Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:24 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
If I was Walsh and McKay managers , I would
Be ringing them today and saying to them , let
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Meanwhile his opponent has 17 possessions and 3 score involvements.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

Needs a rocket up his ass, definitely.
They are all playing like millionaires.
Bad coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:26 am 
Banned

keogh wrote:
Walsh wrote:
keogh wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:
The players, coaches ect need to be made sit and watch the Western Bulldogs play , there skill level by both hand and foot is first class, there two way running is first class and they are playing selfless footy . There attack on the ball and opposition is manic .

Bulldogs don't have any injuries to key players and hit form early in the season. The way they play footy is awesome has to be said. They are way in front of the curve in team synergy, so is Richmond, Port, West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane not far behind.

They have their best cattle on the park every week whereas we are missing 4-7 starting 22 players every week. Building team synergy with prime players out every week will just take longer to build that synergy.

We are in a tough spot right now - but need luck to get our best players on the park consistently to build synergy.

Who
Only Curnow
The rest arnt much chop

Rubbish.

Who
DeKoning yes
Add Martin
Ha ha
He is our version of Brad Hill

Adding Dekoning, Martin, Fisher, Charlie, Jack, Marchbank and possibly Newman who I rate as a footballer will help the team but need them training and playing together most games year in year out.

Teams in top four aren't much better talent wise they just play for each other due to team synergy and we are a way off it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:26 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:
The players, coaches ect need to be made sit and watch the Western Bulldogs play , there skill level by both hand and foot is first class, there two way running is first class and they are playing selfless footy . There attack on the ball and opposition is manic .

Bulldogs don't have any injuries to key players and hit form early in the season. The way they play footy is awesome has to be said. They are way in front of the curve in team synergy, so is Richmond, Port, West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane not far behind.

They have their best cattle on the park every week whereas we are missing 4-7 starting 22 players every week. Building team synergy with prime players out every week will just take longer to build that synergy.

We are in a tough spot right now - but need luck to get our best players on the park consistently to build synergy.

They’ve also recruited really well.

Imagine if we’d taken Treloar instead of Saad. We’d have a legitimate midfielder and a gun HBF in Williams.

Getting Martin from the Brions to help with English’s development has also been a smart decision

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:30 am 
Banned

DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

Imagine if we’d taken Treloar instead of Saad. We’d have a legitimate midfielder and a gun HBF in Williams.

Getting Martin from the Brions to help with English’s development has also been a smart decision

Their recruitment isnt anything special. They just have their best players on the park that train with intensity and play together every week.

We have some great one on one players at the club and Saad is one of those.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:31 am 
Rod Ashman

We are in a tough spot right now - but need luck to get our best players on the park consistently to build synergy.[/quote]
Who
Only Curnow
The rest arnt much chop[/quote]

Rubbish.[/quote]
Who
DeKoning yes
Add Martin
Ha ha
He is our version of Brad Hill[/quote]

Adding Dekoning, Martin, Fisher, Charlie, Jack, Marchbank and possibly Newman who I rate as a footballer will help the team but need them training and playing together most games year in year out.

Teams in top four aren't much better talent wise they just play for each other due to team synergy and we are a way off it.[/quote]

Problem with that is we don’t know if Charlie, Marchbank and Newman will be the same players when they/if they get back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:34 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

Their recruitment isnt anything special. They just have their best players on the park that train with intensity and play together every week.

They’ve rebuilt and won a flag. They’re recruiting has been exceptional. How many list cloggers have they picked up in the last 5 years?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:38 am 
Banned

Maybe Charlie, Marchy and Newman will never be back to their best and maybe they will. Charlie and Marchy are still young missed alot of football and stifled their development but have natural elite talent to make up for it when they get their bodies right

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:41 am 
Banned

DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

They’ve rebuilt and won a flag. They’re recruiting has been exceptional. How many list cloggers have they picked up in the last 5 years?

