Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:39 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Teague looks so unenthused all the time and it's rubbed off on the players.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:42 am 
Banned

Don't think we should nuke the team on selection table we matched them on all stats. We got slaughtered on the spread and better ball movement.

Ken Hinkley has been coaching Port for almost 10 years and hasnt won a flag. But just shows if you have stability around the footy dept can be a constant premiership threat.

We are a finals team I have no doubt about it. Need to keep improving.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:49 am 
Geoff Southby

Watched 4minutes of Teagues presser
If that’s what he thinks behind closed doors oh my god

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:28 am 
Garry Crane

Watched the presser heard the usual blah blah we are there abouts, cant wait to get in front of the crowd, every game excites me.

I really believe we need to play the cunninghams, owies stay with the kids fans can accept the losses when its a bunch of future we cant accept the retirment home being out there and the usual suspects serving the usual crap

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:14 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Watched 4minutes of Teagues presser
If that’s what he thinks behind closed doors oh my god

What do expect? Accountability?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:44 am 
Wayne Johnston

keogh wrote:
Still 17 rounds to go but ain’t looking good
I don’t get excited by beating average teams

Teague must make a statement at the selection table this week
Ramsay Owies and Stocker to come in
Murphy Betts and Kennedy out

As I have said repeatedly our recruiting and list management has been woeful under SOS
To go out and get Fogarty Williams and Saad with picks and salary cap space means the club thinks the supporting class is good enough
Austin is accountable for this but how much of a say does Teflon Judd have

The club internally is out of touch when it comes to being a success on the field
Just because your picked in the top 15in the draft doesn’t mean you automatically think that playerwill be a good player
It don’t work like that
Setterfield
Plowman
OBrien
Kennedy
Dow
SPS
Martin
McKay
All have question marks
Many given long term deals
SOS wasted so many picks on so many crap players as well
The cupboard is bare
Anyone who picks Fasolo Gorringe etc instead of a kid or a late developer in the lower leagues is clearly screwed

And this is what you get
I told you all

So what do you do
You start by dropping Betts and Murphy
You play kids who show something like the three mention

And the club actually finally accepts ithas a problem

I keep coming back to the board
These recruiting decisions are ticked off by Judd
We need the president Pratt and Mathieson all gone
The board ultimately is responsible for the clubs onfield performance

Admit that KPIs are [REDACTED] and start a rebuild now
We have screwed up
The club needs a complete makeover at the top

You want to keep Williamson in the team? You’re way off....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:49 am 
Wayne Johnston

david31 wrote:
Almost 6 years into a rebuild and we’ve got Murphy, Betts, Ed and Levi all as mainstays in the team
Says a bit about our development of youth and injury list
Not good enough
Time to see Stocker - he’s in form in the 2s and at least he’ll crack in and give a stuff

Yeah, instead of those four we should be playing Kemp, Carrol, C Curnow and TDK. Oh wait....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:52 am 
Ken Hands

The players, coaches ect need to be made sit and watch the Western Bulldogs play , there skill level by both hand and foot is first class, there two way running is first class and they are playing selfless footy . There attack on the ball and opposition is manic .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:53 am 
Ken Hunter

Keogh, once again you complain about us giving up draft picks for proven players, then in your next breath list all the top picks in our list you consider crap and how stupid we were to pick them. Well if we can't pick a talented youngster, then trading the picks for proven AFL performers is the right move, no? Or is it just that everything is crap, everything!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:54 am 
Rod Ashman

Waterman wrote:
The players, coaches ect need to be made sit and watch the Western Bulldogs play , there skill level by both hand and foot is first class, there two way running is first class and they are playing selfless footy . There attack on the ball and opposition is manic .

or teague should start doing what a coach should do

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:56 am 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
keogh wrote:
Still 17 rounds to go but ain’t looking good
I don’t get excited by beating average teams

Teague must make a statement at the selection table this week
Ramsay Owies and Stocker to come in
Murphy Betts and Kennedy out

As I have said repeatedly our recruiting and list management has been woeful under SOS
To go out and get Fogarty Williams and Saad with picks and salary cap space means the club thinks the supporting class is good enough
Austin is accountable for this but how much of a say does Teflon Judd have

