Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

buzzaaaah wrote:
He just said he'd consider it

LMHO if Lyon came over in some sort of capacity but more importantly, brings his best mate back as well. :razz:

Blue Vain wrote:
Teague may well have the capacity to be a good tactician down the track but he needs to harden the @#$%&! up. Our players play the football he allows them to.
Not running defensively, not attacking the ball sufficiently, playing selfish football. It's all being validated by the failure to drop the culprits. He can blame the players in his presser but actions tell the story.

Bingo. :thumbsup:

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
Lyon won't join the club due to the SOS issue... they are best mates.

Let's get both of them :thumbsup: :garthp:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 pm 
Banned

CFC8795 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Let's get both of them :thumbsup: :garthp:

SOS has business interests and moved on rightly or wrongly I have no feeling about it tbh. Just backroom shenanigans dont know the full story all I know a key and senior person was sacked.

Lyon - thanks but no thanks.

Teague has enough in him to write his own legacy for the club. I would stick with a potential 15-20 year coach everyday of the week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

He will be lucky to last 10 weeks let alone 10 years if the team plays the rest of the season like it has for the first 12 weeks - the rest of the season has to be fundamentally different -another insipid performance against GWS next weekend will come close to sealing his fate
Every commentator talks about Carlton lacking a hard edge can’t defend and have a lot of talented footballers who are underperforming
Yes the players must take some responsibility BUT WHAT is the coach doing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:47 pm 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
He will be lucky to last 10 weeks let alone 10 years if the team plays the rest of the season like it has for the first 12 weeks - the rest of the season has to be fundamentally different -another insipid performance against GWS next weekend will come close to sealing his fate
Every commentator talks about Carlton lacking a hard edge can’t defend and have a lot of talented footballers who are underperforming

Don't agree there - H, Weitering and Walsh are performing above expectations. Our leaders in Docherty, Cripps and Murphy should be playing hard edge unconditionally.

The issues of underperformance is SPS and Dow... unfortunately not all picks are going to make it. Setterfield is a talent and needs to pull his finger out. Playing with a hard edge without midfield talent is kind of difficult and has been the story for years its not something that magically appeared this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Don't agree there - H, Weitering and Walsh are performing above expectations. Our leaders in Docherty, Cripps and Murphy should be playing hard edge unconditionally.

The issues of underperformance is SPS and Dow... unfortunately not all picks are going to make it. Setterfield is a talent and needs to pull his finger out. Playing with a hard edge without midfield talent is kind of difficult and has been the story for years its not something that magically appeared this year.

So let me get this right, Setterfield is a talent and needs to pull his finger out but Dow & SpS aren't talented? Now you lost me, sorry,
Our list is chock full of talent, it's just they haven't been developed very well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

So let me get this right, Setterfield is a talent and needs to pull his finger out but Dow & SpS aren't talented? Now you lost me, sorry,
Our list is chock full of talent, it's just they haven't been developed very well.

I agree with the underdevelopment but the last couple of years have been a shambles for development given the lack of hard consistent reserves games on top of injury issues.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/10/will-teague-be-coaching-carlton-in-2022/

Quote:
Former AFL recruiter Matt Rendell is predicting Carlton to part ways with senior coach David Teague at the end of the season.

Speaking on SEN’s Dwayne’s World, Rendell thinks a coach with a “hard edge” and better “footy IQ” like Alastair Clarkson is required to get the best out of Carlton’s list.

“Does Teague survive this review? I’m picking right here, right now he doesn’t,” Rendell said.

“What I watched of Carlton on the weekend, and I know a lot's been said, they need a hard edge in that team, and he (Clarkson) would provide it.

“I don’t think Teague is providing that hard edge in the coaching department. Their footy IQ was abysmal last weekend.

With regards to the list Teague has at his disposal

Quote:
Carlton with a change of coach and a real tough, mean mindset – which we know ‘Clarko’ will provide – they’re a real chance to finish in the top four with their list.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

I agree with you Surrey.

These players don't lose all their talent overnight. They may lose interest, confidence...but not talent.

