Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

Yes players and coach largely deserving of the heat put on them at the moment but what about the head of football?
Has been there since end of 2018 season. Recommended Teague as senior coach to the board. Ticked off on McGovern and Williams big $$ deals. Missed the chance to turnover assistants at the end of last year.
Also deserving of some scrutiny but has avoided it by keeping out of the spot light

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
Personally I do not have an issue with the way Teague presents himself. If we were winning no-one would have anything to say and I think that is the bottom line. I have no reason to think Teague is not telling the truth with his statements and I have no issue with the game plan. So I disagree totally with those who criticize it or say we don't have one. The issue to me is synergy between the players. Now more than ever the players are adjusting constantly within the game to what the opposition are doing, who is on the field at any time and where they are playing (their role). Teague is in his third season as coach remembering his first he took over after the start of the season. Last year was a right off in terms of drills as the team couldn't train together for most of it. Also without our own reserves (none last year) development of players has been stunted or at best slow. Now we have our own seconds this should start to pay dividends. And finally we have had a bad run with injuries to players in our best 22 and are having to constantly change the team. None of this helps to improve team synergy. I would also add that given none of the media experts(?) tipped us to finish in the final 8 why is there such hysteria. Apart from the Collingwood game we are wining what they expected.

Good post. :thumbsup:

The main issue discussed since Teagues interview is that there is compelling reasons to think players are playing injured. The elephant in the room is Cripps. He can't bend over to pick up a ground ball.

Furthermore, Teague has a bit of a track record for not telling the truth. He said Cripps was fine in first 2 rounds, then we hear from the media, which he only this week admitted to, that Cripps had a back injury and needed injections.

Teague not having an idea if Cripps back is injured, fractured etc is not believable. Every coach knows everything there is to know about each player, in particular his best 22.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Teague not having an idea if Cripps back is injured, fractured etc is not believable. Every coach knows everything there is to know about each player, in particular his best 22.

He's only as good as our medical staff. I could tell you some stories about their ineptitude that would make your head spin.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

He's only as good as our medical staff. I could tell you some stories about their ineptitude that would make your head spin.

From what I know about you and your connections to the club, you probably could.

My point is simple. If you're going to lie, do it so well it will never be known.

The lies from round 1 and 2 were admitted to. The club and coach lose cred by doing it.

GO BLUES

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:

My point is simple. If you're going to lie, do it so well it will never be known.

The lies from round 1 and 2 were admitted to. The club and coach lose cred by doing it.

Absolutely
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:42 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

We must be hearing similar things

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

please do

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

JK wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

We must be hearing similar things

give us overseas supporters some info?

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Bondi, Teague lost me during the week of the Freo game after our loss to the Filth when on the back of that loss Plowman , Murphy and Newnes should have been dropped given the lack of effort shown in that game and a statement early in the season should have been set, but instead it was our kids that copped it as usual.
The lies and lack of selection integrity from David lost me.
He has done nothing since then to even sway me back.

Plowman has a very good record against Walters. They made the correct decision not to drop him for the Freo game.

Maybe. Deano's point is about making a statement early in the season. Good point. It didn't have to be Plowman, it could have been Murphy and Newnes.

Are you suggesting the MC vetoed Teague when you refer to "they"?

said he doesn't like making statements...oh, unless they're "low hanging fruit" statements

he says the wrong things.

hes really annoyed me today and even moreso with the reminders of his misgivings.

yes, that press conference was a bit of a car crash. i felt as though he was really disconnected from the club. maybe he has been given his marching orders for the end of the season, which is the only reason i can think for such a poor performance

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:37 am 
Craig Bradley

Teague is losing me more and more by the day. He’s just so uninspiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:53 am 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
I thought him and Doc didn't get along from Doc's time at Brisbane?

And given how careful we have to be not to hurt our leaders' feelings, I'd be surprised if we managed this.

(or was it Vossy?)

Doch was out of there even before Leppa was coach.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:54 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Don't mind that idea at all Bondi. I think we need to start with the footy manager position as well.

A bloke like Leppa has the knack to get everyone on side, not at the cost of being open and honest, coach like.
I have no doubt coaching staff would pick his brain even if he was Football Mananger.

He was a coach and probably still could be, if the 1995 side was still around.

But if he's available for the Assistants gig, and or mentor role for Teague, get him!
Find a way to pay him handsomely to get us The Holy Grail, and keep him.

He's a 3 time Premiership AA FB/CHB/CHF freak.

He has too much knowledge and integrity to come to us .. our football dept is a basket case

We ain’t that lucky

Watch this space.

Of field recruiting has nothing to do with luck.

Leppa doesn't think we are that far off.
Now that the media are starting to sing that tune, perhaps you could look at that as a sign that Carlton supporters were baited by the media as to how bad things are at Carlton.

I remember getting belted a few games under Bolton with his ultra defensive game plans despite only allowing the opposition to kick less than 100 points. We would only kick 3-4 goals. Do you remember the 10 goal losses? They were pretty common as were our quarter fade outs.

Over the last 2 years we have not lost a game by more than 5 goals. Not sure if any other team can boast the same. A lot of games we lost by less than a goal. What that tells you is despite losing concentration/ fitness/ injury for a period to a 5 goal run we have improved immensely, and as all the scribes (except Robbo) have been saying is that that can be fixed...and I know that, and have said so all year long.

Our surge up the ladder starts after this week with the return of injured personnel and current players getting over their niggles...who knows, may even start this week.

In the last

I guess on the flip side how math times have we had runs where we have kicked 5 unanswered goals?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:14 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Knock Knock...

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I am certain our issue is coaching.

There is no system. Our player have no idea where their team mates are going to be when they win the ball.

We will kick goals and win games based on individuals. But we don't have a system that the players can bank on when it goes to shit.

I've never been surer that it's coaching and strategy. Not selections. Not individual ability.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluehammer wrote:

There is no system. Our player have no idea where their team mates are going to be when they win the ball.

We will kick goals and win games based on individuals. But we don't have a system that the players can bank on when it goes to shit.

I've never been surer that it's coaching and strategy. Not selections. Not individual ability.

1000%

Going to the game live against Essendon* was the realisation for me. And now I can’t unsee it. We either have a terrible system, or a system that the players are unable to implement effectively for whatever reason. Either way, it comes back to the coach

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

jake_h03 wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

1000%

Going to the game live against Essendon** was the realisation for me. And now I can’t unsee it. We either have a terrible system, or a system that the players are unable to implement effectively for whatever reason. Either way, it comes back to the coach

Unsurprising that there’s a breakdown at middle management after the club brought in Playfair as a toe cutter.

What needs to be asked is why everyone got a free pass for COVID.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluehammer wrote:

Our biggest issue is a cultural one

They simply do not know how to win

We have lost that winning culture and have no belief

Losing consistently for 20 years is like a cancer

Whenever we get into a winning position, we generally go into our shells and allow other teams to sniff an opportunity

The amount of 4 - 5 goal losses highlights this view

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Any journalist: [insert question, any question at all here]

Teague: “UHHHHEEEEEUHHHHAAAAAEEEMMMMMMMHH”

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluehammer wrote:

I am certain this statement is rubbish! 1000% rubbish in fact. It is very difficult with significant numbers of players going in and out of the side due to injury and poor form to be a cohesive team. That doesn't mean there is no system. And to prove my point if there was NO system we would get smashed every week. Get our best 22 fit and playing together consistently and we would be winning a lot more games. For now we need to persist and determine which players are willing to work hard. Better transition and defensive efforts would be a good start.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Conceded 90+ points in all but two games this season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 266  Next