Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:29 am 
Rod Ashman

I think a lot of the blowtorch should be applied to the players.
BUT, part of the reason I have flipped from supporting Teague to thinking he should go is that when watching the match footage, it appears that the players as a team don’t really know where to go or where to be at various moments when we or they have the ball, especially when the opposition have it.
This is part of the reason we are looking flat footed and caught out.
Of course, the other part is that we stop running when the ball moves slightly out of our area but I think that is also part of the training.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:52 am 
Garry Crane

bondiblue wrote:
I can't disagree with the yellow.

I can’t read the yellow.

People - can we stop using yellow to highlight text?

Or is it only unreadable to me because I use my phone? Or do I need to adjust my settings somewhere?

Carlton keeps losing - I am so confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:29 am 
Geoff Southby

sammywaslow wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I can't disagree with the yellow.

I can’t read the yellow.

People - can we stop using yellow to highlight text?

Or is it only unreadable to me because I use my phone? Or do I need to adjust my settings somewhere?

Carlton keeps losing - I am so confused.

All good, this is what it was.

Quote:
Someone needs to tell Cripps there is 80k paying members who are not having fun watching this $H!t they are producing weekly, so have some respect and act like you give a shit about our club, its history and its members who pay your wage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

As many have said, the culture at this club has been a problem for years.

Remember when Gibbs went to Adelaide? Played a few senior games and was dropped to the ressies to develop his defensive game. Anyone who had watched Gibbs at Carlton knew he didn't work hard enough when he didn't have the ball, same with Murphy. I used to get so frustrated with their lack of urgency when the opposition had the ball. Not their fault, they were allowed to get away with playing lazy football. Culture.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueJean wrote:
Lethal Leigh says....Teague should walk.

No he said Lethal would walk if he was under a review because he would feel the Board has no faith and pride would be stung.

Different levels of pride for Matthews and Teague (4 premierships v zilch) so easy for him to say.

But yes Teague should resign.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:06 am 
Rod Ashman

Nick wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

No he said Lethal would walk if he was under a review because he would feel the Board has no faith and pride would be stung.

Different levels of pride for Matthews and Teague (4 premierships v zilch) so easy for him to say.

4 Premierships as a coach + 4 as a player + 8 B&Fs (in pretty handy teams) + Official Legend…

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:59 am 
Bruce Doull

Nick wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

If all coaches resigned when therewas a football department review then Damien Hardwick would be a zero times premiership coach.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:02 am 
Harry Vallence

Wojee wrote:
Nick wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

If all coaches resigned when therewas a football department review then Damien Hardwick would be a zero times premiership coach.

You do realise when hardwick was reviewed that had made finals for a few years
Bomber Thompson made finals when he was reviewed

So completely different in class

We can’t even win 2 games in a row more than once in a season
We can’t even win 3 games in a row In a season

We have the worse 1st qtr , 2qtr

As I have said previously it wasn’t his fault 2 years ago when he first got appointed , because there was no proper due diligence done on the football dept and coaching back then

And now unfortunately, you can’t trust him for the next 3
Years ( our final window ) before we have to start again if we don’t get any success in the next few years

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:13 am 
Bruce Doull

That's nice and all, but if all coaches resigned when the football department was under review then Damien Hardwick would be a zero times premiership coach.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Not saying Teague should resign because he’s under review.

Saying he should resign because he’s no good ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

As I've said before, I look at the players and they just look like they don't know what to do or where to go in various scenarios.
OR... they do know, but don't want to or are too unfit to (except this happens in the 1st quarter...).
It's like a bunch of 18 individuals Vs a team.
That is why we so often look flat footed and regularly make DUMB decisions with or without the ball!

To me, I've come around to believing that Teague is not the guy. I thought he was. Now I think I was wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

17th Premiership wrote:
As I've said before, I look at the players and they just look like they don't know what to do or where to go in various scenarios.
OR... they do know, but don't want to or are too unfit to (except this happens in the 1st quarter...).
It's like a bunch of 18 individuals Vs a team.
That is why we so often look flat footed and regularly make DUMB decisions with or without the ball!

