Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:43 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
They also went Keto in terms of diet.

Once they got over the carb/sugar cravings and their bodies started running on ketones, their fitness skyrocketed.

I thought that was a while ago.
I remember talking to David Mission (the old elite performance manager for MFC) back in 2015 (I think) about it.
And then the next year I talked to him he said they had stopped it, because although some players reaped benefits quite a few others didn't.
Plus, I think now you'll find just as much information about full vegan diets improving athletes as you would keto, it's pretty individual and not that simple.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:56 pm 
John Nicholls

Sidefx wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Once they got over the carb/sugar cravings and their bodies started running on ketones, their fitness skyrocketed.

I remember talking to David Mission (the old elite performance manager for MFC) back in 2015 (I think) about it.
And then the next year I talked to him he said they had stopped it, because although some players reaped benefits quite a few others didn't.
Plus, I think now you'll find just as much information about full vegan diets improving athletes as you would keto, it's pretty individual and not that simple.

Yep, fair enough. I thought it was more recent but you're right it was a few years more than that. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Yep, fair enough. I thought it was more recent but you're right it was a few years more than that. :thumbsup:

Phew....my memory hasn't totally failed me then. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:
bender wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
We need to stop proving David King right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T8fmfqNcu0

geez, but they are all spot on with what they are saying, even monga tanga

i particularly liked what king said about asking saad to defend - makes me wonder what teague does, or what level of control / respect he has of the players

It seems that what King is saying is no secret to the players..

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/i-d ... 57y0l.html

Quote:
“If we can really nail down our defensive attitude and ability to number off when you can’t impact or influence the ball, I think that is going to go a long way,” Curnow said.

Ed said much the same thing a few weeks ago….

:confused:

so who is not listening / not implementing?

its a bloody shambles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
We're apparently conceding an average of 39.6 points during red-time this season.

That is a beyond @#$%&! disgraceful.

Would that be a physcial fitness issue or a mental issue? Or both do we think?
None...
Strategic and game plan...

Teams absorb our pressure and then counter when we're stuffed... Rotations/bench all plan for it...

We don't play momentum footy... Lack of game plan means excess effort
Teague is right about not doubting the players effort or commitment..

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:49 pm 
Robert Walls

rhino27 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
We're apparently conceding an average of 39.6 points during red-time this season.

Gameplan and lack of tempo footy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

99prelim wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Gameplan and lack of tempo footy
CORRECT!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:26 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sidefx wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Maybe this was Teague’s FU game to the players, maybe beforehand he told them he’d let them run the game however they want and if they win he’d leave them in control, but if they lost they agreed to just to whatever he to,d them too and play wherever he told them too.

I guess we’ll all know in two weeks time….

So are you suggesting he's playing 5D chess?

Let's say you are correct, it would have to be one of the worst leadership moves I've ever heard of in anything.
A betting move with players at the expense of not only your massive membership base but the wider football community is nothing short of being incapable to lead effectively and is a telling sign head coach is not your thing.

I never claimed it was a smart move…

Sorry Sinbagger, my response wasn't a personal attack.

No offence taken mate….

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:00 am 
Craig Bradley

Buckley to step down as coach of Carringbush I wonder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:16 am 
Bruce Doull

If we sack Teague now, I suspect there'll be another thread in 2-3 years where we're talking about sacking his successor.

How many coaches do you need to go through to realise that Carlton is well beyond "a new senior coach will fix things" levels of disrepair?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If you’re not the right person for the job you’re not the right person for the job.

You don’t keep someone on in the role in the hope they’ll come good.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:19 am 
Banned

AGRO wrote:
If you’re not the right person for the job you’re not the right person for the job.

40 games with 17 wins 23 losses far exceeds anything we have seen past few years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:25 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree about the Messiah complex thing at Carlton see Judd Pratt Malthouse but is Buckley a better coach than Teague and does he have better assistants around him -the objective answer is yes
Is he proven as a coach
What are Buckley’s strengths as a coach team defence finals experience player buy in to game plan
Ordinary players know where they stand when they come into team system a strong game plan and execution of that game plan over a number of years

These are all things we lack

I just reckon he is worthy of consideration

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:29 am 
Bruce Doull

Can't disagree with your logic Frank

The unlogical side of me just can't think of Buckley in Carlton colours though (and I actually really like Bucks)

Reckon he'll take a year or so off & do media anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:32 am 
Stephen Kernahan

History of not winning premierships?

Tick!

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 am 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:

True, and that should go for everyone, not just the head coach.
I've seen little to suggest that our assistants are earning their money.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree CK and I’m just speculating of course
The reason I was speculating about him for the last 6 weeks is that I thought this may happen ie he gets tipped out because of what was happening at Collingwood at board and executive level .
Leaving the Carringbush stain aside I actually think he is a good coach represents his club very well and seems to get somewhat ordinary sides playing to their capabilities .
I understand others won’t or don’t see it this way

People who work at Collingwood with him and around him think he is a really good guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:40 am 
Craig Bradley

I get it GWS but Micky had a history of winning them and that didn’t end so well
Also one amazing Don Sheed goal away from winning in 2018

I get some won’t support this for whatever reason I just objectively think this is worth considering

I get the Malthouse Pagan baggage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

frank dardew wrote:
I get it GWS but Micky had a history of winning them and that didn’t end so well
Also one amazing Don Sheed goal away from winning in 2018

I get some won’t support this for whatever reason I just objectively think this is worth considering

I get the Malthouse Pagan baggage

There is merit to what you are suggesting Frank.
Difference between Nathan and Mick and Denis is that they were both well past it. Nathan is still young.
I still prefer Ross myself though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:50 am 
Banned

Buckley is a toiler - best midfield in the competition for years and did nothing with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 266  Next