Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
The tweak I would be doing if we continually spiral doen is hoping that Pies bottom out this season they get Bucks to quit we sign him up to coach next year

You really are desperate Frank.

Sorry to state the obvious.
You've become a real Glass half empty fan. Its only round 6.

Yeah you may be just sayin, but you and Donstuie have no faith....and keogh is in a league of his own. As for Azza, he's taking no prisoners, posters included.
I have faith you will all be surprised.

I'd rather have Voss if I'm going down the Alpha male path...but lets wait to see what happens after we play 16 rounds, not 6.

Bucks too much baggage imo.

Peter McKenna, Mick McGuane may make a comeback too.

Lets quit whilst we are ahead with Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
The tweak I would be doing if we continually spiral doen is hoping that Pies bottom out this season they get Bucks to quit we sign him up to coach next year

Oh imagine that

I don’t. Know how I survived the pagan and malthouse years , imagine we were stupid enough to hire Buckley !!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Effes wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
I agree with Keoghs comments re: why do supporters continue to focus totally on the coach.

I don't think that is right at all.

Many people are critical of both the coach AND Silvagni's record.

Since March this year there has been 23 pages on Teague
In 2021 seven pages on List Management

Does that answer your question

Yes people have come to the realisation that the List is not the problem so no need to talk about it

You dont get 20 years of picks wrong and we have had five no 1 draft picks and endless first round picks

It is abundantly clear to most people in it is not list management

Good onya Sydney.

Nothing to do with numbers of pages on threads. Nothing.
There's a sky is falling thread or nervous nellies...I don't even go in there....that's where comments like that belong.
Just plain hysteria ... I know where keogh makes sense, but its not this.

Did I say its ridiclous too

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Oh imagine that

I don’t. Know how I survived the pagan and malthouse years , imagine we were stupid enough to hire Buckley !!

Good onya azza.

You tell him.

The sky is falling.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

No Bondi not glass empty mate just realistic round 6 - apart from GC game have been to every match and quite frankly pardon the pun haven’t like what I have seen in terms of effort grunt mental toughness or skill execution
We see the development of young draftees stagnating at Carlton unlike other teams seen the swans youngsters lately -they have rebuilt in 3 years we have taken 10 at least and we still aren’t there

2 wins from 6 games with a side that has Cripps Walsh H Weitering Saad Williams should be doing better than that objectively
Round 6 and once again the finals are a bridge too far and the effort in every facet of the game had been lamentable we still don’t know as a supporter whether they are going to turn up on not in a game whether they will have a holiday in one of more quarters whether they will actually deign yo tackle or chase -effort should not be negotiable

The coach as always at Carlton will cop it in the neck the board and administration will run away in my view if we act to type Teague will get the flick and if he does I think Buckley would be a great get others obviously can’t fathom that but if Teague goes I want a successful coach to come in and get the playing group playing to its capacity

Did you see the effort against Collingwood or Port in the second quarter of the effort of carlton in the 2 nd quarter last week which Bob Murphy called soulless - just realistic mate we are playing a passionless brand of football and after all the talk over summer are worse than last year - the sheer frustration of the crowd on Saturday was palpable -everyone knew the game was gone by Halifax way through the 2 nd quarter after all that empty rhetoric during the week
You laud Maclure saying we don’t stand for anything you agree that Murphy and Eddie and Casboult are gifted games yet you reckon I’m negative not exactly a reservoir of positivity yourself

Just so you know I am going again on Saturday I want and should expect an unconditional effort because they get unconditional from me I have paid for members tickets for over 40 years and supported them through thick and thin through the dark years
Time for them to give back and Stand up for 80,000 members it’s more than time

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
No Bondi not glass empty mate just realistic round 6 - apart from GC game have been to every match and quite frankly pardon the pun haven’t like what I have seen in terms of effort grunt mental toughness or skill execution
We see the development of young draftees stagnating at Carlton unlike other teams seen the swans youngsters lately -they have rebuilt in 3 years we have taken 10 at least and we still aren’t there

2 wins from 6 games with a side that has Cripps Walsh H Weitering Saad Williams should be doing better than that objectively
Round 6 and once again the finals are a bridge too far and the effort in every facet of the game had been lamentable we still don’t know as a supporter whether they are going to turn up on not in a game whether they will have a holiday in one of more quarters whether they will actually deign yo tackle or chase -effort should not be negotiable

The coach as always at Carlton will cop it in the neck the board and administration will run away in my view if we act to type Teague will get the flick and if he does I think Buckley would be a great get others obviously can’t fathom that but if Teague goes I want a successful coach to come in and get the playing group playing to its capacity

