Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
It is a brilliant article - but our Board are in denial - and Mark Logudice’s eagerness for a smooth handover to someone who’s been on the Board for 8 years (no matter what his professional credentials are - and I acknowledge that they are impressive) - is not the way to go to get some meaningful change in our current malaise of mediocrity.

You're mixing off field with on field success Agro.

To win a Grand Final, all the ducks need to be in place.

I believe the off field stuff is in order and will get better.

I've learned a lot about our shortfalls after 6 rounds, and the people running the club would know more on what's needed.

Its up to them....or the ex Carlton high flying Corporate to fix the on field stuff.

Sounds a bit like the coup to overthrow the Richmond during the preseason in the year they won a Premiership.
It all looks worse when the team isn't winning on the field.

Our Board don’t have a clue about “on-field” - a good board should be able to govern over both “on-field” and “off-field”.

The Richmond coup were nuffies - our former Premiership Captain won’t be surrounded by nuffies.

:wink:

I ask you Agro, not keogh, do you think Judd is a nuffie?

I was referring to the Richmond ticket that wanted to take on their incumbent board being nuffies - and that if our former Premiership Captain won’t surround himself with nuffies if he challenges.

Judd’s not a nuffie - but whether he’s the best Football Director for us at this time remains to be seen.

Winston Churchill

Message to “you know who you are” - my name is not Chris or Carrot and I’ve been happily married for 31 years and still going strong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
It is a brilliant article - but our Board are in denial - and Mark Logudice’s eagerness for a smooth handover to someone who’s been on the Board for 8 years (no matter what his professional credentials are - and I acknowledge that they are impressive) - is not the way to go to get some meaningful change in our current malaise of mediocrity.

You're mixing off field with on field success Agro.

To win a Grand Final, all the ducks need to be in place.

I believe the off field stuff is in order and will get better.

I've learned a lot about our shortfalls after 6 rounds, and the people running the club would know more on what's needed.

Its up to them....or the ex Carlton high flying Corporate to fix the on field stuff.

Sounds a bit like the coup to overthrow the Richmond during the preseason in the year they won a Premiership.
It all looks worse when the team isn't winning on the field.

Our Board don’t have a clue about “on-field” - a good board should be able to govern over both “on-field” and “off-field”.

The Richmond coup were nuffies - our former Premiership Captain won’t be surrounded by nuffies.

:wink:

I ask you Agro, not keogh, do you think Judd is a nuffie?

I was referring to the Richmond ticket that wanted to take on their incumbent board being nuffies - and that if our former Premiership Captain won’t surround himself with nuffies if he challenges.

Judd’s not a nuffie - but whether he’s the best Football Director for us at this time remains to be seen.

Hey, that's a nice diplomatic response Agro.

I'm with you.

We wont know till many years after he leaves....unless ...sneaky leakers.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:40 am 
Craig Bradley

Didnt again Sunday -recurring theme
Another quarter being the last didn’t turn up in holiday mode
Well at least it was different they usually don’t turn up in the 2nd quarter

You could smell the fear before three quarter time when Dogs kicked the last 2
Another wasted Sunday
Should have left at three quarter time like they did

If coach can’t get them to stand up pretty shortly he will cop it

Another 15 rounds where we can speculate who we might get in the draft or trade period goodie and then get to next season and IT IS NO DIFFERENT

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 am 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:

Another wasted Sunday

Another 15 rounds where we can speculate who we might get in the draft or trade period goodie and then get to next season and IT IS NO DIFFERENT

Feel your pain, Frank.

Leadership is the problem, question is which bit do you fix first to get most immediate results.

Coach, assistants and one of the captains (a problem in itself in my mind) all need to be grabbed by the collar and ruffed up.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:10 pm 
Bert Deacon

frank dardew wrote:

Another wasted Sunday

It was exactly like the freo game a month ago and only difference was that were up by 10 goals at the time , when we switched off late in the 3rd qtr and no one noticed cause we won by 6 goals and we were
Just happy to win that day

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

azzablue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Another wasted Sunday

It was exactly like the freo game a month ago and only difference was that were up by 10 goals at the time , when we switched off late in the 3rd qtr and no one noticed cause we won by 6 goals and we were
Just happy to win that day

So true.

I can't help but think its a combo of mental and physical fitness.

Then, following todays RSN interview Doc shed light on the fact we were losing it at the stoppages and played very slow, too slow which stopped us from getting the ball quickly into our forwardline and locking it in.

Tactical question marks
Leadership to read the signs and act lacking

Physical stamina
Mental strength

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8