Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 pm 
Ken Hands

Trigger wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Congrats to David Teague for however long this lasts. I think I would have preferred them to leave no stone unturned and interview more than 2 people, but hey... I'm sure we know the answer but will never hear it.

What stone unturned, give me some examples of supercoaches out in the industry, educate us. You obviously know more than the experts about what is out there !!
Before you answer , how about give tc'ers your qualifications re interview processes cfc went thru!!

Please enlighten us idiots!!

Speak for yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

DocSherrin III wrote:
Trigger wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Congrats to David Teague for however long this lasts. I think I would have preferred them to leave no stone unturned and interview more than 2 people, but hey... I'm sure we know the answer but will never hear it.

What stone unturned, give me some examples of supercoaches out in the industry, educate us. You obviously know more than the experts about what is out there !!
Before you answer , how about give tc'ers your qualifications re interview processes cfc went thru!!

ok :| I'll say it again. I would have preferred them to interview more than two people. Just my opinion. There are other coaches out there. I'm not advocating those coaches get the job, but it's nice to get some different perspectives on list, coaching and playing style. It's for your own knowledge as much as it is their experience. Other than that - I like the appointment. Hope he does well.

I agree Doc. Maybe we’ll find out more when the official announcement is made, but if The Age article is correct, I’m disappointed. Not about the outcome, but about the process. It’s the most important appointment at the club and we only spoke to 1 person outside of the club?! Exhaustive processes are obviously out of fashion.

As I’ve said before, we have no choice but to trust the selection panel and hope like @#$%&! they know what they are doing....

Last edited by aboynamedsue on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

We got the Teague the whole Teague and nothing but the Teague. :thanks:
So help us SOS :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:02 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I am so pissed off at the decision to get Teague...worst decision ever... the Guy can't kick, he is not big enough for a KPP, and obviously the Kangaroos didn't rate him much, so why waste a pick on him? He is an average Defender....not in my best 22.

That was me back in 2004.... How time flies so quick.....Whilst the guy still couldn't kick, he proved to be a very courageous player and was more than serviceable for us, and to top it all of, He Won the best and fairest that year-2004. So, in short, he proved me Wrong....

I pray that once again, You can prove me Wrong Teaguey... Welcome aboard....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thanks again Adelaide :thumbsup:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Trigger wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

ok :| I'll say it again. I would have preferred them to interview more than two people. Just my opinion. There are other coaches out there. I'm not advocating those coaches get the job, but it's nice to get some different perspectives on list, coaching and playing style. It's for your own knowledge as much as it is their experience. Other than that - I like the appointment. Hope he does well.

I agree Doc. Maybe we’ll find out more when the official announcement is made, but if The Age article is correct, I’m disappointed. Not about the outcome, but about the process. It’s the most important appointment at the club and we only spoke to 1 person outside of the club?! Exhaustive processes are obviously out of fashion.

As I’ve said before, we have no choice but to trust the selection panel and hope like @#$%&! they know what they are doing....

Well it sounds like they made enquiries to potential 'names' but presumably none were available. Voss may have been the only other assistant they felt would be a worthwhile alternative to Teague.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Very happy.

My choice.

The people's choice

The media's choice.

The Crows players' choice.

The Carlton players' choice.

North Melboourne legends' choice.

What's there to discuss?

Is there a better candidate out there?
99.9% of footy world don't think there is either.

The Cripps-Doc Teague train.
The MDG Judd Liddle train.
The SOS Agresta Andrew Russell train.

I'm aboard

After this years list turnover the club has presented the new coach with 45 new players which includes 20 first round picks who want to be at Carlton and a few stalwarts in Murphy Kreuzer Simmo and Ed. On a platter.

Pressure is on Teague to deliver 17th Flag next year.
Do you thing SOS and Russell.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

I have seen this announcement everywhere today - except the Carlton FC website.

I really want to see the official announcement

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Can't be unhappy with this appointment. A proven assistant coach, now a proven even if on P plates senior coach. Like the way he goes about things. Now to get him a good assistant coach / mentor.

Go Teaguey

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 pm 
Robert Walls

Now, where is that Blueman prophecy?

Feelgood Hit of the Winter - GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, AOD-9604, Humanofort and Hexarelin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Young and wears glasses...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GMCbris wrote:

I can just see it now...

Mark LoGiudice: 'Hi Bruce...yes...David interviewed particularly well...well...now hang on Bruce...I think we should get a definite no from Alistair before we do that...no Bruce...no...he didn't...well - he told me to @#$%&! off, but he certainly didn't rule it out...yes Bruce...yes...he's sitting right next to me'

Juddy: 'Hi Bruce - how's the weather up there today?'

Bruce Mathieson: 'Tell that @#$%&! muppet next to you to appoint Teague in the next 24 hours or he can forget about being President after the AGM'

Juddy: Yes Bruce.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm 
Horrie Clover

yes very young, has a calm manner and wants the kids to play for the jumper.

just need a boom recruit and a war......if you know what i mean.

congrats teaguey!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

DocSherrin III wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

I can just see it now...

Mark LoGiudice: 'Hi Bruce...yes...David interviewed particularly well...well...now hang on Bruce...I think we should get a definite no from Alistair before we do that...no Bruce...no...he didn't...well - he told me to @#$%&! off, but he certainly didn't rule it out...yes Bruce...yes...he's sitting right next to me'

Bruce Mathieson: 'Tell that @#$%&! muppet next to you to appoint Teague in the next 24 hours or he can forget about being President after the AGM'

:lol:

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Kingy and Sellers on 360 articulated exactly what I've been thinking. They were 100% correct.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

Maybe they could have interviewed Roy Rogers.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 pm 
Horrie Clover

As a 50 year plus rusted on supporter...….great decision. Btw Vale Polly- second best ruckman I've seen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DocSherrin III wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

I can just see it now...

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Duke wrote:
Kingy and Sellers on 360 articulated exactly what I've been thinking. They were 100% correct.

What did they say?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

DocSherrin III wrote:
Trigger wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

:thumbsup: :clap:

You're all class Doc.

And congratulations to Teague the tank engine, I hope you're successful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 266  Next