Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:29 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
If Brisbane dont play out of their skins like Port we will beat them.

Its called playing to win a game of footy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:43 am 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Out Williamson (omitted) Murphy (retired)
In Stocker
That's only one in Einstein

Out - Williamson (omitted), Murphy (retired)

In - Stocker, mc²

Wouldn’t need changes if we had mc2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Lions played in pissing rain last night, hopefully would have taken a bit of energy out of the legs (I'm clinging to anything at the moemnt)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

In: Stocker, Owies, Cuningham, Durdin.

Out: easier to say who you keep in than who should be dropped. Cripps, Walsh, Cottrell, Weitering, Doc, Pittonet. Maybe Jones, Plowman, Fogarty, Saad, Williams. From the rest it can be a raffle as to who is dropped.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

Turn up play as a team
If today’s radio and TV programs and last nights radio programs are a guide the 80,000 members are restless and need more from this team

Not young anymore the excuses in 2021 don’t cut ice when you have a team with Saad Williams H Weiters Cripps and Walsh

Apart from Fogarty and maybe Walsh which players are playing better than last year -N0 One an indictment

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Turn up play as a team
If today’s radio and TV programs and last nights radio programs are a guide the 80,000 members are restless and need more from this team

Not young anymore the excuses in 2021 don’t cut ice when you have a team with Saad Williams H Weiters Cripps and Walsh

Apart from Fogarty and maybe Walsh which players are playing better than last year -N0 One an indictment

Good point.

Charlie is expected to improve on last year; just needs to play one game. :sad: sorry about that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

DesEnglish wrote:
CK95 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Out Williamson (omitted) Murphy (retired)
In Stocker
That's only one in Einstein

Out - Williamson (omitted), Murphy (retired)

In - Stocker, mc²

Wouldn’t need changes if we had mc2

I'd take mchammer over Murph

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:35 pm 
Bob Chitty

Will Cain come out with another rallying cry for our supporters to come out to the game like last week? References the fact that if the game was in adelaide, 40,000 port fans would show up. Yes Cain they would but they’ve been a consistent finals team and a kick off a GF last year. When our members show up with some expectation they get let down ie like last night. Don’t tell the members to show up if the players aren’t willing to. Give us something to cheer about and rally around. We’ve only been waiting 20 years

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:58 pm 
John Nicholls

david31 wrote:
Will Cain come out with another rallying cry for our supporters to come out to the game like last week? References the fact that if the game was in adelaide, 40,000 port fans would show up. Yes Cain they would but they’ve been a consistent finals team and a kick off a GF last year. When our members show up with some expectation they get let down ie like last night. Don’t tell the members to show up if the players aren’t willing to. Give us something to cheer about and rally around. We’ve only been waiting 20 years

:clap:

Should email him with this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Is Parks injured or not?

If not, and he's available this week:

Parks >>> Williamson
Stocker >> Kennedy
Cuningham >> Murphy

Murphy >>>Dow 23rd man ... he gets his games to make 300 if CFC is desperate for a feel good story

The injury list is ridiculous.

If Parks is still injured then Stocker takes Williamsons spot and Cuningham Murphy's spot

SPS, Newnes, Gibbons lucky to survive on yesterday's showing.

SPS out of the backline.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Out: SPS.
Don't care about any others, but if he plays than the match
committee is taking the piss. His effort was non existent yesterday. He couldn't be arsed chasing, tackling or kicking to a blue jumper.
Doc was also horrible but his were skill errors. He is badly out of form but I doubt we have the balls to make a statement with the captain. Maybe I can forgive a bad night or two with skill errors but not with a complete lack of effort that we saw from SPS .
He simply has to be dropped.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

david31 wrote:

Yes, it’s absolutely outrageous that the CEO of a footy club should encourage its members to attend a home game.

This is what his email should have said....

Dear member,

Yeah, don’t bother coming to the game this week; Port are a top 4 side and we’re a middle-of-the-table type team at the minute. We might get within 4 or 5 goals, but that’s as close as we’ll get, so give it a miss.

