Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Not sure if Buckley and Malthouse are on speaking terms but I wouldn't mind betting Mick has been on phone to Buckley saying if you are thinking of going to Carlton don't do it.

Mick has been silent so far but he won’t be for long

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Not sure if Buckley and Malthouse are on speaking terms but I wouldn't mind betting Mick has been on phone to Buckley saying if you are thinking of going to Carlton don't do it.

More likely that Mick would say "hey Nafan! Carlton is the one mate. Super professional"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
He's available too. I hear all he does with his time is sit around waiting for gutters facias & downpipes to be delivered
I reckon there's a thread in this...

Oh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluehammer wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

More likely that Mick would say "hey Nafan! Carlton is the one mate. Super professional"

Moronhouse would be saying to bucks , I started the process of getting rid of their players

Get Down to Carlton and finish them off , you can trade McKay cripps and Walsh and Carlton will let you bring in Cox , pendles and Sidebottom because they are in awe of anyone from the pies

Oh and get Geoff Walsh to come , just to mess with them

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

azzablue wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Moronhouse would be saying to bucks , I started the process of getting rid of their players

Get Down to Carlton and finish them off , you can trade McKay cripps and Walsh and Carlton will let you bring in Cox , pendles and Sidebottom because they are in awe of anyone from the pies

Mate,Geoff Walsh used to work at Carlton............he started with us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

And what success did he bring , while he was with us ??

And you do realise he is the one that stuffed up the pies salary cap , and Ned guy was the fall guy

Jason dunstall should be involved in our review if they are serious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

AGRO wrote:
If you’re not the right person for the job you’re not the right person for the job.

You don’t keep someone on in the role in the hope they’ll come good.

I completely agree. Teague's had 2 preseasons to develop the game plan, and we're going backwards (despite some all-Australian talent). The best footy we saw under Teague was 'dead cat bounce' after Bolton's exit. I see absolutely no evidence that he's a young Clarkson or Hardwick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

One
We ain’t good enough
Two
The board need to go

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:03 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Stefchook wrote:
AGRO wrote:
If you’re not the right person for the job you’re not the right person for the job.

I completely agree. Teague's had 2 preseasons to develop the game plan, and we're going backwards (despite some all-Australian talent). The best footy we saw under Teague was 'dead cat bounce' after Bolton's exit. I see absolutely no evidence that he's a young Clarkson or Hardwick.

:clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueJean wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
AGRO wrote:

:clap:

Since the mid seaon break of last year during the Covid hub until now we have 7 games and lost 13 and that includes Gold Coast twice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

azzablue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

And what success did he bring , while he was with us ??

9 years for 3 grand final appearances. What's your contribution?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:35 am 
Wayne Johnston

AGRO wrote:

There is no right or wrong person, there is only the right and wrong club, there is only Carlton, so f&**#&# the rest!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:01 am 
Wayne Johnston

keogh wrote:
One
We ain’t good enough
Two
The board need to go

Bored…..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

I am not sure about Teague now.
On the one hand, I think his game plan actually does work, when it works... I wonder how it would look with fitter, more committed players (who sprint both ways rather than jog... just to pick one example).
On the other hand, I can picture us with 4 more wins if Ross Lyon was our coach because, under him, our players would be fitter and more committed; no passengers and no favours for underperforming players.
(I have not been a proponent of Lyon for Carlton at all.... but I'm starting to change my thoughts now...).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Judd was right 2 years ago.
We needed someone without training wheels.
We need a manager more than a coach, who will manage the whole club and affect the culture. Not just and X and O guy.
Malthouse was the wrong man, but right type.

Lyon, Clarkson, Choco, Roos.

That's my list. Anyone else should not be considered.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:42 pm 
Banned

Lyon won't join the club due to the SOS issue... they are best mates.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

He just said he'd consider it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:

Is that fact, or opinion.

You sound like Robbo, but he's a Carlton hater, and doesn't understand the business of football.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/09/ ... ospective/

Quote:
On the rumours that he would not take the Carlton job because of the ugly situation between the Blues and his close friend Stephen Silvagni, Lyon said he hadn’t considered the thought.

“The right principle is an AFL club rings you, you show the respect they deserve, and that’s my position,” he said.

Quote:
Journalist Sam McClure believes Lyon would be “the number one candidate” if Carlton moves on from David Teague.

Lyon said he would take the Blues’ call as well.

"It's not a simple, flippant, 'yeah, I'm interested', because they are big jobs and they need someone who's unconditional, committed," he said.

Like I always say, and I think its in my signature below...Don't believe anythiong the carlton haters say about Carlton. You'll probably find the worst offenders are actually Effendruggie supporters moreso than journalists.

Robbo can GAGF with all his opinions. He's sloppy, defensive, bias and just a plain old yobbo with position in a paper he has devalued since taking over from Mike Sheehan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Teague may well have the capacity to be a good tactician down the track but he needs to harden the @#$%&! up. Our players play the football he allows them to.
Not running defensively, not attacking the ball sufficiently, playing selfish football. It's all being validated by the failure to drop the culprits. He can blame the players in his presser but actions tell the story.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:52 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Is that fact, or opinion.

You sound like Robbo, but he's a Carlton hater, and doesn't understand the business of football.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/09/ ... ospective/

Quote:
On the rumours that he would not take the Carlton job because of the ugly situation between the Blues and his close friend Stephen Silvagni, Lyon said he hadn’t considered the thought.

“The right principle is an AFL club rings you, you show the respect they deserve, and that’s my position,” he said.

Quote:
Journalist Sam McClure believes Lyon would be “the number one candidate” if Carlton moves on from David Teague.

Lyon said he would take the Blues’ call as well.

"It's not a simple, flippant, 'yeah, I'm interested', because they are big jobs and they need someone who's unconditional, committed," he said.

Like I always say, and I think its in my signature below...Don't believe anythiong the carlton haters say about Carlton. You'll probably find the worst offenders are actually Effendruggie supporters moreso than journalists.

Robbo can GAGF with all his opinions. He's sloppy, defensive, bias and just a plain old yobbo with position in a paper he has devalued since taking over from Mike Sheehan.

If it's a fair opinion I will go with it. I doubt I will be swayed with anything other than that. Still don't think Lyon will join the club - I personally don't think he is suitable. His record isn't great, as one of the commentators mentioned - ball movement is the hardest element of football to teach and defence is the easiest. If Teague is sacked then the board needs to come under pressure due to ad hoc decisions and constant key sackings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 266  Next