Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

Today watch the news I saw something that wanted me to give up on this club
Whilst the coach whose playing days were highlighted by pure 100 % courage and eyes for the contest Who is about to get the knife in the back by a pardon the pun a spineless board who won’t let it’s own supporters look at a EXTERNAL review on the failings of a club there they all our wearing 300 tshirts for Murph the Smurf

They simply don’t get it
Happy to take the money kick the footy around a bit

Don’t get me wrong
Murphy has been a very good player for this club
But the tee shirt should say
“ Should have stop at 260”

The only reason I support Carlton is a can’t imagine supporting for another club
But that news footage made me want to throw up

The players have simply no idea of reality watching that tonight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 pm 
Robert Walls

@#$%&! you're a miserable flower.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
Whilst the coach whose playing days were highlighted by pure 100 % courage and eyes for the contest Who is about to get the knife in the back by a pardon the pun a spineless board who won’t let it’s own supporters look at a EXTERNAL review on the failings of a club there they all our wearing 300 tshirts for Murph the Smurf

They simply don’t get it

Don’t get me wrong

The only reason I support Carlton is a can’t imagine supporting for another club

Are you a member?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:

They simply don’t get it

Don’t get me wrong

Are you a member?

Straight question or euphemism?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:39 am 
Geoff Southby

No not a member
Live in Busselton WA so can’t go to many games but also my personal view is members are treated badly by the club
On one hand the club promotes membership by advertising it as part of being one strength in numbers and sharing the journey
Yet the club won’t allow supporters to attend most training sessions lie about players injuries or worse still keep supporters in the dark completely about what is wrong with it.
It smacks of hypocrisy.
Times have changed.

Part of it is me getting old . I am 58 pretty much retired. I just don’t get the shit I see on the tube sometimes not just Carlton .

I mean you got a club in crisis
A coach who will be sacked which is partly due to the players performances and really they should be ashamed of themselves
And it’s all smiles with 300 tee shirts
Murphy been handed this on a platter being the medical sub. He can thank the AFL bringing it in so he could get to 300
And it’s meant to be a team sport

Watching it I just thought it was wrong
Bolton and Teague
Whose next
Players get too much money
Too much time on their hands
It’s not like it used to be

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:42 am 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:

They simply don’t get it

Don’t get me wrong

Are you a member?

Neither
I just don’t get it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

A new coach will come in
He will bring the staff in he wants
Let’s hope he sees that the club has [REDACTED] up the recruiting

Martin
McGovern
Williams
Setterfield
Disasters
Our midfield is full of flashy mids who are not hard enough

Hopefully the new coach realizes this
Go to draft and pick good kids
Do it for 3 years
Get it right and we will be up there but don’t waste a good pick on Cerra
That’s not what this club needs

Hopefully
Kemp
Philp
Ramsay
Owies
Carroll
Durdin and others come on
There is hope
Weitering McKay Walsh Cripps
But the club must accept they have ducked the recruiting

Recruit well for 2 to 3 years and we can be back up there
On top of that bring some experienced guys from the WAFL SANFL
VFL
Rookie
Jack Ramsay 26
East Perth
Luke Parklington 25 Glenelg
Will help with hardness around the ball

This year more than any other has shown we have got it wrong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Contrary to some who think the Draft is the be all to end all, I was thinking who we could have gone for instead of going to the Draft, to have a big bodied mid who can also go forward and help Cripps.

Cripps hit his straps in 2018, where he had more disposals than his MVP year in 2019.

Jake Stringer cost Dodoro picks 25 and 30.

Would've been great to have Jake Stringer instead of pick 10 OBrien.

List management. Pffft.

SOS didn't learn from the Dees. You can't skin the list to the bone, and expect the kids to flourish against seasoned bodies.

I totally understand and agree with SOS bringing in stronger bodies that didn't cost much. They didn't cost much for good reason. The idea was good but the execution arrogant and negligent.

SOS is gone, and now we have Austin. The same Austin who blinked and gave Pick 8 for Saad when he didn't have to. Would Dodoro have given pick 8? Exactly.