Nothing out of the ordinary what makes them stand out is their core 15 players play every week and train together with intensity every week. They can then carry players here and there and add some top talent along the way like Bailey Smith. They have synergy they can do it, we don't.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:57 am 
Craig Bradley

A couple of points I do think our injury list has reached a tipping point and is now affecting performances in terms of talent available but also being able to replace underperforming players in the team

Having said that last night very underwhelming and Port out worked us had much better skills played the percentages and spread much better

They are a really good side however with the talent at our disposal we should have done better

Skill errors players doing too much and then too little no cohesion dreadful disposal all round the ground
Kicking for goal
Third loss at G this year and let 32.000 fans down and it’s not the first time
I started a post a few weeks ago when will this team stand up an opportunity to do that last night didn’t take the opportunity and it is not the first time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:09 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
Maybe Charlie, Marchy and Newman will never be back to their best and maybe they will. Charlie and Marchy are still young missed alot of football and stifled their development but have natural elite talent to make up for it when they get their bodies right

I hope you’re right and they come back better than they were. I just worry that the amount of football and nature of their injuries that we might be chasing rainbows

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:21 am 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

Yes...Cripps is either deliberately selfish or naievely selfish. Has no fkn idea about empowering others, trusting others or just something as simple as playing to his strengths
And...IMHO, I believe some our second tier mids have suffered under the Cripps spotlight...Walsh is an exception.
And...he has been playing injured the last 15 months...any chance he could put his hand up and say, "coach, I need a week or two rest...let's see Setters, Dow et al step up, it will be good for their development"
There's such a messiah complex about him its not funny!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:28 am 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
Waterman wrote:

or teague should start doing what a coach should do

Have you seen seen the coaching staff around Teague ??

We would have the worse coaching group in the league

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:30 am 
Robert Walls

frank dardew wrote:
A couple of points I do think our injury list has reached a tipping point and is now affecting performances in terms of talent available but also being able to replace underperforming players in the team

Having said that last night very underwhelming and Port out worked us had much better skills played the percentages and spread much better

They are a really good side however with the talent at our disposal we should have done better

Skill errors players doing too much and then too little no cohesion dreadful disposal all round the ground
Kicking for goal
Third loss at G this year and let 32.000 fans down and it’s not the first time
I started a post a few weeks ago when will this team stand up an opportunity to do that last night didn’t take the opportunity and it is not the first time

One thing that doesn't change Frank is that it's 18 v 18 on the field. How many times did I see 5 PA players to 1-3 Car players (right across the flowering ground!!!)
We are such a static team its not funny. Amazes me how opp sides have numbers at the ball EVERYWHERE...and find space EVERYWHERE...we always kick to someone with at least one opp player on their tail or we handball to someone with an opp player right next to them
I dont give a fk about skill level differences but I do give a fk about ferocity, intent, harassing the opposition, tackling (what a joke!!!), hard 2-way running, spoiling, shepherding, spread, swarming etc etc etc
I will live with the skill errors and execution errors if I see some of these non-negotiables

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Waterman wrote:

I think its as simple as this.

Watch it over and over, because doing the same training over and over doesn't improve our confidence, enthusiasm, and skills.

We don't run to the right places to accept the short or long give off.

Kennedy is so off the pace, and his disposal by foot and hand. I don't want to hear about him again.

Williamson is a headless chook out there. Totally one sided. I thought he was the 3rd quickest at TAC level....against who? I don't want to see him again.

Murphy 7 kicks 8 handballs = 15 possessions at 47% efficiency = 7 disposals. Serious? And anyone thinks this guy deserves to be given 10 more free games to get him to 300?

Betts marks the ball 35 metres out in front. with the new rules, he can kick it from 35 but doubts he can make the distance? After 15 minutes of play. WTF are you doing in the forwardline.

Crippa and Harry have their hand out for $1M... Cripps a Selfish player, and Harry is Flakey, but he's only 19yo :wink: hence why he's an autumn leaf. Docherty ? What's up with him?