To me, I've come around to believing that Teague is not the guy. I thought he was. Now I think I was wrong.

Earlier this year, I was thinking that he should remain as we don’t want to go through yet another change but the listless performances over the last few weeks may have sealed his fate. Also, the footage in the media during the week of our defensive frailties are particularly damning. Don’t think he can recover from this. Unfortunately you get exposed when you are not quite up to it and working in a club with such a poor culture.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

WOW wrote:
Also, the footage in the media during the week of our defensive frailties are particularly damning.

That's what gets me, every footy show in the land has been highlighting what's going wrong yet Carlton still play the same every week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

I don’t know if this is anywhere else but i heard Michael Lombardi this morning on sen.
His belief and expectations on what drives a winning culture, very inspirational.
In a nut shell accountability, ruthlessness for success, demand for excellence, even when you are not expected to win you need to strive to win continuously. He talked about not building a team of skilled players but a team of players that are conditioned to win.
Sounded like everything Carlton is not.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:38 pm 
Serge Silvagni

redback wrote:
I don’t know if this is anywhere else but i heard Michael Lombardi this morning on sen.
His belief and expectations on what drives a winning culture, very inspirational.
In a nut shell accountability, ruthlessness for success, demand for excellence, even when you are not expected to win you need to strive to win continuously. He talked about not building a team of skilled players but a team of players that are conditioned to win.

Mick Malthouse will tell you that and he is not very well liked around here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

BlueJean wrote:
redback wrote:

Mick Malthouse will tell you that and he is not very well liked around here.

Nothing like malthouse.
I loath malthouse, at carlton his actions were all about himself to the detriment of or club.
Nothing to do with club success or the building of a successful culture.
Self centered damaged individual that tries to control everyone for his own selfish needs and to the point of everyone's else demise.
Why has no one in afl circles ever mentioned him as a mentor for any young coach.
Drainer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:25 am 
formerly Fevola

I dont normally have rumours or am not in the know. But I got told something that sounds legitimate from someone in the corporate world with ties to Carlton. Apparently Brad Lloyd offered Ross Lyon the coaching job at Carlton. Ross Lyon said before he makes a decision, he wants Matthew Pavlich on the review panel. He wanted Matthew Pavlich to find out answers to his questions. ie Player contract details, what players are thinking etc. Pavlich and him are really close. Teague apparently found out during the bye round and effectively resigned. They had to rally to get him to stay but he is not happy as he knows this is not his team anymore. Ross Lyon has not agreed or declined as of yet, but is making a decision based on what he finds out. Dont know how true this is, but its what I heard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:59 am 
Ken Hunter

Wouldn't surprise me, does Pavlich have any other qualifications from the reviewer role?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

Involved in Adelaide review with Dunstall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
I dont normally have rumours or am not in the know. But I got told something that sounds legitimate from someone in the corporate world with ties to Carlton. Apparently Brad Lloyd offered Ross Lyon the coaching job at Carlton. Ross Lyon said before he makes a decision, he wants Matthew Pavlich on the review panel. He wanted Matthew Pavlich to find out answers to his questions. ie Player contract details, what players are thinking etc. Pavlich and him are really close. Teague apparently found out during the bye round and effectively resigned. They had to rally to get him to stay but he is not happy as he knows this is not his team anymore. Ross Lyon has not agreed or declined as of yet, but is making a decision based on what he finds out. Dont know how true this is, but its what I heard.

Thanks for sharing Drewgirl.

You can only report what you've heard. You wont be judged on the information.

Makes sense with all the rumours going around.

I must admit I don't like Lloyd making thsoe type of decisions given their relationship at Freo. Not sure how impartial Lloyd would be to make the right call.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 266  Next