Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Fenwick Snap wrote:
Meekster wrote:
Ed Curnow was EPIC
BOG by the length of the Flemington straight for mine - but come Brownlow night 3 Votes N Fyfe

I fear you're right about Fyfe (whose game was pretty handy but not BOG).

At least the commentators noticed Ed this week. He does a lot more than he gets credit for. Several times he's tagged someone out of the game and commentators have afterthoughts about his opponent's bewildering lack of impact. Apart from his accumulation in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if he restricted one or two opponents' games while he was at it (I was too engrossed in our glacial comeback to notice). It's a shame his disposal is pretty bad, as he's pretty accountable otherwise.

Nice post FS.

Got me thinking. Ed does take out his team mates opponents when he's at it. Human canon ball.

I just had a quick sift through his last few games for his midfield battles.

Conundrum. I always plan forward post Simmo Betts Murph, but I think Ed makes up for his weakness with disposal.
I thought last night he went for distance and putting the ball forward, and turnovers didn't hurt us as a pack usually formed.

I'd love to Trade fora player as committed defensively as Ed, with apeed and most important class.
Ed is a class act in different ways.

Having thought about your post...I really should celebrate Ed's value more.

I've had daydreams previously Ed and Charlie played in our 17th. :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
That Willo thing wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out.

He's our best exit strategy out of defence and should be used a lot more.

It was freakish, the steal.
Willo did look up before a split second.
Didn't look good in slow motion.
Happened so quick no one saw Fyfe coming

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Taberner beat him cleanly once from what i saw.

I though Weiters was good and killed the incoming ball regularly.

Nothing more than that.

Weitering monstered anything that came close after that.

Still in keeping with his streak of AA form

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

jezzarules wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:26 pm 
Ken Hands

2 of Taberner's 3 goals were lucky, a terrible umpiring decision and a clanger from Jones. He did win 2 or 3 contested marks against Weitering I thought, but they weren't in threatening positions. He's a pretty good player but the contest was pretty even.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:42 pm 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
Fenwick Snap wrote:
Meekster wrote:
Ed Curnow was EPIC
BOG by the length of the Flemington straight for mine - but come Brownlow night 3 Votes N Fyfe

I fear you're right about Fyfe (whose game was pretty handy but not BOG).

At least the commentators noticed Ed this week. He does a lot more than he gets credit for. Several times he's tagged someone out of the game and commentators have afterthoughts about his opponent's bewildering lack of impact. Apart from his accumulation in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if he restricted one or two opponents' games while he was at it (I was too engrossed in our glacial comeback to notice). It's a shame his disposal is pretty bad, as he's pretty accountable otherwise.

Nice post FS.

Got me thinking. Ed does take out his team mates opponents when he's at it. Human canon ball.

I just had a quick sift through his last few games for his midfield battles.

Conundrum. I always plan forward post Simmo Betts Murph, but I think Ed makes up for his weakness with disposal.
I thought last night he went for distance and putting the ball forward, and turnovers didn't hurt us as a pack usually formed.

I'd love to Trade fora player as committed defensively as Ed, with apeed and most important class.
Ed is a class act in different ways.

Having thought about your post...I really should celebrate Ed's value more.

I've had daydreams previously Ed and Charlie played in our 17th. :cool:

Thanks, Bondi.

I would love to see both Curnows in a flag team. It might come a bit late for Ed unfortunately. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:45 pm 
John James

Ok, sorry, Willo. The slowmo was probably unfair. The look aside could've just been reflex before you knew you were about to have your pocket picked. The proof is in the rest of your game.

(Go Blues!)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:01 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kingkerna wrote:
Mate asked me if that's in my top 10 Carlton moments.

Got a headache deciding

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Cmon, we’re not St kilda. 16 premiership moments come first, yesterday is way back....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:07 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jezzarules wrote:

https://twitter.com/BGibbsy4/status/1294614053801701376

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Rexy wrote:
That Willo thing wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out.

He's our best exit strategy out of defence and should be used a lot more.

It was freakish, the steal.
Willo did look up before a split second.
Didn't look good in slow motion.
Happened so quick no one saw Fyfe coming

I think it was simply a matter of Willo not bodylining the ball whereas Fyfe did....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Fenwick Snap wrote:
Ok, sorry, Willo. The slowmo was probably unfair. The look aside could've just been reflex before you knew you were about to have your pocket picked. The proof is in the rest of your game.

(Go Blues!)

100%

You can read whatever you want i the slo mo...and I was guilty of evil thoughts when I first saw it.
With control of the remote control, I was able to see reality.

It was totally in Willo's Human Rights to look up for 0.00001 seconds.
He can't control what the audience wants to see in it.
Innocent your honour.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

Really saddens me....I can give you....99 reasons why it saddens me

Saddens me along the same level as

- Fisher stuck on 99
-Clarksons molestation of Fev on 99

1999 Prelim ... that's another story

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

Really saddens me....I can give you....99 reasons why it saddens me

Saddens me along the same level as

- Fisher stuck on 99
-Clarksons molestation of Fev on 99

1999 Prelim ... that's another story

But a bitch aint one

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Quote:
Zac Fisher, Carlton, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Adam Cerra, Fremantle, during the fourth quarter of the Round 12 match between Fremantle and Carlton, played at Optus Stadium on Saturday August 15.

