Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:21 pm 
Bert Deacon

What we need ,1. another mid who is quick /strong 2 . athletic 196cm backman ,but who ever we draft must have size and aerobically good. Some teams just look so big against us . Trade setterfield and sps and i think kennedy might have saved himself even though he performed poorly against geelong but played well against ferals.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
I always thought it was a communication error, Andrew McKay was told to delist Nick Graham but delisted Nick Holman by mistake.

:lol:

Scoop.

You're onto it Agro

In that case, I hope they don’t mix our Sams and Jacks up :grin:

There's a Jack Williams in the mix as a top-20 tall this year. Would round us out nicely.

195cm, but too slow.

I know we are looking for a Levi replacement (Fwd-ruck), but noit Williams for me.

We should target a player with ability to run, like Tom DeKoning.

Still think if we can snag a ruckman who can take the No 1 ruck mantle from Pittonet, and goes allright close to goal, like Hawks captain, McEvoy, then we have got our set of big men back and forward (when Marchbank returns next year)

So Andrew Mac then?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 am 
Craig Bradley

jamespul65 wrote:
What we need ,1. another mid who is quick /strong 2 . athletic 196cm backman ,but who ever we draft must have size and aerobically good. Some teams just look so big against us . Trade setterfield and sps and i think kennedy might have saved himself even though he performed poorly against geelong but played well against ferals.

Oscar is the bird in hand regarding your second point.

I can’t get behind the idea that Samo should be traded out, but I understand where you’re coming from. I just think we’d be better served by clearing the dead wood in the fwd/mid group.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Still think if we can snag a ruckman who can take the No 1 ruck mantle from Pittonet, and goes allright close to goal, like Hawks captain, McEvoy, then we have got our set of big men back and forward (when Marchbank returns next year)

Run like Tom De Koning… that’s peak cheer squad. Classic.

Man a key post AND take multiple 10min stints on the bench.

Get your resume in to the club before the review is done. You could be on the coaching panel.

I saw signs of his running I hadn't seen before.

I didn't think he had it, but I saw a glimpse.

I feel with a bit more strength and conditioning he can put those long strides to work.

I could be wrong, but I like his athleticism. I've seen tall skinny blokes develop and get better the stronger they became.

Take it easy with the personal stuff Cru, unless I read your post wrong. Lets stick to footy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

I can’t get behind the idea that Samo should be traded out, but I understand where you’re coming from. I just think we’d be better served by clearing the dead wood in the fwd/mid group.

Who is the deadwood in the midfield you would let go of?

I know last year we all agreed Kennedy was one.

No doubt Murphy is one. OBrien? Gibbons?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jamespul65 wrote:

I keep forgetting that we have 192cm Akuie on our radar as a Next Gen selection. He will be developing for next 4 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Get your resume in to the club before the review is done. You could be on the coaching panel.

Just got off Players Thread.

I see, you're not a Tom DeKoning fan at all. You don't even give him hope.
That implies you choose to write off kids. That makes you an expert? You see things others can't?

I can't respect the way you go about writing off kids, I mean, this kid is only turned 22 yo this year, and you should know tall kids take a few years longer to develop, don't you?
This kid is really really tall too. He's been described as a young giraffe, and he looks that way, but wayyyyy to early to write him off.

So you slag him off, and also anyone who see's some potential in him. OK.

You're on your own on this one. You know that don't you?

Tom's potential is there for everyone to see, and it's been said in the media, by his coaches and every other Carlton fan, other than you.
We all accept he's a few years away from being developed, then after 25 he will get better and better...you can see it from a young age.

He did really well against an AA ruckman on the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

I like Oscar as back up. I don't think he's athletic like his brother Tom.
There's a bit of family rivalry there between the two and their mum thinks they are both great, and loves carlton for giving Oscar a home.
Oscar's turned 25. what you see is what you get. He isn't going to become anymore mobile than he is. Nevertheless, in the end, an astute selection.

I too think we need a young athletic backman to develop with Ben Silvagni and Macreadie delisted, if Oscar can stand up for the next couple of years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

That implies you choose to write off kids. That makes you an expert? You see things others can't?

I can't respect the way you go about writing off kids, I mean, this kid is only turned 22 yo this year, and you should know tall kids take a few years longer to develop, don't you?
This kid is really really tall too. He's been described as a young giraffe, and he looks that way, but wayyyyy to early to write him off.

Tom's potential is there for everyone to see, and it's been said in the media, by his coaches and every other Carlton fan, other than you.
We all accept he's a few years away from being developed, then after 25 he will get better and better...you can see it from a young age.

Bondi you obviously didn't get the memo. TDK shagged crusader's missus then ran over his dog on the way out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Bondi you obviously didn't get the memo. TDK shagged crusader's missus then ran over his dog on the way out

:lol: :lol: Seems that way. I love footy discussion for reality checks but that criticism is really crude stuff TBH.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hearing Marchbank will be paid out. Huge loss. Can't win a trick.
Long way back to fitness. He was so important for us in our rebuild.

I'd put money on the following not be there, and more

Eddie
Levi
Marchy
Gibbons

Oscar...

A few big names may be put up for trade. Keogh will be happy, and possibly proven right.

Fish and SPS ... need to show they belong in the AFL, and are worth trading for imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Did I mention Cain Liddle has meddled too much in the footy dept for a CEO?

Its not the Board's fault he went rogue.

Sayer will pull him into line.
Sayer only interested in results and best practise.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Hearing Marchbank will be paid out. Huge loss. Can't win a trick.
Long way back to fitness. He was so important for us in our rebuild.