Amateur hour in a ruthless cut throat industry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:00 am 
Rod Ashman

Hindsight is always wonderful. I didn't want Stringer then and I still don't. He is not a midfielder so couldn't help Cripps and certainly has no defensive side.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
A new coach will come in
He will bring the staff in he wants
Let’s hope he sees that the club has [REDACTED] up the recruiting

Martin
McGovern
Williams
Setterfield
Disasters
Our midfield is full of flashy mids who are not hard enough

Hopefully the new coach realizes this
Go to draft and pick good kids
Do it for 3 years
Get it right and we will be up there but don’t waste a good pick on Cerra
That’s not what this club needs

Hopefully
Kemp
Philp
Ramsay
Owies
Carroll
Durdin and others come on
There is hope
Weitering McKay Walsh Cripps
But the club must accept they have ducked the recruiting

Recruit well for 2 to 3 years and we can be back up there
On top of that bring some experienced guys from the WAFL SANFL
VFL
Rookie
Jack Ramsay 26
East Perth
Luke Parklington 25 Glenelg
Will help with hardness around the ball

This year more than any other has shown we have got it wrong

I understand your thinking.

But give me a reason why Cerra isn't worth pick 8

Now have a look at the potential draft picks after pick 8, and there's 100 kids. Which one should we target. I can't see it.

We will have pick 8 followed by pick 26.

If you're after tough, you have to look at a couple players around picks 15-25. Would you give up pick 8 for them?

I'm working with you keogh not against you, but I don't think its that simple if we look forward.

Rookies? We have Cottrell, Owies, Durdin, Boyd, Parks, Honey, Kennedy, Betts...which ones do you cut to add a few of those WA and SA players? I've always been a fan of the strategy to find top ups in other leagues..since before we got Duigan.

Cerra adds the class and hardness and repeat efforts Dow, OBrien, Kennedy, SPS, Setterfield and Fisher don't bring imo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:

They simply don’t get it

Don’t get me wrong

Are you a member?

Doesn't matter really. We don't need his membership...but he should at least be an Interstate Member imo.
Its a free world.

Bottomline is its obvious keogh cares.

Problem with keogh imo is he blindly spews out some unbalanced bias stuff to suit his argument.
Other than that, he's onto something, sometimes.
As a reader you have to be strong in your conviction and thoughts to avoid being misled by him, and to find some gems in his opinion.

I like reading keogh. Its from the heart, but he knows if he leads with his jaw with mistruths, I will feel obliged to have a free hit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:12 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Contrary to some who think the Draft is the be all to end all, I was thinking who we could have gone for instead of going to the Draft, to have a big bodied mid who can also go forward and help Cripps.

Cripps hit his straps in 2018, where he had more disposals than his MVP year in 2019.

Jake Stringer cost Dodoro picks 25 and 30.

Would've been great to have Jake Stringer instead of pick 10 OBrien.

List management. Pffft.

SOS didn't learn from the Dees. You can't skin the list to the bone, and expect the kids to flourish against seasoned bodies.

I totally understand and agree with SOS bringing in stronger bodies that didn't cost much. They didn't cost much for good reason. The idea was good but the execution arrogant and negligent.

SOS is gone, and now we have Austin. The same Austin who blinked and gave Pick 8 for Saad when he didn't have to. Would Dodoro have given pick 8? Exactly.

Jake Stringer is a pig of a human being and the absolute last person you would want at the club.

Also, if we didn’t have to trade pick 8 for Saad, how else were we going to get him?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
Hindsight is always wonderful. I didn't want Stringer then and I still don't. He is not a midfielder so couldn't help Cripps and certainly has no defensive side.

Yeah, I know where youre coming from.

Point is, the Draft is not the be all to end all.
50% ??? of first around picks don't make it. Fail rate is surpringly high.

Would you take Stringer ahead of O'Brien with hindsight?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:

Austin who blinked and gave Pick 8 for Saad when he didn't have to. Would Dodoro have given pick 8? Exactly.

After academy selections I think it was effectively pick #10 - and that was in a draft year with no U/18 football so in real terms was probably worth around, say pick #15 in a normal draft year (rough guess). Then we also got a pick back from Essendon* which we used to recruit Jack Carroll who appears to be a likely type.
I agree that pick #8 was a bit much but don't think it was a bad trade by any means.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
No not a member
Live in Busselton WA so can’t go to many games but also my personal view is members are treated badly by the club

You've got it all wrong keogh.

You have a team and show loyalty, in bad times and in good.

They don't owe you anything. I respect anyone who volunteers their valuable time for my club. They're better than me, and you.

They don't treat Members badly. They just want your support: the players, the development coaches, the boot studder, the laundry lady.....

