Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

R11 West Coast v Carlton (post match discussion)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

How many times has 30pt shifts cost us. We're not far off, just stuff like that needs to be sorted.

Last edited by jim on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effing maggots..just to show them that I don’t blame them I offer to pay for marriage costs for their parents...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Same old same old.
Any chance the coach can drop some numbers back when the inevitable surge comes?
Betts has kicked 1 goal in the last 4 weeks and 0 goals in the last 3 games.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Good game, bad umpiring...

Incredibly frustrating...

How many tackling rewards did we get? Changed the momentum in the third.

Shame, would have been a great game and anything could have happened

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

Seasons cooked. It’s all about next year and beyond. Play the kids. Keep TDK in. Play him over Pittonet if Harry comes back. He’s the future. Bring in Dow, let’s get a look at Honey, hopefully Stocker is back soon. We need to keep bringing through youth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

2 more pre-seasons to be a legit side.

TDK, unless injured should play out the season.

alot we did right, a few things we did wrong .. i honestly think, the umpires had a huge impact on the result.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

jim wrote:
Howe many times has 30pt shifts cost us. .

Happened in 14 of the last 21 games. Okay so we didn't lose against Geelong and North, but I'd say they were all costly, as they've created a theme that plays on all of our minds and saps confidence. It's at crisis levels now, we have simply become a club that loses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

jim wrote:
How many times has 30pt shifts cost us. We're not far off, just stuff like that needs to be sorted.

Usually I’d agree but this one is firmly on the maggots. It’s hard enough to be west coast at home, can’t do it when they get the ride they got today

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

.. and well done to all of the 'ins'.. Thought they all contributed...
Small things to be sorted out, looking good otherwise ...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:07 pm 
Banned

Never ever drop TDK.

Tackled hard, went in hard , Carlton Grit was there - our young tall forwards were missing and playing against a full strength team.

Polish went missing when Martin went off injured tells me need another - throw kitchen sinks at Josh Kelly.

We got annhialted in the hit outs -> stoppages and clearances....

Umpires gave the weagles a two goal handicap and two goal handicap for home ground advantage and overall its a decent result.. no complaints on the effort disposal efficiency a little down but thats what happens when we were bombing it long to Levi who was facing a 3 v 1 and missing Martin

Last edited by Walsh on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
Same old same old.
Any chance the coach can drop some numbers back when the inevitable surge comes?
Betts has kicked 1 goal in the last 4 weeks and 0 goals in the last 3 games.

That's illegal. Siblings can't get married.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

hate to blame umpiring but @#$%&! me dead...

that aside i thought we lost the game during the 7 min 4 goal period west coast had in the 3rd and because we badly missed mckay and mcgovern as targets..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good first half... Fisher, De Koning and Cottrell getting game time...

Some bewildering umpiring decisions and the obligatory 5 goal turnaround was disappointing...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

jake_h03 wrote:
Seasons cooked. It’s all about next year and beyond. Play the kids. Keep TDK in. Play him over Pittonet if Harry comes back. He’s the future. Bring in Dow, let’s get a look at Honey, hopefully Stocker is back soon. We need to keep bringing through youth

Freo and GC next 2. Very winnable. Actually, have to be won.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Proud of our efforts. As coach Teague needs to come up witth some tactic to stop teams from kicking quick goals in a run on. It seems to be a growing trend in our losses. The other alternative is just to say we're too young and not good enough.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Saying it too much. Good effort. Can't fault the effort. We had a crack right to the final siren. Got overwhelmed at the end. Losing Martin early hurt us. Cripps got hurt and wasn't moving freely. Different interpretation of the rules for each side.

On the plus side, TDK proved he has a future. Must play every game for the remainder of the season. Would like to see him start holding his marks though. Got 2 hands to it several times. Will come with a bit more experience and strength.
Liked the look of Cottrell. Didn't get a heap of it, but has a real appetite for the contest. Hope we persist with him.
Fish showed great goal sense playing mostly forward.
Jones was great as was Kennedy. Walsh had a really good 2nd half and thought Murph was good too.

I don't think this is another false dawn. I genuinely believe we are very close.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
2 more pre-seasons to be a legit side.

TDK, unless injured should play out the season.

alot we did right, a few things we did wrong .. i honestly think, the umpires had a huge impact on the result.

Would have been good if he’d been played in the ruck during the third quarter too

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:14 pm 
John James

Those holding the ball decisions are a real blight on the game. Just no consistency. Loved TDK, SPS was classy, Walsh is a star, Cripps is a shocking kick for goal, always has been and just not good enough. Murphy...... not there when it really mattered. The lads tried very hard with plenty of spirit. Not convinced Newnes is best 22. Bring back Dow as he apparently had a good reserves game today. Onward and upward.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Probably the best defensive game we’ve played all season, too bad we got @#$%&! all reward for it.

Eagles have a big strong midfield who didn’t need the disgusting WA umpire armchair ride they got in the 3rd but it sure helped! We needed leadership to settle things down but that’s been in short supply all season. Went into our shells, game over. Did well to keep in it in the last but it was game over.

Great signs from TDK and good to see a genuine small with upside in Fish return with 4 goals. Really lacked a tall to assist Levi today, one of those scrappy 50/50 games where the umpires should have packed up and gone home to give us a fighting chance.

Still some pieces of the puzzle missing but look good when we’re on, some young players are developing nicely. Now to develop our young coach.

Last edited by Scotty12000 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next