Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:51 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 11420
Got home this afternoon after spending 4 days on the sunny Gold Coast.
Terrible game but the conditions were tough. It was a hot day on Saturday and it was still warm and humid that night.
The Carlton supporters turned up in good numbers and made a lot of noise.
I went for a walk on Sunday morning along the beach to get a coffee and the team were there going for a swim.
I was a bit awestruck. They were so obliging giving autographs and posing for photos, (not with me, I left them alone).
The weather was perfect and I had a lovely time and seeing a win was a bonus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:13 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 4354
kezza wrote:
Got home this afternoon after spending 4 days on the sunny Gold Coast.
Terrible game but the conditions were tough. It was a hot day on Saturday and it was still warm and humid that night.
The Carlton supporters turned up in good numbers and made a lot of noise.
I went for a walk on Sunday morning along the beach to get a coffee and the team were there going for a swim.
I was a bit awestruck. They were so obliging giving autographs and posing for photos, (not with me, I left them alone).
The weather was perfect and I had a lovely time and seeing a win was a bonus.

Glad you had a good trip Kezza! :thumbsup:

_________________
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:45 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 27447
Location: Half back flank
Nice one! Was there a TC catch up at the game?

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:37 pm
Posts: 16697
Location: afl.virtualsports.com.au
Votes
Player (Club)
6 Sam Docherty (CARL)
5 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
5 Ed Curnow (CARL)
4 Liam Jones (CARL)
4 Hugh Greenwood (GCFC)
3 Jack Bowes (GCFC)
2 Touk Miller (GCFC)
1 Samuel Walsh (CARL)

_________________
"You are being watched. The government has a secret system. A machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it." - Finch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:30 pm 
Offline
John James

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Posts: 696
Good on you kezza :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 27646
Location: riding shotgun on Agros Karma Train
CK95 wrote:
Nice one! Was there a TC catch up at the game?
Should have been.

I also had a great weekend. Will become a family tradition.

Probably the third time my son who is ten seemed to be committed to Carlton.

Walking to the bus through broadbeach plenty of Carlton supporters almost marching together. He felt like he belonged.

Felt like a home game, more than many Melbourne ones.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

_________________
Between our dreams and actions lies this world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:12 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4109
kingkerna wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Nice one! Was there a TC catch up at the game?
Should have been.

I also had a great weekend. Will become a family tradition.

Probably the third time my son who is ten seemed to be committed to Carlton.

Walking to the bus through broadbeach plenty of Carlton supporters almost marching together. He felt like he belonged.

Felt like a home game, more than many Melbourne ones.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it KK...
I've been to a tonne of games and never seen a win!
Ironically, had booked the family trip to Perth for the Freo game last year...... before it all turned to sh!t....
Had things worked the way that game worked out.... it would have made up for all the interstate disappointments


Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 11420
kingkerna wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Nice one! Was there a TC catch up at the game?
Should have been.

I also had a great weekend. Will become a family tradition.

Probably the third time my son who is ten seemed to be committed to Carlton.

Walking to the bus through broadbeach plenty of Carlton supporters almost marching together. He felt like he belonged.

Felt like a home game, more than many Melbourne ones.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Glad you got to see the win.
It did feel like a home game for us.
On the bus coming home we had only a handful of Suns supporters on it. The bus broke out into our club song.
You are right there were many Carlton supporters around, good to see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:52 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15346
Location: Bondi Beach
kezza wrote:
Got home this afternoon after spending 4 days on the sunny Gold Coast.
Terrible game but the conditions were tough. It was a hot day on Saturday and it was still warm and humid that night.
The Carlton supporters turned up in good numbers and made a lot of noise.
I went for a walk on Sunday morning along the beach to get a coffee and the team were there going for a swim.
I was a bit awestruck. They were so obliging giving autographs and posing for photos, (not with me, I left them alone).
The weather was perfect and I had a lovely time and seeing a win was a bonus.



Great to read. Onya kezza.

Gold Coast was always been full of Carlton supporters since the 80's; Home game. :thumbsup:

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DesEnglish, Google [Bot], Hamster, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group