Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

david31 wrote:
Martin a massive loss.
We’re also playing a few underdone (Levi and H) and underexposed during the pre season (Gibbons and LOB).
Not sure if Cunners is just omitted or injured as he’s not an emergency.
Most underrated part of Richmond’s success is their ability to get players out on the park week in, week out. The only player of note out is Houli for them. We’ve got Martin, Charlie, Williams, TDK, Marchbank, Newman, Gov etc all out. Appreciate they wouldn’t all necessarily play and Williams out is his own doing. However, need to fix up the injury situation - it’s been shocking for too long as Frank said in another thread

I just don't get how the Tigers can almost have a full list to select from every year for the first game and we have at least 6 of our top 22 out?????

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:08 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/880799/blues-land-tripadeal

Looks like Virgin sponsorship of Carlton has ceased.

Geez they're good sports after we continued to promote their brand when they were put on hold and sold.

Welcome aboard Tripadeal ... pretty Trippy stuff

Cheap, tacky and sooooo local

More suited to the reserves...I heard yesterday that VA had continued with AFL, GCS and Blues sponsorship

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

The side isn’t that depleted, only best 22 locks we would of been expecting for r1 not playing are Martin and Williams.

Charlie and Marchbank are luxuries at this point, neither have played for 2 years.

TDK is still a work in progress.

Gov has been terrible 90% of the time for us.

Those 2 outs are big, but we should see if some others are ready to step up, namely Dow and LOB.

See also if McKay? Setterfield, Fisher and SPS can step things up a level as well.

Injury list just looks worse compared to Richmond who are only missing Houli.

Last edited by Adam Chatfield on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:09 pm 
Laurie Kerr

My guess is Oscar macdonald as the sub as insurance for H and Levi.

Kennedy also a wild card for his versatility - a midfielder who arguably plays better football as a leading forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

I expect Mcdonald to play and Kennedy to be the sub

....and a big panic inducing loss

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

peabody wrote:
My guess is Oscar macdonald as the sub as insurance for H and Levi.

Kennedy also a wild card for his versatility - a midfielder who arguably plays better football as a leading forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d guess so as well.

I remember when it was the sub previously who could come on anytime that you always wanted a running player, but it was different with no interchange caps then as well.

Will be interesting to see how sides play it this year with the type of player who will be 23rd man. I’m guessing a like for like replacement of the player in the 22 under an injury cloud.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
bluedog wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Geez they're good sports after we continued to promote their brand when they were put on hold and sold.

I don't like the look of their logo/name at the top of the jumper.

At all.

It doesn't look like a logo at all.

It is word form insinuating we are Trippers from Byron Shire....maybe Nimben.
Get onboard in that case!!

I'm not sure about Virgin leaving us...

The CFC logo has been replaced with 'TripADeal'.

Virgin's logo will still be below the player's number.

Check it here...

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/881014/press-conference-teague-previews-season-opener?videoId=881014&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1615947053001

Couldn't see it anywhere...might have had a couple too many tho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm excited footy is back properly (well...with some kind of crowd) but not that excited about our game, if that makes sense.

kezza wrote:
I was stunned there were tickets left after the club members had their chance to buy tickets.
Maybe many thought the wouldn't get a ticket so didn't bother trying.

The only tickets that seemed to be available for CFC members were terrible, I know a lot of people who didn't bother.

Last edited by missnaut on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Adam Chatfield wrote:
The side isn’t that depleted, only best 22 locks we would of been expecting for r1 not playing are Martin and Williams.

Charlie and Marchbank are luxuries at this point, neither have played for 2 years.

TDK is still a work in progress.

Gov has been terrible 90% of the time for us.

Those 2 outs are big, but we should see if some others are ready to step up, namely Dow and LOB.

See also if McKay? Setterfield, Fisher and SPS can step things up a level as well.

Injury list just looks worse compared to Richmond who are only missing Houli.

I like this post.

Says it all.

I'll add OBrien.
I had an inkling whern I picked the team last week that OBrien showed signs and at the MCG he's a chance with the rotations limited, the 6-6-6 rule, and the standing on the mark rule would require running beasts, abd LOB is one. No right peg, no physical game, hence on the periphery. He gets a chance tomorrow to stamp his name on the team and club. Here it is big fella...don't get both feet off the ground; that's all.

Its a really good best 22 available.

Think of the outs injured, including the Betts, Cuningham's, Durdin, Stocker and Honey as the cream, to add strength and class to this team.

Its 18 v 18 on the field.

I expect them to go out there believing they can win.
Ive played enough footy to know that the wins you feel you have to win, against the odds, are the ones you CAN win, because you know how.

