Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sin City wrote:
I haven’t fully decided what changes I’d make but I’d like Moore to go out, hopefully for McGovern but otherwise for TDK. Williamson looks too sore to me but it’s hard to find a replacement with Newman gone too. Maybe Newnes could take his spot and one of Fisher or LOB could play wing.

Both Williamson and Cunningham only had approx 60% time on ground so maybe they are tired/sore. They could be replaced with LOB and Fisher with Newnes moving to defence and LOB to the wing. Fish could take Cunners spot and also have stints through the middle. Moore to be replaced by TDK. If SPS remains in the side he needs to be moved from defence.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sin City wrote:
I haven’t fully decided what changes I’d make but I’d like Moore to go out, hopefully for McGovern but otherwise for TDK. Williamson looks too sore to me but it’s hard to find a replacement with Newman gone too. Maybe Newnes could take his spot and one of Fisher or LOB could play wing.

Polson? :smoking: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:13 pm 
Robert Walls

DesEnglish wrote:
I’d play TDK against NicNat. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Does the property steward have a couple of cruciate ligaments in the storage box?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:11 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
Sin City wrote:

Sounds like he’s going pretty well in defence hey, I haven’t seen him there yet but the reports are good.

The other thing I meant to say was it seems to me that over the last three weeks Liam Jones has completely forgotten how to play. His form has been terrible in my opinion. Hopefully he can get back to basics and work on just shutting his man down, especially against the Eagles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:32 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sin City wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Sin City wrote:

Sounds like he’s going pretty well in defence hey, I haven’t seen him there yet but the reports are good.

The other thing I meant to say was it seems to me that over the last three weeks Liam Jones has completely forgotten how to play. His form has been terrible in my opinion. Hopefully he can get back to basics and work on just shutting his man down, especially against the Eagles.

Jones' biggest limitation is that he doesn't know his limitations

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:20 am 
Rod Ashman

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Sin City wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Sin City wrote:

Jones' biggest limitation is that he doesn't know his limitations

He’s likely to have plenty of opportunities to work on things next game

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:50 am 
Bert Deacon

jones gets the ball of course his under pressure v Darcy moore gets ball plenty of space teammates options to hanball or kick our game plan no good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I hope in training this week they set up Moore as the 'Carlton' ruckman and Pitt or TDK as Nic Nat and just teach our on-ballers to shark it. @#$%&! he was good on the weekend.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If Moore plays, I'll spew up. I suspect many will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jamespul65 wrote:
jones gets the ball of course his under pressure v Darcy moore gets ball plenty of space teammates options to hanball or kick our game plan no good

is that the same Darcy Moore who turned it over in the corridor 20 metres from goal yesterday? Resulting in a Freo goal?
The same Darcy Moore who was moved to hide in the forward line last week whilst Josh Kennedy was destroying them?

We had a bad game. It happens. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water over one loss.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
I’d play TDK against NicNat. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

is that the same Darcy Moore who turned it over in the corridor 20 metres from goal yesterday? Resulting in a Freo goal?
The same Darcy Moore who was moved to hide in the forward line last week whilst Josh Kennedy was destroying them?

We had a bad game. It happens. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water over one loss.

We are talking about Jones here. He's had more than one bad game.

He has lost the plot. He's lacking common sense on the last line of defense this last month.
Gosh his first quarter of 2020 was a disaster.

Problem is, we have no back up Full Back to replace him. That doesn't imply he's having a good year. Maybe Goddard's form makes him a better option, but he didnt play any scratch match on the weekend.

In a nutshell, Jones has been terrible this year. I hope he picks up his game, and sticks to the basics that made him successful: stick to your man and punch the ball away towards the boundary.

On that Jones-Moore comparison, I'm not sure if there's anyone who would select/take Jones before Moore for the backline, or the forwardline, come to think of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Darcy Moore a year of daylight ... then Jones ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:14 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

BSOS for Jones ...?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:
BSOS for Jones ...?

The way TC are going everyone in the team is going to be replaced except for Levi, Weitering and maybe Martin. :razz:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Rexy wrote:
BSOS for Jones ...?

The way TC are going everyone in the team is going to be replaced except for Levi, Weitering and maybe Martin. :razz:

Martin flies for too many marks and has missed a couple of sitters in front of goal.
Owies for Martin?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:16 pm 
Bob Chitty

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

We are talking about Jones here. He's had more than one bad game.

He has lost the plot. He's lacking common sense on the last line of defense this last month.
Gosh his first quarter of 2020 was a disaster.

Problem is, we have no back up Full Back to replace him. That doesn't imply he's having a good year. Maybe Goddard's form makes him a better option, but he didnt play any scratch match on the weekend.

In a nutshell, Jones has been terrible this year. I hope he picks up his game, and sticks to the basics that made him successful: stick to your man and punch the ball away towards the boundary.

On that Jones-Moore comparison, I'm not sure if there's anyone who would select/take Jones before Moore for the backline, or the forwardline, come to think of it.

Agree Jones is out of form and agree we unfortunately don’t have a replacement at the moment.

Interestingly, Liam averages 10.2 touches per games in our losses this year and 5.75 in our wins. This sums it up a bit for me - we don’t want him touching the ball unless it’s from an intercept mark. Needs to play within his limits and focus on just beating his man. Teammates must run behind him for handballs once he gets it.

I reckon if Charlie was fit, we’d consider playing Levi at full back alongside Weiters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

" A man's gotta know his limits " - Dirty Harry Callaghan aka Clint Eastwood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

rhino27 wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Rexy wrote:
BSOS for Jones ...?

Martin flies for too many marks and has missed a couple of sitters in front of goal.
Owies for Martin?

Weiters had a few hack kicks that landed in Hawk hands and flew back over his head... Jones for Weiters?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
BSOS for Jones ...?

We have to keep looking forward.
We have to keep looking ahead to improve any and every position we can.

We have to replace Jones when we can.
He is the best we have.

Ben is at least 4 years away from his peak.
He's shown great signs over last preseason.
He will come on...starts drip feeding in 2022?
Dunno.

I'm a realist. I love that we have Jones now and last coupla years ... but not forever.

I was saying to a mate a coupla days before the Hawks game, I rated David Kernahan higher than Jones.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next