Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
More beers practice, according to Cripps

That really was a strange thing to say when we are dealing with a lazy club.

May as well share a few bongs and eat a few pizzas; same kind of discipline as their on field performance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

grrofunger wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
I saw enough Freo games under Ross Lyon to be very very wary of that choice.

Please explain

Miserable players, negative football, flooding the D50

Sure we wont leak goals but we wont score either.

The fans hated it, they were awful to watch for a long time and they weren't winning.

Just like everyone hated Bolton and his defensive focuses.

Which players were miserable? I don't recall the aints losing any players they wanted to lose when he was there and I don't recall Freo losing any either?
I know the old if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa saying, but a small smidgen of luck and he'd be a 3 time premiership coach.
I'm on the Ross bandwagon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

I’m not sure about Ross and my preference is for Buckley but would put up with a dour defensive game style devised by either if it meant we won games and weren’t out of contention for finals in about round 4 every year

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:

I had to stop watching when he said after they review the game, that as long as we stick together and come back to training and have some fun. Then he clarified it by saying one thing this group is good at, is we're close and we have a lot of fun.
And to make it worse he couldn't wipe the smirk off his smug face.
WTF.......this is the problem and this is what Teague has brought to our club, fun over accountability.
Someone needs to tell Cripps there is 80k paying members who are not having fun watching this $H!t they are producing weekly, so have some respect and act like you give a shit about our club, its history and its members who pay your wage.
You have fun when you're winning.
Trade Cripps and sakc Teague, if they want to have fun go and play community football.
Two years ago the tail wagged the dog and now we are paying for it, again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:40 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Sidefx wrote:
CK95 wrote:

I had to stop watching when he said after they review the game, that as long as we stick together and come back to training and have some fun. Then he clarified it by saying one thing this group is good at, is we're close and we have a lot of fun.
WTF.......this is the problem and this is what Teague has brought to our club, fun over accountability.
Someone needs to tell Cripps there is 80k paying members who are not having fun watching this $H!t they are producing weekly, so have some respect and act like you give a shit about our club, its history and its members who pay your wage.
Trade Cripps and sakc Teague, if they want to have fun go and play community football.

What’s also annoying is that the club always say we only care about what’s ‘inside the four walls of the club’. Well you are at long last all getting found out for poor practices and mismanagement at an alarming scale!! Transparency!! I love it!! People power!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:41 pm 
Ken Hands

If we are to replace Teague I would prefer Don Pyke , smart man by all accounts. Would have learnt heaps from the debacle that was Adelaide and now is assisting Longmire at Sydney ( one of the best going around atm . ) I’m sure he would be soaking up every bit of footy knowledge from him as he could .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

frank dardew wrote:
I’m not sure about Ross and my preference is for Buckley but would put up with a dour defensive game style devised by either if it meant we won games and weren’t out of contention for finals in about round 4 every year

Ross is a bit unlucky. Ball bounces the other way and he is a legend.

Of all the ex coaches who aren't a head coach right now, he does strike me as the best candidate. And I think we all agree we need an experienced coach this time around.

Remember, Ross was an astute coach. He innovated big time by creating the press defence.
Go look at AFL Tables, the matches played in 2009. Look at scores for St Kinda games especially early in the season. Look at the half time scores. What St Kilda did that year was amazing. In so many games that year at half time they had destroyed teams. They should have won the flag that year.
Lyon is unlucky.
Maybe he will get his second chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:29 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Get Ross

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:09 pm 
John Nicholls

Yep. He has a hard edge. His piercing expression and demeanour remind me of Ken Hinkley. They aren't overtly threatening but you just know they are cauliflower that mean business and you better get on board or life will not be pleasant.

We need to sort the wheat from the chaff. If players sook it up, they leave. Sometimes you gotta retreat in a battle to win the war.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
CK95 wrote:

I can't disagree with the yellow.

The red ... its exactly what I've been thinking...walshy (TC poster) should consider this as what's happened. Not fact, but...

I like the whole post

I'm feeling really :mad: , so I prefer not to yell on this respected forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Buckley

Lyon

Pyke

Anyone of them would be better than the player voted coach.

What was I thinking when I jumped on the Teague train? I wasn't.

Proper process to find best coach available is key.

Players have let Teaguey down, but its his own making...lazy footballers who Teague selects week in week out...and if its true he pushed for Martin to be selected when russell didn't think so...well its time to push Martin to the reserves...this week!...This is Carlton territory, not Teague territory. Shape up or continue to make a fool of yourself because you have Teague's backing.

Teague isn't into making statement ... then after the players have let him down week in week out because he wont make a statement, Teague can fall on his sword. Sucked in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:05 pm 
Banned

You dont yell and be hard ass at players when confidence and morale is down. That needs to be selective.

You yell and be hard ass when the team is doing well to get better and better and not get complacent.... but we are a while off that yet.

When the team is winning games and Teague is not demanding better is when you worry.

I will reiterate we are travelling as expected. Great epiphany moment for the club and will go on from strength to strength from here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Yep. He has a hard edge. His piercing expression and demeanour remind me of Ken Hinkley. They aren't overtly threatening but you just know they are cauliflower that mean business and you better get on board or life will not be pleasant.

We need to sort the wheat from the chaff. If players sook it up, they leave. Sometimes you gotta retreat in a battle to win the war.

Its what these passengers who are paid first class to be confronted with.

They are taking the MICKEY.

Reserves time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:47 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Its what these passengers who are paid first class to be confronted with.

They are taking the MICKEY.

Reserves time.

Toxic culture bondi...a lack of selection integrity can do that in a football club. Teague is not a man-manager's bootlace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 pm 
Robert Walls

Wasn’t Bolton selected with a proper process?

I find the whole journey of finding a coach a bit of close your eyes and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Lethal Leigh says....Teague should walk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Great epiphany moment for the club and will go on from strength to strength from here.

I think so too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:28 pm 
Robert Walls

BlueJean wrote:

Lethal Leigh is right

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 pm 
Banned

Juanita Jones wrote:
Wasn’t Bolton selected with a proper process?

I find the whole journey of finding a coach a bit of close your eyes and hope for the best.

Other than Rattens sacking which was disgraceful all other sackings were correct.

If you lose the players or not in alignment with the board you are good as gone. Malthouse lost the board and Bolton lost the players no one could predict it.

I don't think Teague has to worry about the above. He can only work within the constraints of football programs set by Football Manager and Football Director.

Players look up to him as past player and B&F at the club and relates well with players.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:41 pm 
Serge Silvagni

99prelim wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

Lethal Leigh is right

He sure is!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 266  Next