Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
Will be the first one i don't fly across for in at least 5 years

Means we will win.

Good

Stay in WA

Not only does it rhyme, we want the win....anything that helps

Thanks Gro :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Got tickets- check.
Excited - check
We will win - check.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
Got tickets- check.
Excited - check
We will win - check.

Got protection - Checkmate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Hey....

that's not bad Sombre...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluegirl72 wrote:
Got tickets- check.
Excited - check
We will win - check.

Good.
I ended up getting a ticket too.
I will be sitting by myself but that doesn't bother me.
There weren't too many tickets left when I booked and the prices are ridiculous.
The cheapest were $45 for the back rows of level 4.
I got one towards the front of level 4 for $55.
Bloody criminal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

That sucks kezza!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
Hey....

kindest regards tommi

Thanks, Tommy.

Not as good as the Keays/undecided link in recruitment I thought you would have worked out....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

MAAATE....

I can't be everywhere...plus I set my limit
to 10 Sombre posts daily...some have
to miss out brother...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
tommi wrote:
Hey....

kindest regards tommi

Thanks, Tommy.

Not as good as the Keays/undecided link in recruitment I thought you would have worked out....

I didn't understand it, or I would have thought it was good too. (I think...) :grin: :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Con-DOM...!

kindest regards tommi

I've just gone back 15 years...!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Both LOB and Stocker left out of the squad to play Freo which probably rules them out of Rd 1 contention. Poison selected ahead of them which is disappointing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 pm 
Robert Walls

Humpers wrote:
Both LOB and Stocker left out of the squad to play Freo which probably rules them out of Rd 1 contention. Poison selected ahead of them which is disappointing.

They play different positions. Polson is being trialled as a back pocket. I don’t think there’d be much point in including either LOB or Stocker to play there.

And it’s up to LOB and Stocker to move themselves into contention, no more just getting a game on where you were drafted. And I say this thinking that both will end up being good players. They have the attributes, they just have to keep working on it.

If Newnes has been better than LOB then LOB needs to work harder to get back ahead.

Stocker apparently still hasn’t got his aerobic capacity to the right levels.

I think we’ll be playing the preseason as close to what we want to do in round 1 as possible. No games into kids this year. I feel like Teague and co want the preparation to get as much cohesion between team mates as they can. Something our injury plagued list hasn’t had much of a chance to do.

The selected team backs and mids looks very much like the team I think will play round one.

With
SPS the seventh defender on the bench
Cripps and Murphy back in the middle pushing Fisher out.

The forwards could be significantly different.

McGovern for Lang
McKay seems to be firming miraculously, so he could be in for TDK
Betts pushes Gibbons to the bench.

Ends with a bench of Murphy, Gibbons, SPS and Williamson

Lots of talk of Philp who could be the debut wildcard, injecting some youth, pace and excitement into the more mature line up.

Which could mean all of Fisher, LOB, Dow and Stocker starting in the VFL. No reason why these bloke can’t put on a show and dominate and push their way back in playing at that level. Which means anyone not performing will have talented players ready to take their spot... if they want it badly enough. This is how it should be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 am 
Stephen Kernahan

toddkurnski wrote:
Humpers wrote:

They play different positions. Polson is being trialled as a back pocket. I don’t think there’d be much point in including either LOB or Stocker to play there.

And it’s up to LOB and Stocker to move themselves into contention, no more just getting a game on where you were drafted. And I say this thinking that both will end up being good players. They have the attributes, they just have to keep working on it.

If Newnes has been better than LOB then LOB needs to work harder to get back ahead.

I think we’ll be playing the preseason as close to what we want to do in round 1 as possible. No games into kids this year. I feel like Teague and co want the preparation to get as much cohesion between team mates as they can. Something our injury plagued list hasn’t had much of a chance to do.

The selected team backs and mids looks very much like the team I think will play round one.

With

McGovern for Lang

Lots of talk of Philp who could be the debut wildcard, injecting some youth, pace and excitement into the more mature line up.

Which could mean all of Fisher, LOB, Dow and Stocker starting in the VFL. No reason why these bloke can’t put on a show and dominate and push their way back in playing at that level. Which means anyone not performing will have talented players ready to take their spot... if they want it badly enough. This is how it should be.

Nice post.
Interesting about Philps.
Fisher's name is on everybody's lips as the one who came back the best and is training the house down. Based solely on that, I'd be surprised if he doesn't play BUT it's a great position we find ourselves in to be having this discussion at all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
tommi wrote:
Hey....

kindest regards tommi

Thanks, Tommy.

I didn't understand it, or I would have thought it was good too. (I think...) :grin: :oops:

Jim Keays headed up this great 60's band, The Master's Apprentices. This is their first single, 'Undecided'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnMytzzcRGI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
tommi wrote:
Hey....

kindest regards tommi

Thanks, Tommy.

Jim Keays headed up this great 60's band, The Master's Apprentices. This is their first single, 'Undecided'

Brilliant. Thanks. Great way to start the day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

toddkurnski wrote:
Humpers wrote:

With

McGovern for Lang

Good analysis toddy.

Stocker started the preseason in tip top form, physically matching it in contests with Cripps
LOB's running and kicking improved and looked ahead of the pack.
Dow's kicking style has changed with more control and he looks stronger
Fisher came back in best shape and most noted by players.

They are not far away from selection, and all have a case to be selected.

Point is 30 into 22 wont go, so the competition for spots is something players have to get use to throughout this and upcoming years.

Plilps pace is obviously noticeable.

Too early to know what this weekends selections means for round 1.
I think we have to wait to see what happens in the next game, the one closer to round 1 han this one.

Apart from the injured Charlie and Kemp, missing from this game, alon with Stocker and LOB are:

Marchbank
McGovern
McKay
SPS
Murphy
Betts
Cripps

I'm sure most of the above will play in the Brizzy game, and I expect at least LOB to play too, so there's plenty of changes from this weeks game let alone the round 1 probables.

I'm also sure the selectors have an idea of their top 25 but want a look at all players against serious opposition. Williamson showed last week, it only takes one game to show your wares and sway the selection pendulum your way.

They all belomg for one reason or another...even Honey and Cottrell

This is fantastic for Carlton.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Humpers wrote:
Posted elsewhere too...
Stocker, LOB are with NB tonight...
I may be missing something, but I think Moore is playing with the Blues in WA this week while Cunico, Sturgess are in the NBs for tonight....
I may have missed it... But no sign of Webb? (not injured again?)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ignore... Missed it. He's done a hammy

Thanks CB

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
tommi wrote:
Hey....

kindest regards tommi

Thanks, Tommy.

Great. I saw them live with The Twilights. I think it was one of my first gigs. I was about 13.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:46 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Well, our form as a team is pretty ordinary at the moment.

You never know though...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next