Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:21 pm 
Banned

BlueJean wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Buckley is so overrrated it isn't even funny.

Seems people forgot his teams were going backwards year on year for five years before they invested big on the midfield... Adams and Treloar cost them three first round picks.

Luckily for the opposition he had no clue how to put a forward line together but the midfield was all guns blazing.

I’m assessing Buckley NOW.

He’s come a long way.

Has a LOT to offer.

So does our current coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:27 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Walsh wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Seems people forgot his teams were going backwards year on year for five years before they invested big on the midfield... Adams and Treloar cost them three first round picks.

Luckily for the opposition he had no clue how to put a forward line together but the midfield was all guns blazing.

He’s come a long way.

Has a LOT to offer.

I disagree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm 
Banned

BlueJean wrote:
Walsh wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Walsh wrote:

He’s come a long way.

Has a LOT to offer.

I disagree

1979 Grand Final team agree with me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Me too he is a very good coach and his record proves it
Take the Collingwood hate out of it objectively is one of the better coaches
Better than Ratten Teague Noble Nicks Hinkley Longmuir Dew Fagan without thinking about it too hard
If he is overrated with that record what is our present coaches record

Also if he is overated with that record what does it say about our boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:49 pm 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
Better than Ratten Teague Noble Nicks Hinkley Longmuir Dew Fagan without thinking about it too hard

Our boy is going to win flags and plenty of them something Bux is incapable at doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:18 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
Not wanting to pump my own tyres, but after we decided to make zero changes to our coaching group last year, I predicted with near certainty that we'd not see improvement in 2021 and that everyone getting hyped about our chances would be disappointed.

That's how important a competent coaching TEAM is.

Nobody is disputing the importance of a competent coaching team

Having a senior coach competent enough to lead/manage/oversee etc. etc. that team is not only more important, it's critical

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Our boy is going to win flags and plenty of them something Bux is incapable at doing.
What odds you offering? I'm interested...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:23 pm 
Banned

bluehammer wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

What odds you offering? I'm interested...

Well I am already in front s Bux hasnt won a flag. I hope you like your shirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Just the odds on Teague winning a heap of flags please.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:42 pm 
Banned

bluehammer wrote:
Just the odds on Teague winning a heap of flags please.

Very high with the right signings. Hasn't coached a full season at Princes Park yet and settled the backline and forward line.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You know Walsh, I like Teague and I appreciate your positive contributions here at a time when most of us are feeling despondent about where the club is at.

He’s a very good bloke who gave everything he had as a player (you don’t win a Robert Rose Award without giving it your all) and I was pleased when he was made coach as I hoped he’d bring a hardness to our club that’s been lacking since Greg Williams retired.

And whilst I’m still awaiting the return of that hardness unfortunately it’s not only hardness that’s lacking at our club - there’s also ruthlessness. To Teague’s credit as a human being I just don’t see that as part of his make up. Which makes him a good bloke but not necessarily a great coach. Because every great coach I’ve seen in 51 years on this planet has been ruthless.

I’m also aware that Teague was appointed as caretaker coach on the 3/6/19 and you joined TC five days later.

Anything you want to share about that timing?

I’m guessing your investment is more in the man than the club.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:50 pm 
Garry Crane

Teague should be replaced if you go through our Intire list see how many players have improved and how many have gone backwards
At best we would have 5 players that have improved and the rest have stalled or gone backwards
Teague ain’t the coach to take us forward

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:52 pm 
Banned

Hardness has gone missing for the best part of 10 years. It's not something new.

Why do you think he has adopted an attacking brand of football... perhaps because the players at his disposal around the contest are not good enough to win games of football.

Cripps has been down for the best part of 18 months and still has a good win rate considering the lack of talent in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:55 pm 
Banned

Stranger wrote:
Teague should be replaced if you go through our Intire list see how many players have improved and how many have gone backwards
At best we would have 5 players that have improved and the rest have stalled or gone backwards

So H and Weitering knocking on the door of All Australian and Walsh on brink of winning B&F is going backwards?

As for Dow and SPS.... they have started as 12 posessions a game players to 14 posessions a game players.. they were just poor draft picks or just need more time not ready for AFL football yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Stranger wrote:

So H and Weitering knocking on the door of All Australian and Walsh on brink of winning B&F is going backwards?

As for Dow and SPS.... they have started as 12 posessions a game players to 14 posessions a game players.. they were just poor draft picks or just need more time not ready for AFL football yet.

Winmar, Winmar, Winmar to Lockett!

The sign of a failing club is when their supporters throw up individuals as saviours.

How many flags did Gary Ablett Snr win?

Most teams have a few great players.

We’re not special in that regard and our great players aren’t taking us anywhere near a premiership without a shitload more support and a significant change in attitude.

Your worst ten players win you a flag, not your best ten.

And it’s their attitude and training and unity that counts, not their talent.

And you still haven’t answered my question.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

Spot on GWS. If you are realistic, Richmonds bottom 6 is no better than anyone elses, and in my view, there are plenty that have a better bottom 6.

But they have a system, a discipline and a structure. They work their asses off to perfrom their role.

We have a club where working asses off is the exception, not the norm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 pm 
Banned

GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Stranger wrote:

The sign of a failing club is when their supporters throw up individuals as saviours.

We’re not special in that regard and our great players aren’t taking us anywhere near a premiership without a shitload more support and a significant change in attitude.

I have already addressed it. You mentioned hardness and la de da. Go through my post again - I am not playing these games.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:09 pm 
Banned

AIRCAV wrote:
Spot on GWS. If you are realistic, Richmonds bottom 6 is no better than anyone elses, and in my view, there are plenty that have a better bottom 6.

But they have a system, a discipline and a structure. They work their asses off to perfrom their role.

We have a club where working asses off is the exception, not the norm

You need talent that can play the game to build a team culture. Can't be done from VFL standard players.

We will get there - Teague has coached for grand final teams that were consistently top four - he is the first young coach we have had that has gone through an appropriate apprenticeship. It's not like he is a babe in the woods or a nice guy or whatever silly delusions and stereotypes people want to paint.

Performances have improved since he took over and shows in his win/loss whether one wants to accept it or not

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Stranger wrote:

I have already addressed it. You mentioned hardness and la de da. Go through my post again - I am not playing these games.

The question you haven’t answered is about the timing of your signing up to TC five days after Teague was appointed caretaker coach.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:10 pm 
Robert Walls

GWS wrote:
You know Walsh, I like Teague and I appreciate your positive contributions here at a time when most of us are feeling despondent about where the club is at.

He’s a very good bloke who gave everything he had as a player (you don’t win a Robert Rose Award without giving it your all) and I was pleased when he was made coach as I hoped he’d bring a hardness to our club that’s been lacking since Greg Williams retired.

And whilst I’m still awaiting the return of that hardness unfortunately it’s not only hardness that’s lacking at our club - there’s also ruthlessness. To Teague’s credit as a human being I just don’t see that as part of his make up. Which makes him a good bloke but not necessarily a great coach. Because every great coach I’ve seen in 51 years on this planet has been ruthless.

I’m also aware that Teague was appointed as caretaker coach on the 3/6/19 and you joined TC five days later.

Anything you want to share about that timing?

I’m guessing your investment is more in the man than the club.

I tip my hat off to you Detective Senior Sgt GWS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 266  Next