Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:30 am 
Bob Chitty

Just had a look at Levi v Oscar stats...
Levi no practice games, underdone; Oscar only half a game.
Stats very similar. Levi a better 2nd ruck, brings more body contact and contested marking.
Let's see a bit more of what Oscar offers: I think he's the replacement for JSoS not for Levi.
I think on TC there's a bit of valuing the new and unknown more highly than the familiar (and often derided). Oscar a good sub option because he can play a number of roles. Kennedy might have been a good option as sub for similar reasons.
Pending other availabilities, I'd definitely keep Levi and have Oscar in got JSoS (if unavaliable).
Levi will be better for the run.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:36 am 
Ken Hunter

BigGartos wrote:
Stats very similar. Levi a better 2nd ruck, brings more body contact and contested marking.
Let's see a bit more of what Oscar offers: I think he's the replacement for JSoS not for Levi.
I think on TC there's a bit of valuing the new and unknown more highly than the familiar (and often derided). Oscar a good sub option because he can play a number of roles. Kennedy might have been a good option as sub for similar reasons.
Pending other availabilities, I'd definitely keep Levi and have Oscar in got JSoS (if unavaliable).

:clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

redback wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Another season-defining-must-win-line-in-the-sand-game. :smoking:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not CFC but it's time to make a stand. I was't upset that we lost the game but more with the defensive efforts and commitment of physicality that we gave. We were pushed and smacked and all we gave back were smirks. What a bunch of skirts. Vlaustin, Pickett, Astbury just to mention even though i could go through most of their team, wtf. Fight back you bunch of wimps. I have never been so discussed to be a Carlton supporter. The sad thing was we knew it was going to happen and did nothing about it and that mean our pussy attitude starts with our !@#$% coaches. We will win a few games but without that prick mentality we will not achieve much. All the great team have it, we don't. Get it or perish for another 30 years.

I was taking the pi55. :smoking:
I am cautiously confident that we can win.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigGartos wrote:

Great post Big Al.

I think Levi needed a run and was obviously thrown to the wolves and underdone.
He was a liability at times, but the big lug, we know, will clunk them sooner than later.

Levi and Pitto to work over Grundy. Grind into him. Crash, cork, knee and squash him when he hits the turf.

Oscar replaces Jack.

I'd love to see Oscar nullifying Moore's influence. Make Moore accountable and stop his aerial dominance. Yep, a defensive-offensive role for a KPF.

Harry and Levi will do damage with Howe and Roughead taking them on.

Howe and Moore stopped a lot of the attacks from Doggies with their good marking.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Good to see the Willo bashing has continued on from 2020

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Williamson often crops up as an out and I just don't see it. I like his willingness to take the game on, he has the spark that we have lacked for years.

He's the sort of bloke that should be playing, getting continuity and making us stronger.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

He need to find a right foot if he’s to have a long career.

Like Kade Simpson yeah?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
Williamson often crops up as an out and I just don't see it. I like his willingness to take the game on, he has the spark that we have lacked for years.

He's the sort of bloke that should be playing, getting continuity and making us stronger.

But he has to show improvement too. He has to know his limitations too.

He can't be making the same mistake every week.

He is a one sided player and the opposition know it. He gets caught taking on the game, when he shouldn't.

Youve got to "know when to hold them, know when to fold them".

I don't think we have a replacement for him as the 7th defender (ditto SPS) whilst Marchbank and Newman are on our list but out injured for long periods.

Williamson better improve, because if Carlton cuts its losses with Marchbank and Newman in a year or two, because of injury, they will be replaced by a good defender or two. We got a couple nice ones in the last 2 years in Martin (played HB at Suns) and AA squad players Saad and williams. Hey Kemp has to play somewhere too.

For now, Willo is safe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
7. Fisher...was a terrible game and Bettsy would be better, but I know he can fix up problem with composure.

Fisher, really?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

Not sure I saw it that way fisher in my view was better than quite a few others Willo OBrien Setterfield Casboult Jones Pitto just to name a few

Love Eddie but not convinced he is as good at pressure acts in the forward line as fisher not as quick as fisher and hasn’t had anything like the pre season fisher has given he keeps doing his calf
Eddie of 2021 isn’t in my view a better player than Fisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:58 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

He need to find a right foot if he’s to have a long career.

