Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 7:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:28 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 5715
Location: Melbourne
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Despite the result I'm happy with the performance.


Are you David Teague?


Im very happy with the way the boys played. The only part of the game that let us down was efficiency inside forward 50. Unfortunately for us it wasn't a game where players like Betts and Gibbons played sub VFL level. Other than that - I thought we played well and Brisbane should feel relieved they got away with that one.


Fair enough. For me it was a pretty disastrous performance. Devoid of any meaningful system, terrible skill errors and decision making, Teague's trade mark 5 goal swing which ultimately cost us the game, and a handful of players who don't look AFL standard. Our game plan just looks like utter chaos.

Our efficiency inside forward 50 is always what lets us down, but ultimately this what determines a good vs poor team

Walsh and Harry were our saving grace.

_________________
:lol: :-D :) :? :( :x :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:42 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Posts: 2900
sinbagger wrote:
WOW wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Casboult massive liability


Has been for over 10 years

It’s a joke he is still playing in our best 22

Pretty obvious rebuild is a bust when you have hacks like him still in your team


He’s playing injured and there’s no one to replace him


And that's Teague's problem...has no idea how to get creative, especially now that McG is back

I'd be rotating Jones and McG through the ruck and bring in another runner...or even Kennedy as a semi permanent HF

_________________
If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 pm 
Online
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 1615
99prelim wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
WOW wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Casboult massive liability


Has been for over 10 years

It’s a joke he is still playing in our best 22

Pretty obvious rebuild is a bust when you have hacks like him still in your team


He’s playing injured and there’s no one to replace him


And that's Teague's problem...has no idea how to get creative, especially now that McG is back

I'd be rotating Jones and McG through the ruck and bring in another runner...or even Kennedy as a semi permanent HF


His winjury is that he is hopeless and has no business being on an afl list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:45 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:39 pm
Posts: 15634
99prelim wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
WOW wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Casboult massive liability


Has been for over 10 years

It’s a joke he is still playing in our best 22

Pretty obvious rebuild is a bust when you have hacks like him still in your team


He’s playing injured and there’s no one to replace him


And that's Teague's problem...has no idea how to get creative, especially now that McG is back

I'd be rotating Jones and McG through the ruck and bring in another runner...or even Kennedy as a semi permanent HF



Remembering that Richmond won a flag with Grigg as backup ruckman. That's creative.

_________________
"I had to eat"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:54 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 27386
Location: Half back flank
For the most part the effort was there. The polish & process were not.

We just make everything look so damn difficult

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:00 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 11408
Went to the game, not sure why I keep doing it to myself.
I thought we were competitive for most of the game, just that terrible 2nd quarter killed off any chance of winning.
Walsh is a star, McKay is one of the best forwards at the moment.
Sad to see Betts struggling at present.
Have no idea what the answer is.
20 odd years of failure takes its toll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:16 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 15076
CK95 wrote:
For the most part the effort was there. The polish & process were not.

We just make everything look so damn difficult


:thumbsup:

You're on fire lately CK.

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:19 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 3372
Location: lygon street
kezza wrote:
Went to the game, not sure why I keep doing it to myself.
I thought we were competitive for most of the game, just that terrible 2nd quarter killed off any chance of winning.
Walsh is a star, McKay is one of the best forwards at the moment.
Sad to see Betts struggling at present.
Have no idea what the answer is.
20 odd years of failure takes its toll.



My exact thoughts almost word for word.

_________________
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:20 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 3372
Location: lygon street
Lol... if you needed proof that this team has finally broken everyone, here it is. The mods can't even be bothered locking the match thread

_________________
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], rhino27 and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group