
"One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds." - Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:21 am 
Offline
Bert Deacon

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 538
Wojee wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
As for Murphy playing he plays on a wing is passed it provides @#$%&! all pressure doesn’t run both ways is too old but the club continues to gift him games. That’s Teague’s fault for whatever the reason.
So get your facts right


Get your facts right?
Murphy has played 90% half forward. He's rarely played wing this season.
And he still has more score involvements than McAdam
I thought you watch the games more than the rest of us Mr Magoo? :lol:


Murphy has had more score imvolvements , surely you are taking the piss

His lob kicks are shocking , no one can lead to his kicks

No wonder we are 2 and 4 if that’s true

He hasn’t been sighted in crucial stages
You know how stats work right?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk


Yes I do but thanks

We are so lucky he is In our team , hopefully he plays to 400 , how will Carlton survive without him

I loook forward to score involvements this week

_________________
#itstimeformuphysgoodbye


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:43 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 4228
Location: Singapore
azzablue wrote:
Wojee wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
As for Murphy playing he plays on a wing is passed it provides @#$%&! all pressure doesn’t run both ways is too old but the club continues to gift him games. That’s Teague’s fault for whatever the reason.
So get your facts right


Get your facts right?
Murphy has played 90% half forward. He's rarely played wing this season.
And he still has more score involvements than McAdam
I thought you watch the games more than the rest of us Mr Magoo? :lol:


Murphy has had more score imvolvements , surely you are taking the piss

His lob kicks are shocking , no one can lead to his kicks

No wonder we are 2 and 4 if that’s true

He hasn’t been sighted in crucial stages
You know how stats work right?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk


Yes I do but thanks

We are so lucky he is In our team , hopefully he plays to 400 , how will Carlton survive without him

I loook forward to score involvements this week


If he has 20 this week we’ll all be happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:36 am
Posts: 6806
bondiblue wrote:
I think longer stops will also make a huge difference holding our feet. :wink:


I know Marvel has always been a hard and slippery surface, but the slipping over by our players was diabolical.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 1:40 pm
Posts: 2913
Quite a few players slipped over, not just CFC players. There was an A-League game there on Friday night and it seemed like the slipping was mostly done inside the A-League playing area, rather than out on the wings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:24 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15346
Location: Bondi Beach
Stefchook wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I think longer stops will also make a huge difference holding our feet. :wink:


I know Marvel has always been a hard and slippery surface, but the slipping over by our players was diabolical.


Its been happening this year at the Dome.

Not as bad, but starting to look like the Dome use to be before the new grass was developed.

Lions slipped over plenty too, but the cost was more obvious to us when 3 of the times players slipped in the corridor/ lead lane and ended up goals to the Lions. How many did we lose by again?

It needs to be looked at by Carlton given we play 6 more game there before finals, and looked at by the AFL because like a decade ago, they can't hide from their repsonsibilities.

Knowing the AFL Commission, the all mighty dollars are more important than player welfare, coz they are a farce with their player welfare (have a look at how many head high incidents have been played down).

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: billy_bongo, carntheblues, GMCbris, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], missnaut, Teddy Hopkins, Waterman and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group