I'd put money on the following not be there, and more

Eddie
Levi
Marchy
Gibbons

Oscar...

A few big names may be put up for trade. Keogh will be happy, and possibly proven right.

Fish and SPS ... need to show they belong in the AFL, and are worth trading for imo.

I personally wouldn't be trading Fish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:12 pm 
Banned

Carlton Midfield needs a..........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Brodie Kemp - re-sign.
Eddie Betts - I'd be open to another year on the rookie list if the list numbers stack up and he's willing to go around again.
Edward Curnow - one more year
Jack Newnes - depending on the sort of coin he's wanting and what alternatives are there in that role (I'd prefer Nathan Freeman at this stage). I'd reluctantly offer a year, but prefer to delist.
Jack Silvagni - I'd offer a two year deal, but suspect they'd be wanting three
Josh Honey - undecided, plenty of time left to make a decision. If the season ended tomorrow, you'd be thinking somewhere between delist and one more year on rookie list.
Lachlan Fogarty - done enough to warrant a two year deal, and I suspect his out of contract status is wrong anyway.
Levi Casboult - delist
Lochie O'Brien - delist
Luke Parks - I think there's potential there, I'd be offering another year. I suspect the coaching staff find him limited. He's got two more years on the rookie list.
Marc Murphy - gone
Marc Pittonet - probably deserves another year, wouldn't be too unhappy to see the back of him if the right list management decisions were made to get in the right players in his place. Another one year deal.
Matt Cottrell - deserves another year - look how long it's taken Mitch Robinson to develop into a reliable senior player. Can stay on the rookie list anyway
Matt Owies - I think he can stay on the rookie list another year as a category B rookie. Would promote anyway.
Matthew Kennedy - not sure how his rookie list eligibility works - if we can retain him another year on there without having to delist first, I would.
Michael Gibbons - delist
Nic Newman - a one year deal, I could be twisted into two years.
Oscar McDonald - I think you'd keep him ahead of Pittonet and Casboult largely on the salary aspect. Depends how he goes if he gets any footy in before the end of the year. Could be unlucky.
Sam Petrevski-Seton - I'd consider trading if the right offer came in (pick in 15 to 25 region, or as part of a Cerra deal or a pick upgrade in the first round) but would prefer to keep him.
Sam Ramsay - delist
Will Setterfield - one year extension, re-rookie or delist, there's no real difference in feeling for me there.

That'd give us 5 off the senior list (Casboult, Murphy, O'Brien, Ramsey, Gibbons), possible Owies/McDonald upgrade if we had to, with room to be flexible on Setterfield, Newnes, SPS, Pittonet, Honey, Betts etc if we needed to.

A month later not a lot changes.

Kennedy given he's an unrestricted free agent definitely has to be promoted.
Setterfield can go. SPS now a get the best price trade view.
Slightly more inclined to a 3 year deal for JSOS.
I'd rather Mabior Chol than Pittonet, and hopefully the money required isn't a huge leap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:30 am 
Rod Ashman

Is the plan for Mirkov and TDK ato be the ruck/fwd combo moving forward?

If that’s the case I’d chase a stop gap experienced ruck for a couple of years. Wonder if the Hawks would trade McEvoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:

If that’s the case I’d chase a stop gap experienced ruck for a couple of years. Wonder if the Hawks would trade McEvoy

I've been saying this fo a long time.
I have a history of respecting the role of ruckmen.
In fact, I wouldn't go into a Grand Final with one, unless the 2nd is Med Sub.

You realise how important a ruckman is when you don't have an AA ruckman facing the 4 other AA ruckmen in the land.

No doubt Mirkov is selected to develop.
He is an athletic freak, and knows the game but at an amateur level.
He may come on really quick.
I like the way Russell wants to strengthen him up to AFL standard before next season comes around.

We need a stop gap, like Hawks did with McEvoy.
Who knew he was going to continue playing this long.
What would you offer the Hawks for their captain?

Its a pity Kreuzer's body failed him and left us with an inexperienced average ruck, with a big heart in Pittonet, who since injured have left a skinny 22yo to take the No 1 mantle when he shouldnt be anything but No. 2 this year.

Lets hope TDK improves a lot the next preseason.
I think those skinny legs and hips are going to need another 3 preseasons to compete with the heavier, stronger bodies.

Finf another one, McEvoy highly unlikely, unless we offer a 1st or 2nd rounder, and McEvoy may not be interested in moving at his age....and at his age, he may be at the end of his career during 2022.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

You realise how important a ruckman is when you don't have an AA ruckman facing the 4 other AA ruckmen in the land.

I like the way Russell wants to strengthen him up to AFL standard before next season comes around.

Its a pity Kreuzer's body failed him and left us with an inexperienced average ruck, with a big heart in Pittonet, who since injured have left a skinny 22yo to take the No 1 mantle when he shouldnt be anything but No. 2 this year.

I think those skinny legs and hips are going to need another 3 preseasons to compete with the heavier, stronger bodies.

Finf another one, McEvoy highly unlikely, unless we offer a 1st or 2nd rounder, and McEvoy may not be interested in moving at his age....and at his age, he may be at the end of his career during 2022.

I wonder what Grundy thinks about the Pies situation? They still need about 1300 points just to get Daicos Jnr through the door. Has a long contract which they might be interested in shipping off if it’s mutually beneficial.

Just a thought

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

I wonder what Grundy thinks about the Pies situation? They still need about 1300 points just to get Daicos Jnr through the door. Has a long contract which they might be interested in shipping off if it’s mutually beneficial.

Just a thought

I'd take him for $700 per season, if Pies covered the balance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:22 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Can't see them delisting Gibbons!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 76  Next