If Teague can move their belief in the winners space, we have a rrived. If we get close and lose a close one, the footy world knows we are close and should look forward to the rest of the season.

I truly believe, even with those missing.

Carlton by 13 points.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:49 pm 
John Nicholls

Martin is a gun but looked out of focus against the Saints, so this might be a blessing. Make him earn it.

Fogarty will always give his best and he's a great size. Play his role and it's all we can ask for.

Is it true Houli isn't playing? Very good in that case. He always cuts us up, particularly in red time. Hopefully Saad can give them a bit of that medicine - we've not really been too quick on the counter-attack against these guys so it's about time we can land a few body blows there and make them expand their forward press a little.

Williams is a big loss, unfortunately, and we all understand that.

Last edited by robertbb on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
I'm excited footy is back properly (well...with some kind of crowd) but not that excited about our game, if that makes sense.

kezza wrote:
I was stunned there were tickets left after the club members had their chance to buy tickets.
Maybe many thought the wouldn't get a ticket so didn't bother trying.

The only tickets that seemed to be available for CFC members were terrible, I know a lot of people who didn't bother.

That's really sad.

AFL and Corporates should have made way for the rusted on H & A members from both teams.
We've done the Tigers enough favour giving them 2 home games in a row.

Go Blues. Loud and Proud at the G.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Martin is a gun but looked out of focus against the Saints, so this might be a blessing. Make him earn it.

Fogarty will always give his best and he's a great size. Play his role and it's all we can ask for.

Is it true Houli isn't playing? Very good in that case. He always cuts us up, particularly in red time. Hopefully Saad can give them a bit of that medicine.

Williams is a big loss, unfortunately.

so you're saying we can win too...come on rob :wink: ... only if you believe it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:55 pm 
John Nicholls

bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Is it true Houli isn't playing? Very good in that case. He always cuts us up, particularly in red time. Hopefully Saad can give them a bit of that medicine.

so you're saying we can win too...come on rob :wink: ... only if you believe it.

If we win this I'll straight up wear a Biden t-shirt to the next TC meetup :lol:

If we get into a free flowing shoot-out we'll get pumped. If we try and lock things up and play slow, methodical football we'll get pumped by a bit less. If we get a bit of a jump we'll get pumped by even less than that.

But make no mistake, we'll need some lube.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
bluedog wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
bluedog wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

I don't like the look of their logo/name at the top of the jumper.

At all.

It doesn't look like a logo at all.

It is word form insinuating we are Trippers from Byron Shire....maybe Nimben.
Get onboard in that case!!

I'm not sure about Virgin leaving us...

The CFC logo has been replaced with 'TripADeal'.

Virgin's logo will still be below the player's number.

Check it here...

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/881014/press-conference-teague-previews-season-opener?videoId=881014&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1615947053001

Couldn't see it anywhere...might have had a couple too many tho

Re the jumper, 8 seconds in...but only for a split second.

Also, look at Teague's shirt.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:

If we win this I'll straight up wear a Biden t-shirt to the next TC meetup :lol:

If we get into a free flowing shoot-out we'll get pumped. If we try and lock things up and play slow, methodical football we'll get pumped by a bit less. If we get a bit of a jump we'll get pumped by even less than that.

But make no mistake, we'll need some lube.

I mean we could get smashed, but we have only copped 1 heavy defeat in Teague's time, and that was R23 2019. We have a fair bit of experience out there, and the younger guys aren't as raw as they once were.

I think we can run them close, but I do think to win we needed to have all hands on deck (meaning both Williams and Martin), I will predict Richmond by 21 points.

Casboult underdone and McKay under an injury cloud a concern for us too.

Overall point is if we are hoping our improvement this year will come from guys like Charlie, Marchbank, Gov, Betts etc we aren't going anywhere.

JSOS for Gov is already an improvement on last years side, Saad is playing too.

Would be nice if TDK was available, but he can't be considered a best 22(23) lock just yet.

Be nice to get a look at Kemp sooner rather than later as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Appreciate we have a few outs but that forward line is ordinary

Still cannot see us kicking big scores this year

Hopefully I am proven wrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes for goodness sake any danger in any year of actually getting close to our best team on the park
Hope we do well but hard to see this team beating Richmond
Injury management has been ordinary for at least 20 years

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Also really disappointing Marchbank Charlie never play -lots of unfulfilled talent Newman rarely plays
TDK rarely plays McGovern rarely fit always injured
H rarely fit for a whole season
Need to tidy this up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Can’t see much progress in that line up.

I’m tipping we’re six goals down at 1/4 time & lose by five.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but they're unfurling their last two premiership flags tomorrow night.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next