Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Shit,thats darn good Bondi....................anyhow,i reckon we are going to win this with a leg in the air.Really feel the boys are gonna gellJust be hard like an old style Carlton.Let 'em know they have to earn everything against................and just play like your coach used to play.Dave Teague was no super star but was COURAGE as good as any player i have seen at the Blues.He was Kenny Hunter like.Yeah,Kenny Hunter like..........if these blokes take a leaf out of Teague's book the will go a long way to squaring the ledger.Forget about fancy new age game plans,make it a scrap.

Regards Mick.

The Carlton Football Club...............Now,Always,Forever.

I'm sorry angry Mickstar.

I love my club and my Blue Brethren who are hurting, and I'm a fair minded egalitarian.

This is David (Carlton) vs a particular Group within a Company with Agendas (Media).

Angry that the supporters have dropped their chin and are letting down their team by taking the side of those journos (if that's what you call them) who have agendas and want to tarnish Carlton and takle the focus off Saints (Nick), Merrett's contract (Robbo), Excess talls (Lyon)......there's agendas at play. They take the focus off our injuries and with that what we have built with this list ie a Destination Club.

The glass half full. We lost to good teams...only lost by 4 goals to tigers, 5 goals to Pies and Port with all those injuries, because of bad kicking at goal, turnovers, half hearted tackling, and playing injured players, and umpires. These are all fixable in the future and can be improved today. Don't let the umpires decide our faith, unless umpire No. 22 Nathan Wliiamson is umpiring. If he does, then cut the Blues some slack.

We've dropped 2 of the 6 liabilities in the team with fit players Stocker and the maligned speedstar Cuningham, and hopefully strains and corkies have settled.

We can win this IF..... but we can.

WE ARE NOT A RABBLE

So, @#$%&! support your team against these pricks in the media. Our agenda is to pick all the lies and shoprtfalls in their reporting because they want to pick the eyes of our weaknesses and turn us into a carcass.

@#$%&! them... the fairweather types and the media.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Suggesting Docherty should be dropped is ridiculous

Yeah you are right , we need docherty for his drop marks in a goal square and his out of bounce on full kicking

Who would take over that

If we can’t Murphy dropped for no accountability

Docherty is safe for another 5 years

You are getting nastier by the minute...just to make a point about Teague.

Is Stocker and Cuningham better than Docherty?

Is that what you're saying?

I've asked you before, who should be replaced and by whom?

Murphy gets replace by anyone and we would have Better output ,,, that’s a easy one

As for docherty he should be not be paying the intercept player anymore , and let’s see if he can just play as a normal defender

We did survive not making the 8 for 2 years without docherty if you remember correctly .. so the evidence is there that we can survive without him

I don't want Murphy playing and I've ben saying that for more than 2 years.
Too hot and cold for an experienced player and his shoulders....

Other than 23rd man for 10 more games I don't want him anymore.

But its not that easy as you say. We don't have a player named "Anyone" in the Twos.
Is it that hard for you too to name a replacement? I've asked twice now.

There's no one ready other than those we have dropped.
Dow? He's lost his game sense imo, and I believe he needs to develop upper body strength to break tackles.

The Docherty statement re survival does not address the main reason he is there.
Does he make us better?

I don't think you know what happened to doc early in the game with his shoulder.
Explains the dropped marks.

On one hand you are suggesting we are better off without him, then on the other he shouldn't be playing intercept.
Is that Docherty's fault or the coaches, or are you becoming over the top bitter and getting caught up with the agenda ridden media vitriol too?
Think about it.

Docherty is in our best 22, and every other of the 17 teams too.

You've heard the saying we are as good as our bottom 2 that take the field. There lies the answer.

Clearly you have problems reading and interpreting what anyone means

So Owies , honey , Ramsay , Philip would give more than Murphy

But hey you stick to your superstars who have bought you joy over the last 15 years

Hang in there , hopefully for you , Murphy gets a extension end of the year and you will be happier then

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:27 am 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Shit,thats darn good Bondi....................anyhow,i reckon we are going to win this with a leg in the air.Really feel the boys are gonna gellJust be hard like an old style Carlton.Let 'em know they have to earn everything against................and just play like your coach used to play.Dave Teague was no super star but was COURAGE as good as any player i have seen at the Blues.He was Kenny Hunter like.Yeah,Kenny Hunter like..........if these blokes take a leaf out of Teague's book the will go a long way to squaring the ledger.Forget about fancy new age game plans,make it a scrap.

Regards Mick.

I love my club and my Blue Brethren who are hurting, and I'm a fair minded egalitarian.

This is David (Carlton) vs a particular Group within a Company with Agendas (Media).

Angry that the supporters have dropped their chin and are letting down their team by taking the side of those journos (if that's what you call them) who have agendas and want to tarnish Carlton and takle the focus off Saints (Nick), Merrett's contract (Robbo), Excess talls (Lyon)......there's agendas at play. They take the focus off our injuries and with that what we have built with this list ie a Destination Club.