In summary he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Quote:
Matthew Cottrell, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against James Aish, Fremantle, during the second quarter of the Round 12 match between Fremantle and Carlton, played at Optus Stadium on Saturday August 15.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/486696

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:31 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Rexy wrote:
Quote:
Zac Fisher, Carlton, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Adam Cerra, Fremantle, during the fourth quarter of the Round 12 match between Fremantle and Carlton, played at Optus Stadium on Saturday August 15.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Quote:
Matthew Cottrell, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against James Aish, Fremantle, during the second quarter of the Round 12 match between Fremantle and Carlton, played at Optus Stadium on Saturday August 15.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/486696

Yeah, I saw him flatten the Freo player and thought that it was a bit borderline.

Missed the Fisher one....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:37 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

sinbagger wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Mate asked me if that's in my top 10 Carlton moments.

Got a headache deciding

Cmon, we’re not St kilda. 16 premiership moments come first, yesterday is way back....
Yeah, but specific moments, I immediately thought of earl's smother and subsequent goal in 95, not sure why. In terms of one off plays that give you joy this is right up there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:07 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
sandramcd67 wrote:

Not a huge Murf fan but he has had a solid month

It's hard to form a balanced view of Murphy...
He got the footy a lot, seems to be willing to be physically competitive and recently has been working super hard to be involved.
But it feels like he just doesn't use the ball well enough. Poor options and too often poor skills. Too many times he puts us in a worse position and too often helps the opposition.
He was never elite but he used to be better.
How often do we say "Fantastic!" when he is involved in the play?

He was absolutely elite in 2011. Pretty close to elite for a few years around that, and maybe close again for a year sometime later but I’ve kind of blocked out the Malthouse years.

His disposal has declined at a rate of knots but strangely what seems worse than his disposal itself is his decision making. A few kicks and handballs last night that had an air of a deer in the headlights first gamer shitting his pants. It’s really strange. He was such a good user at his peak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you tell a lie often enough people will start to believe it then it becomes the truth.
About 2 or so years back when we lost every game people were looking for and scape goat and they turned on Murphy.
Since then the numbers of people who have jumped on board this band wagon has increased so now it is just a given despite how good he plays he is a liability and should be dropped.
It's a joke Murphy would be top 5 in the B&F for sure and people are just potting him because its the in thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Murph has had some good games this year but last night was not one of them and I don’t understand why it’s such a crime to think that?

I decided to watch the second half and watch Murph.

15:05 hand pass under no pressure behind a running Cotrol streaming forward wrecks momentum.

11:40 misses an easy tackle.

11:11 a weird terrible kick into forward 50 (that Betts turned into a goal for Walsh anyway after the Freo player drops an easy open mark)

10:52 a terrible attempt at a tackle that gives away a free kick. Flailing arms.

10:25 a panicked handpass turnover to a Freo player despite open teammates around him.

Then I got bored and stopped.

Please respond with a few examples of what wonderful positive things he did? It seems you have made up your mind he’s playing great without any reality to it. I’m happy to change my mind based on examples from last night instead of pointless blanket statements.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:10 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

I often dread 1 on 1's when Murph is involved, because he often won't half the contest even when he was in the best spot to begin with... But I thought his competitiveness was good last night.

I still rate his creativity with ball in hand. Doesn't blindly bomb the ball.

What a freakin win!!!!

All the blunders made Newnes pure thumper even better. So glad we snuck away with the win.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:15 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
sandramcd67 wrote:

Not a huge Murf fan but he has had a solid month

It's hard to form a balanced view of Murphy...
He got the footy a lot, seems to be willing to be physically competitive and recently has been working super hard to be involved.
But it feels like he just doesn't use the ball well enough. Poor options and too often poor skills. Too many times he puts us in a worse position and too often helps the opposition.
He was never elite but he used to be better.
How often do we say "Fantastic!" when he is involved in the play?

He was absolutely elite in 2011. Pretty close to elite for a few years around that, and maybe close again for a year sometime later but I’ve kind of blocked out the Malthouse years.

His disposal has declined at a rate of knots but strangely what seems worse than his disposal itself is his decision making. A few kicks and handballs last night that had an air of a deer in the headlights first gamer shitting his pants. It’s really strange. He was such a good user at his peak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you tell a lie often enough people will start to believe it then it becomes the truth.
About 2 or so years back when we lost every game people were looking for and scape goat and they turned on Murphy.
Since then the numbers of people who have jumped on board this band wagon has increased so now it is just a given despite how good he plays he is a liability and should be dropped.
It's a joke Murphy would be top 5 in the B&F for sure and people are just potting him because its the in thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Murph has had some good games this year but last night was not one of them and I don’t understand why it’s such a crime to think that?

I decided to watch the second half and watch Murph.

15:05 hand pass under no pressure behind a running Cotrol streaming forward wrecks momentum.

11:40 misses an easy tackle.

11:11 a weird terrible kick into forward 50 (that Betts turned into a goal for Walsh anyway after the Freo player drops an easy open mark)

10:52 a terrible attempt at a tackle that gives away a free kick. Flailing arms.

10:25 a panicked handpass turnover to a Freo player despite open teammates around him.

Then I got bored and stopped.

Please respond with a few examples of what wonderful positive things he did? It seems you have made up your mind he’s playing great without any reality to it. I’m happy to change my mind based on examples from last night instead of pointless blanket statements.

Can you please rewatch the game and jot down all errors from all players?

Please keep up with the commentary next to each time stamp as well.

My point is, it was one of the scrappiest games known to man. Unbelievable amounts of fumbles, slips, dropped marks, from both teams.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next