Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
The above posts all pretty much say the same thing.

A little history. We for years have had a lack of depth in the midfield, so we recruit an abundance of young mids.

Result? Cannot let them all play and develop to AFL standard in the midfield, so they are played elsewhere hence the current mess.

Solution? I am not a professional but maybe trade out two (or three) for one better eg Dow and SPS for Cerra. Or similar.

Looks like you are on the money.

We do have an abundance of drafted mids who are not getting a game. So it makes sense to trade 2 for 1. The 2 you name have a lot of potential turning only 21 and 23 this year, but hey, someone must know if they are likely to make it. Many commentators/ recruiters have said that LOB wasn't a ball winner, and were surprised SOS took him....with 10 :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

In today's presser Teague used Ratten's old line "Early doors" when admitting the team hadn't progressed as quick as they expected/ liked.

Having said that, he did say progress is not linear, some other teams progressed quickly, but he's confident it will happen...the "Light Bulb" moment.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:08 pm 
Banned

He needs a win.

So expect the players to come out and execute the game plan close to its potential.

In other words if players want Teaguey around I expect them to put in a performance.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Understatement Walshy needs more than one win

Team seemed underprepared,underdeveloped and no viable game plan apart from that it’s going well

Should be terrified about tomorrow because just like the supporters he doesn’t know what he is going to get

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:00 am 
Craig Bradley

Completely agree. I can't help thinking he's already cooked, as we've gone 6-12 in our last 18 games, and only managed to beat Dockers and Suns twice, Essendon* and Sydney once. And that's with 3 young players performing at all-Australian level (Walsh, Weiters, Harry) and having sacrificed draft stock last year to bring in 3 senior players. Like most our supporters, I have no confidence we can beat the 2nd bottom team today. I suspect the players don't believe anymore either. It's not just that we're not winning instead of contending, we're going backwards at the moment. Coach has to take the blame for that, with the unsustainable brand we play.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

He must be nervous that half did nothing for his credibility and the last 30 secs even less

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

This a club issue

Doubt any coach would have much success at this club

The stain of losing has embedded itself at this club

Normally associated with a poor culture

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 4:38 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Shit win

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 4:55 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

That game was so hard to watch live.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 5:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Very hard given it was turnover city and the last 30 seconds of the second quarter was very hard to take
But at least we won and beat the Hawks not before time too we will need to play much better to beat Sydney

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

His post match press conferences are more about managing outside criticism and media comment at the moment.
With a bit of smart arse defensiveness thrown in.
I like Teague but he needs to pull his head in, do his job and be a professional. If he wants to control the outside noise, do it with good coaching and wins.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Lace Out wrote:

Becatse of the sun and shade?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:22 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Could be worse, he could be coaching a proposed top 4 team who is losing by 77pts in the 3/4 quarter.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:32 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

kingkerna wrote:
Lace Out wrote:

No, because we played shite.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:00 pm 
John James

Lace Out wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Lace Out wrote:

No, because we played shite.

It was so hard to watch. It was like waiting for the next mistake

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:30 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
His post match press conferences are more about managing outside criticism and media comment at the moment.
I like Teague but he needs to pull his head in, do his job and be a professional. If he wants to control the outside noise, do it with good coaching and wins.

Spot on.

Gee the bulldogs are impressive.

Lead by a super coach, but how about their recruiting! Such an industrious team. Just go about their business with no nonsense. Who’s their recruiter?....oh wait, he’s now at Carlton!...could this be something for us to now look forward to?...Throw in a few hard nosed and astute assistants under Teague and we might be on our way. Otherwise, does Paul Roos have another shot at the top job? Or do we look at someone like a Caracalla?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 11:33 am 
Ken Hunter

BlueJean wrote:

Gee the bulldogs are impressive.
.. . Just go about their business with no nonsense.

Aside from the constant ducking, diving, collapsible knees and throwpassing, sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 1:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:

I do not have an issue with his press conferences. He answers the questions put to him in an honest and open way. What's not to like?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

carntheblues wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

I do not have an issue with his press conferences. He answers the questions put to him in an honest and open way. What's not to like?

For starters he was asked about Dochertys new role playing half forward and wing. Teague responded that the journo needs to watch the game again because Docherty didn't play half forward. Instead of embarrassing the journo, he embarrassed himself because Docherty clearly started 2 quarters at half forward.
He then moved to the wing but it was a totally legitimate question and the journo was technically correct which makes Teague look like he has amnesia or he has no idea.

He also made a comment about saving the journo's the time of cutting up vision of defensive errors. Being a smart arse doesn't suit him. Get some wins and credibility first.
Just my opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 266  Next