The glass half full. We lost to good teams...only lost by 4 goals to tigers, 5 goals to Pies and Port with all those injuries, because of bad kicking at goal, turnovers, half hearted tackling, and playing injured players, and umpires. These are all fixable in the future and can be improved today. Don't let the umpires decide our faith, unless umpire No. 22 Nathan Wliiamson is umpiring. If he does, then cut the Blues some slack.

We've dropped 2 of the 6 liabilities in the team with fit players Stocker and the maligned speedstar Cuningham, and hopefully strains and corkies have settled.

WE ARE NOT A RABBLE

So, @#$%&! support your team against these pricks in the media. Our agenda is to pick all the lies and shoprtfalls in their reporting because they want to pick the eyes of our weaknesses and turn us into a carcass.

Go Blues.

I hear what you are saying. The reality is the situation at Carlton is not a rabble but there are certainly serious concerns and some odd decision making selection wise. Poor recruiting and development have seriously undermined our progress. Injuries not withstanding. There appears to be a lack of confidence in each other on field. Why doesn't Cripps handpass to better positioned players rather than take on 2 or three players? Why is SPS playing in a role that just not suit him? Why was Dow a sub when a full game in the VFL was the other option? Why do players like Williams just bomb it forward hoping for the best? Why do players need to be reminded that 100% effort in pressuring and tacking is a critical part of our game? Why are so many players such unreliable kicks? Today's game will be very revealing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

azzablue wrote:
But it’s all about intent , playing as a team , cohesion , relevance , mentally tough Enough, which we failed miserably in !! So please before you talk about docherty , have a look at his composure is last weeks game and last 10 minutes in the tigers game

But hey , you clap for him today !! I’m quite he will get his usual stats and impress everyone

The good ole days of racking up stats , I bet you used to love it when Gibbs racked up stats and Murphy back in day

He doesn't have to impress me.
He just has to impress the people that matter. The coaches both gave him votes against Gold Coast the previous week. More votes than any player on the ground!
And then he has people like you with the comprehension and writing skills of a 10 year old bagging him on a fan site. :screwy:
Do you really think he gives a damn about that? Nah, I wouldn't think so. He values the opinions of people with a clue.

You disregard the facts about his injury last week, you disregard the fact he was very good the previous week (as shown by the coaches votes) and you continue to embarrass yourself with your uninformed rubbish. He was never in the frame to be dropped this week and your assertion just displays your lack of understanding of the game.
Run along and come back when you get a grasp of reality.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Wojee wrote:
I hope we win just to give the Chicken Littles a week off.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I'm one of those. We win, big deal. Sustained success is what I want to see, not 'responses' and 'statements' 3 or 4 times a year. We'll probably do ok, off Broadway. Wait until the next big game, big team, big stage. We'll fold like a cheap suit. Nothing is more certain.

Make of a win today what you wish. It is a big deal.

Its a week to week proposition for every team.
Thus far only 2 teams remain unbeaten after 5 rounds. TWO.

You make out the football world us a Top 4 team, or top 6 team.

We were 11th last year after 7 wins.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't beat top 6 teams.
Pies was terrible. Williamson was the weakest link that game. Plow wasn't firing either.

Are you really surprised we lost to Tigers and Port? The 2 top teams from 2020?

17 rounds to go. I bet we win more this year than last year....up and up we go.

Enjoy the footy. I hope your team wins

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
This is a big game - Lions played Preliminary last year if I'm not mistaken.

Team needs to do better but we are not a top four side yet either.

Sensible post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

VFL being streamed on KAYO if anyone has it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:33 am 
John James

Blue Vain wrote:

No Kennedy so he must be the medical sub today. Jack Silvagni providing special comments.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:34 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:

Clearly you have problems reading and interpreting what anyone means

So Owies , honey , Ramsay , Philip would give more than Murphy

But hey you stick to your superstars who have bought you joy over the last 15 years

Hang in there , hopefully for you , Murphy gets a extension end of the year and you will be happier then

azza

you've got me wrong...really wrong...and I dont really give a rats about that.

I copped heaps from posters about Murphy over the last 3 years, in particular this year.

I wanted him gone at the end of 2019, again 2020 and I probably started the negativity against Murphy on this forum this year following round 1 when he played midfield and couldn't tackle...not you, me!

I'm not proud of that now if I've fuelled you and your vitriol. I just posted what I saw as a weakness, and a mistake.

You are turning on everyone, including me, the so called "Murphy hater". Every time I see that term, I respond, despite the fact they probably mean you. Why? because I believe he is a liability. Stop belittling me and yes I understand what you are saying. Its not that sophisticated.

Let him get to 300 coz I can't stop it. Neither can you no matter who you attack and what you say. Its only 10 games.

I guarantee you, not much changes if he plays or not in the next 10 weeks.

Our bottom 6, and he is part of that, are not going to be dropped because...be fair and try to understand this when I say "the cupboard is bare"....

Kennedy, Williamson, Dow, Setterfield and OBrien have been dropped because they've produced less than Murphy...and that's bad;

Philp, Durdin Honey are on modifed program, building minutes after interupted preseason, and just got back a week ago;

Ramsay is skinny and played one good praccy game, and didn't do much last week when it counted, Owies' potential spot as a FP is taken up by Betts and Gibbons, he hasn't played midfield yet for a reason.