Together we stand, Divided we fall.

Not all, but too many supporters jumped on the bandwagon after 1970, and the late 70's, or 80's, or 90's and they only knew success, and expect that to be the norm...and if not...yeah you hurt, but you don't turn into a monster and threaten the stop supporting the club you grew up with and gave you so much joy. I hope you didn't kick your your pet dog you grew up with when it started getting old and was nothing like its former self.

Its like lotto. You win some you lose some. Doesn't cost much, but there's hope one day.........it shouldn't hurt so much that you turn on your own.

If its hurting that bad, and you can't see trees for wood, then yeah, its probably good for your health to start collecting plectrums and put them in frames for your wall...something that doesn't let you down.

Navy Blue...everyone looks good in it. People in Sydney don't laugh when I've got my Carlton jumper on. They comment how good it looks (especially those who don't care about any sport), and know who we are...and the jumper, the colour and the name, Carlton doesn't represent the vitriol from some supporters, the Herald Sun, Fox, News Ltd or the like. In fact, the majority of Australians don't read or watch those rags, nor hear your pain and anger.

I tell my kids, the lesson they learn form all this pain, is how you handle it, and loyalty. Its OUR team. Our time will come. Patience.

BLUEBAGGER for life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:

Yeah, I know where youre coming from.

Point is, the Draft is not the be all to end all.
50% ??? of first around picks don't make it. Fail rate is surpringly high.

Would you take Stringer ahead of O'Brien with hindsight?

Fair point. LOB was a waste of a pick.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
No not a member

You've got it all wrong keogh.

You have a team and show loyalty, in bad times and in good.

They don't owe you anything. I respect anyone who volunteers their valuable time for my club. They're better than me, and you.

They don't treat Members badly. They just want your support: the players, the development coaches, the boot studder, the laundry lady.....

Not all, but too many supporters jumped on the bandwagon after 1970, and the late 70's, or 80's, or 90's and they only knew success, and expect that to be the norm...and if not...yeah you hurt, but you don't turn into a monster and threaten the stop supporting the club you grew up with and gave you so much joy. I hope you didn't kick your your pet dog you grew up with when it started getting old and was nothing like its former self.

Its like lotto. You win some you lose some. Doesn't cost much, but there's hope one day.........it shouldn't hurt so much that you turn on your own.

If its hurting that bad, and you can't see trees for wood, then yeah, its probably good for your health to start collecting plectrums and put them in frames for your wall...something that doesn't let you down.

Navy Blue...everyone looks good in it. People in Sydney don't laugh when I've got my Carlton jumper on. They comment how good it looks (especially those who don't care about any sport), and know who we are...and the jumper, the colour and the name, Carlton doesn't represent the vitriol from some supporters, the Herald Sun, Fox, News Ltd or the like. In fact, the majority of Australians don't read or watch those rags, nor hear your pain and anger.

I tell my kids, the lesson they learn form all this pain, is how you handle it, and loyalty. Its OUR team. Our time will come. Patience.

BLUEBAGGER for life.

Together we stand, Divided we fall.

:clap: Beautiful. Shed a tear :cry:
GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:35 pm 
Bert Deacon

cerra is another mid ,who doesnt have that breakaway speed ,keep our first pick and go to the draft find that recruit ess done it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GET CERRA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

I have limited the amount of games I have watched this year to basically nothing, but I do take an interest in recruitment & the board review.

Wayne Hughes was at the Blues from 2005? or thereabouts to effectively 2014 (when he finally left as back up position then). When the history of the club is written surely Hughes will be one of the top reasons given for the disaster than has been 2 decades of pain.

Surely a clever board would have known that he was a dud recruiter.

recruited Kreuzer instead of Cotchin (there was evidence from the early 1990s that you never pick a ruckman before a midfielder with the Hutton recruitment). It was "worth a punt" cause Kreuzer won the Larke Medal...well those punts come back to haunt clubs. I know Kreuzer is a lovely guy, but really you never pay the big bucks for ruckmen in terms of draft positions...what was he thinking?

Matthew Watson pick 17 - next pick was Isaac Smith, a few later Jack Darling etc.

I want to know more about the recruiters -they should be more accountable. If Austin isn't producing some solid gold by 2022 then I think he has to go as well, I don't want to wait 9 years until they decide to release him.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 76  Next