Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:27 am 
Harry Vallence

Was great to be at a winning Blues AFL game in my home town. Until a couple of years ago MrsNTB and I had travelled to Melbourne or Brisbane to watch games over a 10 year period and we did not see Carlton win a game. But in the last few years things have turned around and we have been at three winning Blues games in a row. We were at the West Coast game at Subiaco when Chris Yarran ran amok and Sam Rowe kicked a few goals, then last year at Optus in Perth against Fremantle when Murphy kicked a goal to put us in front with a minute to go. Then tonights' game in Darwin where we controlled the game from start to finish - even if our accuracy was very poor. Am starting to think maybe I am not a jinx anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:29 am 
Rod Ashman

aboynamedsue wrote:
The best part of the win was the last few minutes of the 2nd term. We’d squandered opportunities and let the Suns back in. They got to within a kick and I was thinking “here we go again” but instead of dropping our bundle - we went bang, bang, bang. Suns back in their box at halftime.

I know the Suns were fairly ordinary tonight - and, yes, it would have been nice to kick away and win by 10 goals - but those few minutes showed me that we might be turning corner of mental and physical maturity.

I thought the same ABNS, very impressed. Challenged and then made a statement in about 3 minutes of football.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:41 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Brilliant crowd. Great place to play once a year. :idea:

Thought our defensive positioning/structure and our pressure completely shutout the Suns.

Obviously our scoreboard conversion should be the focus in preparations for the Collingwood game.

Not pretty but a team win. :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:50 am 
Ken Hunter

NTBlue wrote:
Was great to be at a winning Blues AFL game in my home town. Until a couple of years ago MrsNTB and I had travelled to Melbourne or Brisbane to watch games over a 10 year period and we did not see Carlton win a game. But in the last few years things have turned around and we have been at three winning Blues games in a row. We were at the West Coast game at Subiaco when Chris Yarran ran amok and Sam Rowe kicked a few goals, then last year at Optus in Perth against Fremantle when Murphy kicked a goal to put us in front with a minute to go. Then tonights' game in Darwin where we controlled the game from start to finish - even if our accuracy was very poor. Am starting to think maybe I am not a jinx anymore.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Thought Nooones (shit that was annoying all night) played his best game for us. Him, Murphy, Martin,Gibbons all really got the job done early.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:58 am 
Ken Hands

Heavs wrote:
Was last night the first time anyone has mentioned publicly that Weiters should be AA this year?

I thought it had been talked about for at least a month. It’s often self fulfilling once enough people talk about an AA berth for someone there’s plenty of commentators who jump on the bandwagon. He should definitely make the squad at the least. Shouldn’t hurt that Harry torched Collins last night either.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:03 am 
Ken Hands

ferdinand wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Was last night the first time anyone has mentioned publicly that Weiters should be AA this year?

I thought it had been talked about for at least a month. It’s often self fulfilling once enough people talk about an AA berth for someone there’s plenty of commentators who jump on the bandwagon. He should definitely make the squad at the least. Shouldn’t hurt that Harry torched Collins last night either.

Was King playing for the Suns? Or was he a late out? Don’t think Weiters had an opponent..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

NTBlue wrote:

Was thinking of you and your family...wondering if you made it.

Absolutely rapt for you.

Carlton have a great following up there. Huge footprint of fans.

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:19 am 
Bruce Doull

Yep, looked like we had great support in the crowd, was awesome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Thought Nooones (shit that was annoying all night) played his best game for us. Him, Murphy, Martin,Gibbons all really got the job done early.

Easily his best game for the club.

Played like he feels he belongs in this team.

Tough and hard at it. He's built for contested footy.

Whole midfield group was superb. 20yo Walsh was super impressive. He does things which don't get seen in the stats sheet. Leader.

I know the GCS were coming off a 4 day break and knew they would tire, but the commitment to Teagues Team defense in 83% Humidity, proved to me the Carlton Team is fit for purpose. Well done Andrew Russell and to all the players who are committed to the cause.

Keeping a lid on it ... just. :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:35 am 
Stephen Silvagni

That guernsey was awesome. Best alternate one we've worn IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:41 am 
Rod Ashman

Did anyone know that GC had SIX players younger than Walsh last night? SIX!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

NTBlue wrote:
It would have been nice to be relatively relaxed at the game too!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
Did anyone know that GC had SIX players younger than Walsh last night? SIX!!!!

I heard the commentators say something like that.
Don't recall Walsh being named.

Walsh only turned 20yo in July

Rankine is 3 months older ... lets investigate ...

1. King 5 days younger than Walsh but 20yo
2. Lucoscious is 1 month younger but 20yo
3. Graham is 2 months younger turns 20yo in Sept
4. Flanders 19yo
5. Budarick 19yo
6. Anderson 19yo

Out injured is 19yo Carlton supporter and rising star Rowell

Plenty of Green shoots.
Have we heard that before?

I'm glad we are past that stage, but we do have some 19yo pressing for spots like Honey, Philp, Kemp and Philips and Ramsay could be anything.
I wonder if our 19yo would have a show in the GCS 22. We will never know, but Honey and Philp would give it a nudge imo and we know Kemp is ready made.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rexy wrote:

Why wasn't it predominantly navy blue?

:screwy:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

NTBlue wrote:

:thumbsup:

That West Coast game was 2013. The last win myself and my son had seen live. Until last week...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:33 pm 
Bert Deacon

for me we won against young gold coast as mentioned several times and no injuries in those conditions move on

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Yep, looked like we had great support in the crowd, was awesome

They weren't supporting us, they were just randomly shouting at bright, shiny things.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Why wasn't it predominantly navy blue?

:screwy:

I thought it looked like the NBN logo

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

So no fibre involved in there manufacture then.

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next