Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:45 pm 
Bert Deacon

wonder out of the following players we should trade ,sps,setters,kennedy. sps and setters what is there worth ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Frankly, I doubt any of them would have much trade currency. If we can snare a pick under #30 for any of them (and I doubt we can, but maybe SPS) I would grab it. Setterfield looked good last year but he has lost me this season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The main excuse for losing our clearances is our ruck.

Tom DeKoning is the future, but he is years away from having the body to stand up to the heavyweights.

Pitto is the senior ruck on our list, and competitive, but he doesn't seem to be the dominant ruck our emerging midfield group need.

If we could Trade for a strong Ruckman to take No.1 mantle from Pitto whilst DeKoning grows his game as the Fwd-ruck then I'm all for it.

Then we can add a KPD to our list incase Jones or Weitering get injured.
Who knows how long Marchbank will take to return to the team, and he's not a KPD, he's more the elite intercepting tall, similar to Jake Lever.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Frankly, I doubt any of them would have much trade currency. If we can snare a pick under #30 for any of them (and I doubt we can, but maybe SPS) I would grab it. Setterfield looked good last year but he has lost me this season.

I'm in the same camp.

I wonder why Setterfield has fallen off the pace?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:34 am 
Bert Deacon

bondiblue wrote:
Me too bondi. Last year his progression was noticeable, but definitely gone backwards this year, and that was prior to the hand injury that was obviously a setback. I keep asking myself what's his weapon, his standout trait or ability? Best I've been able to come up with is his work in-tight and ability to find a teammate by hand in congestion, maybe I'm missing something, but that alone won't be enough. Not enough pace, not a particularly penetrating kick, not especially strong, not aggressive, not great overhead - just adequate, or worse, in so many areas. Perhaps he's just the stereotypical "good ordinary player"?

Post subject: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:

Just got to give Setters next year to show his wares, he has ability just has to want it enough. Got a battle on his hands to get into the side at the moment if Kennedy and Dow keep up recent output.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

snakehips wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Me too bondi. Last year his progression was noticeable, but definitely gone backwards this year, and that was prior to the hand injury that was obviously a setback. I keep asking myself what's his weapon, his standout trait or ability? Best I've been able to come up with is his work in-tight and ability to find a teammate by hand in congestion, maybe I'm missing something, but that alone won't be enough. Not enough pace, not a particularly penetrating kick, not especially strong, not aggressive, not great overhead - just adequate, or worse, in so many areas. Perhaps he's just the stereotypical "good ordinary player"?

Kennedy being in has shown up setters for aggression/desire, also winning more of the ball recently than setters ever has and good overhead mark.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

snakehips wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Got the ordinary part right

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Setterfield has a diabolical lack of intensity. Cannot reward that kind of play.

Play Honey who at least has speed and will have a decent crack.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:50 pm 
Bob Chitty

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Setterfield has a diabolical lack of intensity. Cannot reward that kind of play.

:clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:22 am 
Geoff Southby

It got shown up massively today when the rest of the midfield were battling very hard (and have the past couple of weeks) then you get setters in just loping around.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:08 am 
Bruce Doull

Who would've thought throwing away all of our KPD depth in one offseason would come back to bite us?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Who would've thought throwing away all of our KPD depth in one offseason would come back to bite us?
Who?
When did it bite us?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

I think not that he is a great player but given our injuries one of the worst for the Year was to McDonald could have played chb last night or alternatively chf as well
No worldbeater but versatile tall and played over 80 AFL games as a KPD
Looked useful forward in preseason matches too

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

dane wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Who?
When did it bite us?

BSOS, Macreadie and Goddard, and not replacing them with McDonald until the eve of the season.

It bit us last night as there was no replacement for Jones, leaving Ratugolea, Rohan and Rhys @#$%&! Stanley free to saunter around our D50 against an undersized defence. Thank Christ Cameron didn't play.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Adam Chatfield wrote:

It got shown up massively today when the rest of the midfield were battling very hard (and have the past couple of weeks) then you get setters in just loping around.

It will be a disgrace if Setterfield is selected next week, or in any of the remainder of games this year when we have kids trying their guts out to play or in need of a taste of AFL: Honey, Ramsay, Kemp and Carroll; some in the last games of the season.

Cottrell and Fisher are miles ahead of Setterfield and Fogarty.

Last night confirmed what I've suspected all year, Fogarty is a VFL player at best. Gotta do more than tackle and when he's only applied only 3 of those, he's not worth keeping. DUD. We need forwards who can get the ball, and kick goals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'd like to swap Setterfield for Geelong's Constable. Tougher, stronger, Faster, Fiercer. Better.

I'd like to swap Fogarty, Williamson and OBrien for StKilda's Dunstan. Hey we can get him for nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:26 pm 
Craig Bradley

We’ve got a dozen more games out of Fogarty than I thought we would. He was busted when he came to us, just about every muscle & joint in his legs had been worked over.

The right strength program should have him kicking longer & tackling stronger.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
dane wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Who?
When did it bite us?

BSOS, Macreadie and Goddard, and not replacing them with McDonald until the eve of the season.

It bit us last night as there was no replacement for Jones, leaving Ratugolea, Rohan and Rhys @#$%&! Stanley free to saunter around our D50 against an undersized defence. Thank Christ Cameron didn't play.

We should have re-drafted one of them in the mid-season draft. That we don't have a developing tall backman is a huge mistake. Jones is not going to last forever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:58 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
I'd like to swap Setterfield for Geelong's Constable. Tougher, stronger, Faster, Fiercer. Better.

I'd like to swap Fogarty, Williamson and OBrien for StKilda's Dunstan. Hey we can get him for nothing.

I’d rather go the draft for four players.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 76  Next