You know what? I thought we might sneak into the 8 at the start of the year, but that looks further away with every injury. And our list still has more holes than grandma’s undies! I told you SOS wasn’t flash at his job.

Mind you, losing a year of development last year certainly hasn’t helped. I gave Bolts the arse so I’m going to look a right dill if I sack his replacement (Teaguey) only 2 years later...

Maybe I’ll give Jack Russell the chop first and see if that makes a difference? If I can get the fitness bloke from my old club Richmond that will be an easy sell to you lot - those Tiger boys NEVER seem to get injured!!

Anyway, as I said, give Saturday’s game a wide birth; stay home and watch Prince Phil’s memorial ceremony instead.

In fact, stay away from our games until I tell you that we’re definitely going to win.

I’ve CC’ed the AFL in this email so that they know I’m discouraging patronage from an industry that lost millions last year.

Go Blues,

Cain.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:52 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Donstuie wrote:
These guys were at our level a few years ago.

Just let that sink in...

We were well ahead of Adelaide for most of last year and are ahead of North Melbourne now. But who would really be gob smacked if both of those clubs are back winning finals before we are?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
david31 wrote:

Yes, it’s absolutely outrageous that the CEO of a footy club should encourage its members to attend a home game.

Dear member,

Yeah, don’t bother coming to the game this week; Port are a top 4 side and we’re a middle-of-the-table type team at the minute. We might get within 4 or 5 goals, but that’s as close as we’ll get, so give it a miss.

You know what? I thought we might sneak into the 8 at the start of the year, but that looks further away with every injury. And our list still has more holes than grandma’s undies! I told you SOS wasn’t flash at his job.

Mind you, losing a year of development last year certainly hasn’t helped. I gave Bolts the arse so I’m going to look a right dill if I sack his replacement (Teaguey) only 2 years later...

Maybe I’ll give Jack Russell the chop first and see if that makes a difference? If I can get the fitness bloke from my old club Richmond that will be an easy sell to you lot - those Tiger boys NEVER seem to get injured!!

Anyway, as I said, give Saturday’s game a wide birth; stay home and watch Prince Phil’s memorial ceremony instead.

In fact, stay away from our games until I tell you that we’re definitely going to win.

I’ve CC’ed the AFL in this email so that they know I’m discouraging patronage from an industry that lost millions last year.

Go Blues,

Cain.

That is probably Cain’s inner monologue.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Adam Chatfield wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
david31 wrote:

Dear member,

Go Blues,

Cain.

I suspect it is, but he’s hardly going to say it publicly. Nor should he.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

I get your point ABNS about the CEO email but David is right there is only so much spin that one can take where we continue the lacklustre form the lack of intensity and underperformance generally from all sections of the club.
We have do much talk and spin but haven’t backed it up in years .It always next year or next week

80,000 supporters are underwhelmed by the lack of commitment by this mob and 32,000 there last night of which I was one lamented another Saturday night of underperformance -28 points flattered us

I felt for the Dad when leaving last night with a youngster who said why are we so crap always - a truer word was never spoken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
david31 wrote:

Dear member,

Go Blues,

Cain.

I suspect it is, but he’s hardly going to say it publicly. Nor should he.

I agree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

Nobody wants an improved performance more than I do Frank, but to criticise the CEO for trying to rally the supporters is ridiculous IMO. Honestly, what was he meant to do? Tell people not to go to the game?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:31 pm 
Garry Crane

Happy to Kennedy in for few weeks give him a run at it
Stocker just play him the kid can play
Betts/Levi/ Murph all finished just get rid of them
Plowman gone gets way to many goals kicked on him and a poor kick
Gibbons is a turnover king
SPS play him forward or mid if not there he should be dropped
Newnes is soft can’t tackle and a terrible kick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Just a quick question.....can you smell what the Blues are cooking?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next