Make Walsh captain. Yesterday.

Spewin the cupboard is bare. Only Stocker and Owies there. Ramsay was quiet yesterday. Philp only given limited minutes. Owies faded in the 2nd half too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:38 am 
Geoff Southby

Why didn't they ask for a head count ? from where i was sitting' i would swear they had a couple of extra's.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:38 am 
Robert Walls

azzablue wrote:
redback wrote:
Waterman wrote:

or teague should start doing what a coach should do

Have you seen seen the coaching staff around Teague ??

We would have the worse coaching group in the league

Teague is still the senior coach. He can still set the standards, insist on non-negotiables and then apply (as far as practicable) sanctions on players who don't toe the line

I understand Willo came in for Parks FFS, show some creativity and bring in Stocker, shuffle some players around and you'll still get the matchups
And don't get me started on Betts. Murphy, SPS and McG over the last 15 months

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

They have their best cattle on the park every week whereas we are missing 4-7 starting 22 players every week. DeKoning, Charlie, Silvagni, Fisher, Martin, Newman, Marchbank Building team synergy with prime players out every week will just take longer to build that synergy.

We have 11 medium to long term injuries. & of those would be best 22.

Carroll was looking the goods.

.... they are replaced by Pittonet, Levi, Williamson, Kennedy, Murphy, Betts, McGovern, Gibbons, Cottrell.....

Pitto was OK, but not DeKoning. Levi was Ok compared to many others. Newnes was average. Gibbons went missing after first. ...

There must be something there though given we lost by less than 5 goals. Point is we are carrying plenty of passengers with all these injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:

If we could get 2 Top 10 picks for both and shop those picks for top class draftees and honest players, we are ahead.

Harry is a statue when the ball hits the ground. No fail.

Crippa is the most selfish captain in the AFL. Doesn't care to bring players into the game, let alone give off the ball to players in a better position.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 am 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Waterman wrote:

They have their best cattle on the park every week whereas we are missing 4-7 starting 22 players every week. DeKoning, Charlie, Silvagni, Fisher, Martin, Newman, Marchbank Building team synergy with prime players out every week will just take longer to build that synergy.

We have 11 medium to long term injuries. & of those would be best 22.

Carroll was looking the goods.

.... they are replaced by Pittonet, Levi, Williamson, Kennedy, Murphy, Betts, McGovern, Gibbons, Cottrell.....

Pitto was OK, but not DeKoning. Levi was Ok compared to many others. Newnes was average. Gibbons went missing after first. ...

There must be something there though given we lost by less than 5 goals. Point is we are carrying plenty of passengers with all these injuries.

Yep the chop changing encourages haphazard displays against the top teams. I still think if Brisbane are not at their best they will get rolled - another that have their best players on the park every week.

To beat the top teams we need our best players on the park and play together for at least 10 weeks. Untill then just like Sydney yesterday take two of your best players out of the team Rampe and Heeny and get rolled. Sydney for example is a team that can't afford having 2 of their best players out... we have 5-7 every single bloody week. Until this changes we will be a 6-12 team on the ladder type team.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

I wasn't expecting to win but still came away deflated by the performance. We just looked stale. Senior players Murphy Doc Cripps had off nights, & Betts did a couple of good things but was not much better. We badly need to freshen the side up with some young legs for Brisbane...Stocker & one other hopefully.

Kennedy I was happy to have back in the side but on the night just a bit meh, & slow. Noticed Teague had him on a wing at one stage :?

Cas had his moments but still missed an easy shot in the opening minutes that just set the scene. I am so sick of the way we always do that at the start of games.

A bit of credit to Port - that was a totally professional win by them. They've got good smalls, they spread well, they never miss a fkn shot at goal, & they've got Dixon as a focal point. To me at this stage they are the side to stop the Tiges 3-peat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next