Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Beijing Blue wrote:
NTBlue wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
Credit to Plow. Was excellent today. As was Curnow on Simpkin.

Plowman was good. I especially give him credit for not punching the umpire who did not award him a mark when he took two grabs to secure it. During both grabs he was a metre away from the nearest North player and clearly no other player went anywhere near touching it.

I commented to friends whilst watching the game that I cannot understand how the umpires make so many wrong calls nowadays. I do not recall an umpire making so many mistakes when we only had one central umpire. They regularly pay a holding the ball immediately after a player is tackled when he has no possible chance to handball it. Thirty seconds later the same umpire pays a high tackle free kick to the side that received a free for the holding the ball decision. The two tackles were identical but were adjudicated 180 degrees differently less than a minute apart by the same umpire.
If the umpires are incapable of interpreting the rules consistently, then the rules need to be simplified ( or the umpires educated!)

The game has become so hard to umpire. The HTB is a joke. No incentive for the player to get the ball.

...so tap it on to advantage :idea: that's a required team skill too....and that will no doubt open up the game somewhat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
MIL wrote:
I'd submit the spectator video of Cripps being double scragged in front of the blind Maggot and say please explain ?

How much is any player expected to put up with week in week out ?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/07/26/is-cripps-umpired-differently-blues-coach-weighs-in-on-social-storm/

Could have shown a more relevant photo of the holding...just look at the footge the Carlton supporter caught on their mobile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:17 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
NTBlue wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
Credit to Plow. Was excellent today. As was Curnow on Simpkin.

Plowman was good. I especially give him credit for not punching the umpire who did not award him a mark when he took two grabs to secure it. During both grabs he was a metre away from the nearest North player and clearly no other player went anywhere near touching it.

I commented to friends whilst watching the game that I cannot understand how the umpires make so many wrong calls nowadays. I do not recall an umpire making so many mistakes when we only had one central umpire. They regularly pay a holding the ball immediately after a player is tackled when he has no possible chance to handball it. Thirty seconds later the same umpire pays a high tackle free kick to the side that received a free for the holding the ball decision. The two tackles were identical but were adjudicated 180 degrees differently less than a minute apart by the same umpire.
If the umpires are incapable of interpreting the rules consistently, then the rules need to be simplified ( or the umpires educated!)

The game has become so hard to umpire. The HTB is a joke. No incentive for the player to get the ball.

...so tap it on to advantage :idea: that's a required team skill too....and that will no doubt open up the game somewhat

No matter how many times you tap it on someone has to eventually pick it up....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
MIL wrote:
I'd submit the spectator video of Cripps being double scragged in front of the blind Maggot and say please explain ?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/07/26/is-cripps-umpired-differently-blues-coach-weighs-in-on-social-storm/

Could have shown a more relevant photo of the holding...just look at the footge the Carlton supporter caught on their mobile.

“Cripps is playing more of a team role....”, maybe it’s all in the plan to draw two players to Cripps which frees up Kennedy and Setterfield......

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:22 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
MIL wrote:

“Cripps is playing more of a team role....”, maybe it’s all in the plan to draw two players to Cripps which frees up Kennedy and Setterfield......
That should be part of the plan anyway

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:23 am 
Wayne Johnston

I can’t understand why that bleach blonde sniper wasn’t charged with striking Walsh. It was clearly shown on a tv replay during the match how during a break in play for a throw in he ran up to Walsh, elbowed him in the head and then when Walsh chased him and threw him to the ground received a free kick.

How can that not warrant a report?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
I can’t understand why that bleach blonde sniper wasn’t charged with striking Walsh. It was clearly shown on a tv replay during the match how during a break in play for a throw in he ran up to Walsh, elbowed him in the head and then when Walsh chased him and threw him to the ground received a free kick.

How can that not warrant a report?

Exactly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:39 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Funny how it takes amateur social media to expose the Cripps mistreatment. AFL media is a joke. The whole AFL product is largely a joke tbh. Thank goodness for the golf, NRL, MLB on Kayo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

Votes
Player (Club)
5 Marc Murphy (CARL)
5 Lachie Plowman (CARL)
4 Matthew Kennedy (CARL)
4 Jared Polec (NMFC)
3 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
3 Marc Pittonet (CARL)
3 Ed Curnow (CARL)
2 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke McDonald (NMFC)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:30 pm 
John James

17 Carlton players have now received coaches votes so far this season. It's great to not be relying on the same 3 or 4 players to have blinders in order to win games like we have for the best part of a decade.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

Votes
Player (Club)
5 Marc Murphy (CARL)
5 Lachie Plowman (CARL)
4 Matthew Kennedy (CARL)
4 Jared Polec (NMFC)
3 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
3 Marc Pittonet (CARL)
3 Ed Curnow (CARL)
2 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke McDonald (NMFC)
I think I will need to watch the replay - I am not sure how Murph got the 5 votes

We as a cohort dont see it either apparently

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Two coaches seeing it v differently there

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I assume Plowman got the 5 from us for smashing Zohan.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
Funny how it takes amateur social media to expose the Cripps mistreatment. AFL media is a joke. The whole AFL product is largely a joke tbh. Thank goodness for the golf, NRL, MLB on Kayo.

What is worse is our club do not see it!!!!!!Or they just tow the AFL wanker line!!
What do we pay our memberships for!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

Votes
Player (Club)
5 Marc Murphy (CARL)
5 Lachie Plowman (CARL)
4 Matthew Kennedy (CARL)
4 Jared Polec (NMFC)
3 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
3 Marc Pittonet (CARL)
3 Ed Curnow (CARL)
2 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke McDonald (NMFC)

No votes for Setterfield surprises me

These two coaches obviously see very different things out on the field

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sin City wrote:
Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

Votes
Player (Club)
5 Marc Murphy (CARL)
5 Lachie Plowman (CARL)
4 Matthew Kennedy (CARL)
4 Jared Polec (NMFC)
3 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
3 Marc Pittonet (CARL)
3 Ed Curnow (CARL)
2 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke McDonald (NMFC)

No votes for Setterfield surprises me

These two coaches obviously see very different things out on the field

Interesting that the CFC social media team is referring to him as 'Will best-a-field' :lol:

5 Plowman, Murphy
4 Polec, Kennedy
3 (Walsh, Pittonet or Curnow)
2 Weitering, (Walsh, Pittonet or Curnow)
1 McDonald, (Walsh, Pittonet or Curnow)

The coaches are miles apart on the lot of them

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
MIL wrote:

:idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brently8 wrote:
17 Carlton players have now received coaches votes so far this season. It's great to not be relying on the same 3 or 4 players to have blinders in order to win games like we have for the best part of a decade.

That's another good sign things are building at The Blues

We have built a pretty good list, albeit still on the young end of the scale.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

But I thought Murphy deserved to be dropped after that effort :lol:
What a pisser. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Coaches votes will depend on what they want certain players to do, and what they may have wanted them to do, but could not because their opponent shut them out....

I agree Setters is a bit stiff, but who cares... He started this year on my 'needs to show something' list,.. and he's showing something :wink:

Go Blues!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next