Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
They sit on Cripps then its up to him to beat him....drag him away....forward perhaps....do something.
He rang up Maddie offering advice last year after she was tagged in the Pies game.
He should have learned from his DeBoar flogging a couple of years ago....well he said he did.

Last week Cripps let Oliver dominate him by holding and blocking and doing nothing about it. Dumb selfish footy TBH.

Thought Cripps game last week was one I'd like to forget: he didn't try hard enough imo....and we still nearly got up.

Cripps was repeatedly getting scragged by Oliver last week when they were positioned behind the central umpire at the centre bounces. I wondered why Cripps didn't position himself on the other side of the bounce so he was close to and in front of the umpire. Surely he would have been awarded a free without having to play for it. Just be positioned where the closest ump could not ignore the transgressions. On the other hand, why the F#*K didn't one of the other umpires pay a free? They must be quite averse to intervening against the closest umpire even if that ump has his back to a free.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:57 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Accuracy is the key.
Looking back, we played them there 2 years ago on a Saturday night and kicked 5.15 to their 11.7.
More tackles, more inside 50's, more scoring shots.
This year they're averaging 14.6 to our 9.10 (1 more scoring shot) even though we're averaging more Inside 50's and more marks Inside 50.
The big difference is goal assists. 12 to 4.5 and us taking our chances.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... team2_id=4

Last year we were 6.13 to 14.6 at 3/4 time before falling away.
Quinton Narkle jumped up with 27 possessions, 12 score involvements (Second only to Ablett) and 8 clearances. (most of his clearances around the ground). He'll be confident playing against us.
They had Kelly and Parfitt last time who both played very well against us.
We've added Liam Jones, Jack Martin, Betts, Docherty

I'd put Ed on Danger at the centre bounces. Danger had 5 centre clearances last time and from memory killed us running out of the middle. Lets see who they put on Cripps if Danger is locked away.
As mentioned above, the Pittonet/Stanley match up will be huge. Both have shown an ability to win the clearance which is crucial on this ground.
My prediction? If we can get on a roll of reasonable accuracy, we'll be well in the game.

Sit Curnow on Dangerfield, but who sits on Selwood, Duncan and Stevens.

I want to see Gibbons play on Selwood (not a hard tag) but match him around the ground...simple instructions 1) attack ball when you can 2) when we've lost ball, find Selwood and stay near him and 3) when we have ball, forget Selwood and link up (but as soon as we lose ball which is highly likely) find Selwood

Reckon Gibbo has a bit of spunk and cheek to piss off Selwood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

I want to see Cunners given some extended time on ball. He was drafted as a midfielder and has never really had a shot at playing midfield. He was BOG at half time against Richmond last year and then got injured again. I see a genuine midfielder in him and we are crying out for someone to step up until some of the younger guys mature

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

jake_h03 wrote:
I want to see Cunners given some extended time on ball. He was drafted as a midfielder and has never really had a shot at playing midfield. He was BOG at half time against Richmond last year and then got injured again. I see a genuine midfielder in him and we are crying out for someone to step up until some of the younger guys mature

Spot on !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

I want the Blues to win so much tonight.
The amount of pity and condescension I have received this week from work colleagues who are Gnat supporters has been really galling.
I so hope the Almighties can get the points tonight.
GO BLUES! :fight:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10