The club internally is out of touch when it comes to being a success on the field
Just because your picked in the top 15in the draft doesn’t mean you automatically think that playerwill be a good player
It don’t work like that
Setterfield
Plowman
OBrien
Kennedy
Dow
SPS
Martin
McKay
All have question marks
Many given long term deals
SOS wasted so many picks on so many crap players as well
The cupboard is bare
Anyone who picks Fasolo Gorringe etc instead of a kid or a late developer in the lower leagues is clearly screwed

And this is what you get
I told you all

So what do you do
You start by dropping Betts and Murphy
You play kids who show something like the three mention

And the club actually finally accepts ithas a problem

I keep coming back to the board
These recruiting decisions are ticked off by Judd
We need the president Pratt and Mathieson all gone
The board ultimately is responsible for the clubs onfield performance

Admit that KPIs are [REDACTED] and start a rebuild now
We have screwed up
The club needs a complete makeover at the top

You want to keep Williamson in the team? You’re way off....

Agree
Honey for him
He played ok yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:00 am 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
Keogh, once again you complain about us giving up draft picks for proven players, then in your next breath list all the top picks in our list you consider crap and how stupid we were to pick them. Well if we can't pick a talented youngster, then trading the picks for proven AFL performers is the right move, no? Or is it just that everything is crap, everything!!!

Hey mate
It’s all [REDACTED]
It truly is
The club is clueless about how to be successful on field for years
It needs a complete clean out at board level
We are 6 years into a rebuild
It’s a joke and I have been calling since 2018

What Teague can at least do is make whole sale changes this week
We had 4 or 5 blokes who put their hand up yesterday

Last edited by keogh on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:03 am 
Geoff Southby

redback wrote:
Waterman wrote:

This is what I don’t understand
We haven’t played in the preliminary for 20 years
On that time we have sacked 5 coaches before their contract was up
Either too soon or wrong bloke
Doesn’t that tell you something

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:03 am 
Banned

Waterman wrote:

Bulldogs don't have any injuries to key players and hit form early in the season. The way they play footy is awesome has to be said. They are way in front of the curve in team synergy, so is Richmond, Port, West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane not far behind.

They have their best cattle on the park every week whereas we are missing 4-7 starting 22 players every week. Building team synergy with prime players out every week will just take longer to build that synergy.

We are in a tough spot right now - but need luck to get our best players on the park consistently to build synergy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:05 am 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

Bulldogs don't have any injuries to key players and hit form early in the season. The way they play footy is awesome has to be said. They are way in front of the curve in team synergy, so is Richmond, Port, West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane not far behind.

They have their best cattle on the park every week whereas we are missing 4-7 starting 22 players every week. Building team synergy with prime players out every week will just take longer to build that synergy.

We are in a tough spot right now - but need luck to get our best players on the park consistently to build synergy.

Who
Only Curnow
The rest arnt much chop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:05 am 
Banned

keogh wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

Who
Only Curnow
The rest arnt much chop

Rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:17 am 
Stephen Kernahan

azzablue wrote:
If I was Walsh and McKay managers , I would
Be ringing them today and saying to them , let
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Meanwhile his opponent has 17 possessions and 3 score involvements.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon* have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:20 am 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
keogh wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

Who
Only Curnow
The rest arnt much chop

Rubbish.

Who
DeKoning yes
Add Martin
Ha ha
He is our version of Brad Hill

Last edited by keogh on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
redback wrote:
Waterman wrote:

This is what I don’t understand
We haven’t played in the preliminary for 20 years
On that time we have sacked 5 coaches before their contract was up
Either too soon or wrong bloke
Doesn’t that tell you something

Imo the only one that was unjustly done by was Ratten.
Our senior players are pussies so they cannot change the culture of the club, they are in fact the problem of the journey.
The only one that can change that now and for the future is a strong coach who if nothing else demands one thing, commitment.
He need to drive it into their heads that its is never enough and whoever doesn't comply doesn't play, or we go again around for another 30 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:22 am 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
If I was Walsh and McKay managers , I would
Be ringing them today and saying to them , let
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Meanwhile his opponent has 17 possessions and 3 score involvements.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

What about Plowman?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next