Did you see the effort against Collingwood or Port in the second quarter of the effort of carlton in the 2 nd quarter last week which Bob Murphy called soulless - just realistic mate we are playing a passionless brand of football and after all the talk over summer are worse than last year - the sheer frustration of the crowd on Saturday was palpable -everyone knew the game was gone by Halifax way through the 2 nd quarter after all that empty rhetoric during the week
You laud Maclure saying we don’t stand for anything you agree that Murphy and Eddie and Casboult are gifted games yet you reckon I’m negative not exactly a reservoir of positivity yourself

Just so you know I am going again on Saturday I want and should expect an unconditional effort because they get unconditional from me I have paid for members tickets for over 40 years and supported them through thick and thin through the dark years

Off to the Pies v Suns game

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:19 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

You’re one of the best Franky- what a treasure. If only the players showed half the passion you do

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

Thanks JK and Navy apologies going to the game on Sunday but yes will keep an eye on the Saturday games as well

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
Thanks JK and Navy apologies going to the game on Sunday but yes will keep an eye on the Saturday games as well

Well Frank you made me recheck the fixture .... for a moment there I thought I had to rearrange my schedule

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:13 am 
Trevor Keogh

frank dardew wrote:

We are long haulers Frankie! Love your passion and I hope Bondi was just being a little tongue in cheek. I moved to the US in September 2001 and it's been nothing but misery since. The supporters have stuck fat and it's time for the Club to stand up and to reclaim it's place at the higher end of the ladder. The frustration we all feel is that no one has a stomach for another rebuild and so the time is now or we risk drifting off into the oblivion! Hopefully, it will be a case of it being darkest before the dawn and somehow there will be a spark to get us going again!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:09 am 
Bob Chitty

frank dardew wrote:

Well said Frank :clap: :clap: :clap:
Time for this club to stand up as you’ve said in another thread
Starts with 4 quarters of effort and intensity every week. Nearly 6 years into a “rebuild” of this club and we can’t find 22 blokes who bring effort and intensity for 4 quarters every week. That doesn’t take talent. Should be non-negotiable.
Get on with it CFC and start with a win against Essendon* this week

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:

Totally understand what you are saying.
I'm hearing the same from non posters who bleed blue.

I am mucking around a bit, so don't take it too personal, and I'm sure yopu agree with me, and your post tells me why, but every individual's position of realism is their god given right, but in life is not necessarily the correct view. There's usually a bit either way. Hence the saying glass half full half empty. In our case I'm saying its not empty. Where there's life there's hope.

Frustrated supporters will see everything BLACK, and there's no trees for wood. But there is. That's all I'm saying.

You go to games with expectations. Some are realistic and some are far fetched. I was lucky I watched my first game when I knew the result, so I took emotion out of the equation I mention regarding expectation.

You mention the 2nd quarter, and I tell you, there was a case of the ball bouncing their way in the centre bounces, there was some slipping etc, but that first quarter is something you have to consider in the equation. It happened. What was that? The effort was there. The result was there, and yes it could've been better. We do that every week. If only we could bottle it and release it every quarter.

Bottom line, there's something there to work with and realism is in the eyes of the behoilder: some say its no effort (SEN Murphy), and other say it was (Leppitsch SEN). It doesn't make it dogma.

I also thought, despite the 3 goals loss, and the 2nd quarter, we should have gone ballistic down the middle from the 15 minute mark in the last, but didn't.

The problem is age old as long as Teague has been coaching. That one flower quarter. Why? This is what I want fixed, and you know what, I've been around long enough to know whether something is fixable or not.

Coaches learn by adapting. Teague is playing Levi, Murphy and Eddie. I can't do anything about that, but I know Teague will...when...well when injure palyers are back, he will have no excuse...or he will be ridiculed in the media and fan forums.

Another classic oldie: if you can't change the people, change the people.

Carlton will not be stagnant.

Looking back at the Port game, all of the sudden in the media, Port are invincible and playing Premiership footy, we lose by 28, Saints lose by 58, but its understandable why saints lost. Yeah right. not as simple as that.

We play the Tigers with 7 seniors out, they have Bacher out, of a Premiership team....you know what I'm saying. Pies have 2 out, and we have 7 out...Williamson leaking goals...we would beat them today with their injuries. Its not an even platform yet the angry will use that to suit their argument. I don't.

There's something else at play, and I will shed light on that in a week or 2: betting. Yep betting. People get very angry when they lose bets on a sure thing. Journos and media commentators are people believe it or not. Carlton were expected to perform. We had a full list except for Charlie 2 weeks before the season started.

Don't believe the hype, and don't get too low. Its all fixable. Try and control your expectations whilst we have injuries, and join me in a few weeks time when the tables turn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I really believe we will win this week.