Their coaches have failed them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:39 pm 
Banned

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

They're all talented - Setterfield has shown more as a 21 year old when he debut coming back from injury

Fogarty is same age as Dow and far exceeding him at the moment and been out of senior football for three years.

I think Dow and SPS are close to peaking as talents - they have 50 games under their belts and not shown much only glimpses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

They're all talented - Setterfield has shown more as a 21 year old when he debut coming back from injury

Fogarty is same age as Dow and far exceeding him at the moment and been out of senior football for three years.

I think Dow and SPS are close to peaking as talents - they have 50 games under their belts and not shown much only glimpses.

I am so confused too.
One minute they aren't talented, next minute they are.
Setterfield and Fogerty were both developed at clubs that can develop players before coming to Carlton, but now they are the bench mark even though the whole football world knows how bad we are at developing players and then playing them out of position.
:yikes:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:46 pm 
Banned

Sidefx wrote:
Walsh wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

I am so confused too.
One minute they aren't talented, next minute they are.
Setterfield and Fogerty were both developed at clubs that can develop players before coming to Carlton, but now they are the bench mark even though the whole football world knows how bad we are at developing players and then playing them out of position.
:yikes:

Will I think they are talented now but won't improve in future.. so in other words, not good enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:

Will I think they are talented now but won't improve in future.. so in other words, not good enough.

I reckon they will under a new coach, like Clarkson or Mitchell.
And if they don't, then move them on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:54 pm 
Banned

Sidefx wrote:
Walsh wrote:

I am sorry - to bring Clarkson or Mitchell in for SPS and Dow to the detriment of all others is kind of silly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Walsh wrote:

I am sorry - to bring Clarkson or Mitchell in for SPS and Dow to the detriment of all others is kind of silly.

How would this be to the detriment of all the other players, when they are clearly not playing for the coach they have.

I'm sorry to break it to you but he's already lost the playing group, we seen it on Sunday.
There were no hearts worn on sleeves in that game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:06 pm 
Horrie Clover

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Is that fact, or opinion.

You sound like Robbo, but he's a Carlton hater, and doesn't understand the business of football.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/09/ ... ospective/

Quote:
On the rumours that he would not take the Carlton job because of the ugly situation between the Blues and his close friend Stephen Silvagni, Lyon said he hadn’t considered the thought.

“The right principle is an AFL club rings you, you show the respect they deserve, and that’s my position,” he said.

Quote:
Journalist Sam McClure believes Lyon would be “the number one candidate” if Carlton moves on from David Teague.

Lyon said he would take the Blues’ call as well.

"It's not a simple, flippant, 'yeah, I'm interested', because they are big jobs and they need someone who's unconditional, committed," he said.

Like I always say, and I think its in my signature below...Don't believe anythiong the carlton haters say about Carlton. You'll probably find the worst offenders are actually Effendruggie supporters moreso than journalists.

Robbo can GAGF with all his opinions. He's sloppy, defensive, bias and just a plain old yobbo with position in a paper he has devalued since taking over from Mike Sheehan.

Lyon issue would be with Lloyd, not SOS, a new coach and footy manager would be very exciting for next year!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:08 pm 
Banned

Sure if they are able to ruck or play midfield and land a tackle and have good skills otherwise back to the drawing board again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:18 pm 
Horrie Clover

Walsh wrote:
Sure if they are able to ruck or play midfield and land a tackle and have good skills otherwise back to the drawing board again.

Walshy, if we had a respected and successful coach and footy manager we become a destination club, its that simple.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:19 pm 
Banned

Blue Tongue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Walshy, if we had a respected and successful coach and footy manager we become a destination club, its that simple.

We are already a destination club. No coach would be able to perform without a midfield is my point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Blue Tongue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

We are already a destination club. No coach would be able to perform without a midfield is my point.

And if he was a good coach, he would've said in both the end of year draft/trade and this years mid draft.......all I want is midfielders full stop.
But he clearly doesn't see that as our problem, in fact I doubt if he can even see any of the problems.
He looks so confused and out of his depth now the honey moon is over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 266  Next