Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

The first thing Mitchell did at Box Hill was test the players physically during the pre season with continuous gut running drills to see who had the mental fortitude to push themselves to breaking point. The thought was that those who turned their toes up quicker than others would be found out in big games. Good way to sort the wheat from the chaff, and would be enlightening with our group if a similar experiment was run

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:47 pm 
Banned

Has to be beyond any reasonable doubt it has to be better than what we already have and quite frankly all the names out there fall short.

We have been robbing Peter to pay Paul for years without stability, continuity and opportunity to build a team culture. Enough with upheaval.

Work with what he have and improve everyone professionally, technically like a professional organisation. That will eventually reflect to on field performances.

If Teague has lost the players then ta ta. Only reason to replace him is poor dressing room atmosphere due to the head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:34 am 
Harry Vallence

deano35 wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
Someone please explain to me how every team we play can exit out of our F50 and get to their F50 without ANY pressure and we STILL allow a contested mark in their F50? What are we defending? Why haven’t we addressed this?

If all our issues are apparently due to our lack of midfield, as head coach, wouldn’t you prioritise having much more robust defensive structures that are actually AFL standard?

We have deep issues and it’s not all Teague’s fault but this has got untenable written all over it.

According to Teague in his presser during the week there's nothing wrong with our defensive strategies or system.
There's your problem

he is right - there cant be anything wrong with something that doesnt exist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:38 am 
Harry Vallence

cortez wrote:
Okay, so who do people think should be our next coach?

david noble - the carlton kangaroos....

seriously, sam mitchell or john blakey, but entice some pretty good assistants, and a director of coaching who isnt john worsfold

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:38 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
I'd interview Mitchell and Yze.
We need some strategic nous in the coaches box.

forgot about yze, good call

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The tackle count and continual number of free GWS players last night wreaked of a group playing for themselves, not the coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:47 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

deano35 wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
Someone please explain to me how every team we play can exit out of our F50 and get to their F50 without ANY pressure and we STILL allow a contested mark in their F50? What are we defending? Why haven’t we addressed this?

If all our issues are apparently due to our lack of midfield, as head coach, wouldn’t you prioritise having much more robust defensive structures that are actually AFL standard?

We have deep issues and it’s not all Teague’s fault but this has got untenable written all over it.

According to Teague in his presser during the week there's nothing wrong with our defensive strategies or system.
There's your problem

Delusions of grandeur.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:26 am 
Craig Bradley

JK wrote:
The first thing Mitchell did at Box Hill was test the players physically during the pre season with continuous gut running drills to see who had the mental fortitude to push themselves to breaking point. The thought was that those who turned their toes up quicker than others would be found out in big games. Good way to sort the wheat from the chaff, and would be enlightening with our group if a similar experiment was run

Some in our 'leadership' group may have a problem with that...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Teague's gone. Hope the club puts plenty of remaining time into finding his replacement. Judd was right.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

JK wrote:

If they didn't go crying to their managers to get them out, they'd still likely all do their ACL's.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:47 pm 
Garry Crane

MPH is spot on and exactly what I have been saying to myself all year..

How is it possible that every time we kick out of defence it goes to a contest???
EVERY FRIGGIN WEEK !!!
And when the other team kicks out of defence it goes to a free player on their team???

POOR POOR POOR COACHING !!!!

I was with Juddy and didn't want another inexperienced untried coach again after Bolton....
And yet here we are...
How F##n stupid are our board members.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

TrueQldBlue wrote:

How is it possible that every time we kick out of defence it goes to a contest???
EVERY FRIGGIN WEEK !!!
And when the other team kicks out of defence it goes to a free player on their team???

I was with Juddy and didn't want another inexperienced untried coach again after Bolton....
And yet here we are...
That is not coaching that is work rate and effort.
Players don't work hard enough to create a space or have 2 to 3 efforts they stand there and call for it and they are left with no option but to kick to a contest.
Racking up uncontested marks a disposals requires a lot of gut running and 2nd efforts which are players don't do.
JSOS pushed so hard to do this last night but the players found it so foreign they couldn't kick it to him.
One pass by Doc was atrocious.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

TrueQldBlue wrote:

EVERY FRIGGIN WEEK !!!

And yet here we are...

Yeah,investigation into the footy dept is a whitewash........They need to investigate themselves this board instead of looking for a poor mug to cop it in the neck................reckon Marco LoGo promising Lethlean the CEO gig and then crumbling to Kate Jenkins ( she's gone now ) was pathetic and i'm a Marco fan..........its that sort of wishy washy stuff that sets you up for a fall.Bad decisions always come back to bite you on the arse.

I actually feel sorry for Teague coz he comes across as a thoroughly decent human being.What will Teague be,scapegoat number what ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Anyone thinking that we'll bring Lyon in need to first consider what 'Carlton respects' will have to say about it.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:08 pm 
Garry Crane

Paddycripps wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

I think it stems from our midfield bombing it in so it mostly gets intercepted and ran straight out.
We should be looking laterally.
You often see a player 70meters out bombing on top of our forwards heads, and players like saad
Are 60 meters out other side of ground and we bomb instead of switching across the ground.
It’s pretty simple if you get a clearance and there’s a player on the Lead hit them up, if there’s no Lead look to attack from a different angle.

You're actually micro analysing? Seriously?

Seriously champ…

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

I would be throwing the kitchen sink at Leigh Mathews.
Bring him in as a director of football to sort out what the flower is going on. We could do a lot worse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:47 pm 
Serge Silvagni

daggs001 wrote:
I would be throwing the kitchen sink at Leigh Mathews.
Bring him in as a director of football to sort out what the flower is going on. We could do a lot worse.

:thumbsup:

Lethal is not even 70 yet. I was surprised when I found that out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We've all got our views on coaching and coaches, and do we have a game plan? Do we not? Is the problem with the plan or the execution? We don't know.

Except for this.

The one time you have complete control.

Kick outs after a behind and to a lesser extent after an intercept mark in D50.

I've watched sides, even crap ones, move the ball out with structure and purpose, knowing where their team mates are going to be. Perhaps you see what you want to see but our setup from a behind appears always the same, and basically, stupid.

Midfiled stoppages have a heap of variables. Kick outs really don't, and we have been poor - and shown up - time after time.

That's coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes and ours are d grade in an elite competition
Clean them all out

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
We've all got our views on coaching and coaches, and do we have a game plan? Do we not? Is the problem with the plan or the execution? We don't know.

Except for this.

The one time you have complete control.

Kick outs after a behind and to a lesser extent after an intercept mark in D50.

I've watched sides, even crap ones, move the ball out with structure and purpose, knowing where their team mates are going to be. Perhaps you see what you want to see but our setup from a behind appears always the same, and basically, stupid.

Midfiled stoppages have a heap of variables. Kick outs really don't, and we have been poor - and shown up - time after time.

That's coaching.
Teams get a lot more practice at their kick outs from behinds when they play us and to counter that teams never miss against us so we don't get much practice at it.

Maybe they don't practice it as they would be best spending that training time on some else

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 266  Next