We should have beaten Brisbane last week regardless of that 2nd quarter, but just a bit of improvement in the 2nd ....we may bring that improvement this week, we may not.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

We're all in this together.

I'm just trying to ease the pain...hey I feel pain too...but I know its fixable.
That's a better place than where we were before the rebuild.
The list is till young. We stripped it back too hard. That's all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teague will be forced to make changes, not only to the team, but to his style...if he wants to survive.

The talk circling amongst the media is that he plays favourites, and he's too nice, and too soft for a Head coach.

He needs to harden up and win respect of supporters who are questioning him as Head Coach.

He needs to make some hard decisions and play the kids.

Sometimes the coach needs to be told.

Bolton was told he needed to change a bit, but his job was secure. He wouldn't change.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

fjanyc wrote:
. I moved to the US in September 2001 and it's been nothing but misery since.

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmm...

Just wait there a second... just gotta make a phone call...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Totally understand what you are saying.
I'm hearing the same from non posters who bleed blue.

I am mucking around a bit, so don't take it too personal, and I'm sure yopu agree with me, and your post tells me why, but every individual's position of realism is their god given right, but in life is not necessarily the correct view. There's usually a bit either way. Hence the saying glass half full half empty. In our case I'm saying its not empty. Where there's life there's hope.

Frustrated supporters will see everything BLACK, and there's no trees for wood. But there is. That's all I'm saying.

You go to games with expectations. Some are realistic and some are far fetched. I was lucky I watched my first game when I knew the result, so I took emotion out of the equation I mention regarding expectation.

You mention the 2nd quarter, and I tell you, there was a case of the ball bouncing their way in the centre bounces, there was some slipping etc, but that first quarter is something you have to consider in the equation. It happened. What was that? The effort was there. The result was there, and yes it could've been better. We do that every week. If only we could bottle it and release it every quarter.

Bottom line, there's something there to work with and realism is in the eyes of the behoilder: some say its no effort (SEN Murphy), and other say it was (Leppitsch SEN). It doesn't make it dogma.

I also thought, despite the 3 goals loss, and the 2nd quarter, we should have gone ballistic down the middle from the 15 minute mark in the last, but didn't.

The problem is age old as long as Teague has been coaching. That one flower quarter. Why? This is what I want fixed, and you know what, I've been around long enough to know whether something is fixable or not.

Coaches learn by adapting. Teague is playing Levi, Murphy and Eddie. I can't do anything about that, but I know Teague will...when...well when injure palyers are back, he will have no excuse...or he will be ridiculed in the media and fan forums.

Another classic oldie: if you can't change the people, change the people.

Carlton will not be stagnant.

Looking back at the Port game, all of the sudden in the media, Port are invincible and playing Premiership footy, we lose by 28, Saints lose by 58, but its understandable why saints lost. Yeah right. not as simple as that.

We play the Tigers with 7 seniors out, they have Bacher out, of a Premiership team....you know what I'm saying. Pies have 2 out, and we have 7 out...Williamson leaking goals...we would beat them today with their injuries. Its not an even platform yet the angry will use that to suit their argument. I don't.

There's something else at play, and I will shed light on that in a week or 2: betting. Yep betting. People get very angry when they lose bets on a sure thing. Journos and media commentators are people believe it or not. Carlton were expected to perform. We had a full list except for Charlie 2 weeks before the season started.

Don't believe the hype, and don't get too low. Its all fixable. Try and control your expectations whilst we have injuries, and join me in a few weeks time when the tables turn.

You can’t compare us to st kilda , they have had a losing culture there while existence other than 66 so when they pop up for little success it won’t last long history tells us

As for the blues , we demand success and paranoia now is it’s Been 25 years and no end in site , false dawns that gives up hope

All I am saying if we don’t make the 8 this year , they will have to address the whole football department including the head coach

They can’t allow Teague to go into 2022 in his final year contract , he wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure ,supporters and the club wouldn’t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

frank dardew wrote:

Well said....
I'm far too poor a typist.... and lack the eloquence...
You've summed it up perfectly.

Let's hope we can get players who provide 4 quarters of grunt... Or we get some new players!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:22 am 
Bruce Doull

billc3 wrote:
Let's hope we can get players who provide 4 quarters of grunt... Or we get some new players!

Another shitty Russell Crowe band?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Teague will be forced to make changes, not only to the team, but to his style...if he wants to survive.

The talk circling amongst the media is that he plays favourites, and he's too nice, and too soft for a Head coach.

He needs to harden up and win respect of supporters who are questioning him as Head Coach.

He needs to make some hard decisions and play the kids.

Sometimes the coach needs to be told.

Bolton was told he needed to change a bit, but his job was secure. He wouldn't change.

How much influence will Woosha have. Time will tell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 266  Next