Take a big breath. We will get better and the tables will turn on every Carlton detractor this year, or, next.

We can't change much today, or next week, or the week after that. Hopefully Newman is back, Parks and DeKoning...small steps. Can't help that...you or I.

We are all in it together because we are welded on carlton supporters. Good luck to you if you're not. In that case you can easily find another team. From what I'm reading, you are stuck in the muck with me.

I don't ask for God to help us, I believe in our rebuild and that the sshortfalls thus far have been identified.

Simple. Like you and me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Beijing Blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Regards Mick.

WE ARE NOT A RABBLE

Go Blues.

I hear what you are saying. The reality is the situation at Carlton is not a rabble but there are certainly serious concerns and some odd decision making selection wise. Poor recruiting and development have seriously undermined our progress. Injuries not withstanding. There appears to be a lack of confidence in each other on field. Why doesn't Cripps handpass to better positioned players rather than take on 2 or three players? Why is SPS playing in a role that just not suit him? Why was Dow a sub when a full game in the VFL was the other option? Why do players like Williams just bomb it forward hoping for the best? Why do players need to be reminded that 100% effort in pressuring and tacking is a critical part of our game? Why are so many players such unreliable kicks? Today's game will be very revealing.

I agree with all you said. I usually do BB.

It can be fixed. Lets see how tha players react.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Brently8 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

No Kennedy so he must be the medical sub today. Jack Silvagni providing special comments.
Thanks... Opportunity for some to shine I guess... Seems we're dominating

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
But it’s all about intent , playing as a team , cohesion , relevance , mentally tough Enough, which we failed miserably in !! So please before you talk about docherty , have a look at his composure is last weeks game and last 10 minutes in the tigers game

But hey , you clap for him today !! I’m quite he will get his usual stats and impress everyone

The good ole days of racking up stats , I bet you used to love it when Gibbs racked up stats and Murphy back in day

He doesn't have to impress me.
He just has to impress the people that matter. The coaches both gave him votes against Gold Coast the previous week. More votes than any player on the ground!
And then he has people like you with the comprehension and writing skills of a 10 year old bagging him on a fan site. :screwy:
Do you really think he gives a damn about that? Nah, I wouldn't think so. He values the opinions of people with a clue.

You disregard the facts about his injury last week, you disregard the fact he was very good the previous week (as shown by the coaches votes) and you continue to embarrass yourself with your uninformed rubbish. He was never in the frame to be dropped this week and your assertion just displays your lack of understanding of the game.
Run along and come back when you get a grasp of reality.

I hope azza understands what you are saying.

Its not personal, because we are all on the same side, it's just the hit and miss concepts and the logic accompanies his posts last couple days ... well..lack of it really.

The disappointment is understandable, but the damnation of players and posters is...well I can visualise an angry red face, spitting and spraying to make a point regardless how far fetched and illogical it may be.

A real lack of respect azza for players and posters.

Come on azza. Lets talk about what we need to do today to win, the possibilities, and, if one can't seee us winning today, perhaps, calmly post what we will have to do that is possible in the future to fix this.

If people don't think we can win this week, with or without Murphy or Doc, then they shouldn't be so disappointed with the outcome. After all, its aligned with their expectation, this week.

We will win plenty of games this year...more than last, and that is progress considering how hampered we have been with injury.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brently8 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

:thumbsup: Onya Brentley

If today's encounter is as physical as we want from our boys against the Lions, and if injury requires Kennedy to take the field, he has the right kind of body to continue with the minimum requirement from supporters today.

Hit them high
Hit them low
Hit them...

... with our rhythm (and give them) stick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Ressies 12.1 to 3.0 at quarter time
A 40 minute + Quarter :lol:
Good to see Dow getting clearances and Setterfield winning ball in the midfield. I like the look of the ruckman they've bought in. An ex volleyballer apparently. Cat B rookie potential?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Good to see Dow getting clearances and Setterfield winning ball in the midfield. I like the look of the ruckman they've bought in. An ex volleyballer apparently. Cat B rookie potential?
4 goals to nil this quarter
74 to 42

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Could be a late change. Dow pulled from the VFL game at 3/4 time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ressies won by 10 goals.

From reserves thread.

Setterfield and Dow did well.
OBrien tries hard and never gives up
Williamson clanger central
Honey and Ramsay looking good.
Would be good if Honey played his first full game.

Nothing about Durdin and Owies

Kennedy looks to be 23rd man.

Look forward to report.

Looks like we picked the best team available this week given who is available in the reserves

GO BLUES

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

That's Mirkov.

He got beaten last week by Southport ruckman.

He may be learning the trade.

He may have learned a lot from last week?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Big opportunity to turn things around today. Win this and we’d be odds on to beat the cheats and go to 4-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Could be a late change. Dow pulled from the VFL game at 3/4 time.

You might be right with this abns

Someone said he had a coach whisper in his ear at 3/4 time and he looked shocked.

I hope its good news for him.

I hope its not bad news for the baggers....there were a few players playing injured last week.

Please don't let it be Saad.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next