Like Kade Simpson yeah?

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
7. Fisher...was a terrible game and Bettsy would be better, but I know he can fix up problem with composure.

Fisher, really?

A bit harsh. Right of you to question.

I must have been annoyed at the loss, maybe.

Right now, my Carlton conundrum is Murphy.
IMO his attributes to the team don't outweigh his deficiencies.

I want to get him to 300.
Next week I'd rather have Betts in the team for his 2 way running and forward pressure he brings.
Then a few ganes as the 23rd player where that goes towards his 300 milestone.

I will leave that one to the MC.

Williams and Martin for Silvagni and OBrien improves us.
Wish Jack gets back soon. He's a beauty. Bleeds Blue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

..if we play like we did against Richmond, we'll win.... ..we'll win against most teams actually....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:13 am 
Craig Bradley

Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
..if we play like we did against Richmond, we'll win.... ..we'll win against most teams actually....

Not if we continue to concede 75 inside 50's...

I expect us to fix that this week and have a comfortable win

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Fisher, really?

Next week I'd rather have Betts in the team for his 2 way running and forward pressure he brings.

Murphy is done imo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Fan of Cottrell. Gives the mongrel other posters talk about.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:30 pm 
John James

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Fisher, really?

Murphy is done imo

Sad but true on what we have seen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:38 am 
Serge Silvagni

bondiblue wrote:
WE have to do something about red time goals.

9 Richmond goals kicked in red time.

oh yeah, we kicked 1.

Not fit enough to run out quarters?
Umpires have too much influence?

We have to work out if we have more legs than our opponents on a week to week basis, and against The Pies, if they look to be running well towards then end of quareters then we should be playing keepings off and killing the clock.

Very astute observation. It has been happening for years. We are pathetic at closing down in the final minute or two of a quarter. Whenever the opposition gets the ball in the last few seconds I think "here we go again" and then it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:03 am 
Serge Silvagni

bluechampion wrote:
CK95 wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
OUT: Williamson, Silvagni
IN: Williams, Betts

You'd retain O'Brien?

Yes. For philosophical reasons I would. I'd give him 4 weeks to settle into the team and if, after an extended run, he's made no improvement or doesn't look more comfortable at the level... I'd basically be done with him.

No time to be philosophical. He is a spud who was on the trade table last year and no one was interested. Can't understand how he even got a game. There are better players kicking down the door. We made a huge investment in Stocker, so time to give him a few games rather than wasting 4 weeks on O'Brien.
There seems to be an obsession within our club that we have to justify our high draft picks (O'Brien / Dow) to prove that we got it right, when it is better to say, "sorry - we stuffed it up" and move on. We have recruited some good kids in the last two drafts. Time to give some of them a go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Asp wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
CK95 wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
OUT: Williamson, Silvagni
IN: Williams, Betts

You'd retain O'Brien?

Yes. For philosophical reasons I would. I'd give him 4 weeks to settle into the team and if, after an extended run, he's made no improvement or doesn't look more comfortable at the level... I'd basically be done with him.

No time to be philosophical. He is a spud who was on the trade table last year and no one was interested. Can't understand how he even got a game. There are better players kicking down the door. We made a huge investment in Stocker, so time to give him a few games rather than wasting 4 weeks on O'Brien.
There seems to be an obsession within our club that we have to justify our high draft picks (O'Brien / Dow) to prove that we got it right, when it is better to say, "sorry - we stuffed it up" and move on. We have recruited some good kids in the last two drafts. Time to give some of them a go.

Conundrum.

Play Stocker ahead of LOB seems more obvious now, if it wasn't before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:55 am 
Harry Vallence

Seven years into our rebuild and I have yet to be convinced

No doubt we have been competitive since Bolton’s demise but that winning culture has yet to arrive

If we are to seriously start climbing the ladder then we need start stringing a few wins together and winning comfortably against lowly teams

This week is an opportunity to start proving me wrong

Excuses which is a hallmark of this club have run out

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next