Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:17 pm 
formerly Fevola

No Worries Bondi. As I said, I dont have rumours normally. But this one came from someone who sound legit, and its why I posted it. But they even said, nothing is set in stone as Lyon has not made any decisions, its that he has been sounded out and wanted to do his own research via Pavlich who he trusts. Who knows !!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Drewgirl wrote:
I dont normally have rumours or am not in the know. But I got told something that sounds legitimate from someone in the corporate world with ties to Carlton. Apparently Brad Lloyd offered Ross Lyon the coaching job at Carlton. Ross Lyon said before he makes a decision, he wants Matthew Pavlich on the review panel. He wanted Matthew Pavlich to find out answers to his questions. ie Player contract details, what players are thinking etc. Pavlich and him are really close. Teague apparently found out during the bye round and effectively resigned. They had to rally to get him to stay but he is not happy as he knows this is not his team anymore. Ross Lyon has not agreed or declined as of yet, but is making a decision based on what he finds out. Dont know how true this is, but its what I heard.

Thanks for sharing that.
There was a rumour recently that Teague wanted to resign around the bye week so this would make what you posted sound legit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:
Involved in Adelaide review with Dunstall

Fair enough :beer:

I should have mentioned that my question was not rhetorical so I appreciate the response.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:03 pm 
Bert Deacon

a lot of weight on pavilich information if Ross accepts the job (thks for the rumor)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

Drewgirl wrote:
I dont normally have rumours or am not in the know. But I got told something that sounds legitimate from someone in the corporate world with ties to Carlton. Apparently Brad Lloyd offered Ross Lyon the coaching job at Carlton. Ross Lyon said before he makes a decision, he wants Matthew Pavlich on the review panel. He wanted Matthew Pavlich to find out answers to his questions. ie Player contract details, what players are thinking etc. Pavlich and him are really close. Teague apparently found out during the bye round and effectively resigned. They had to rally to get him to stay but he is not happy as he knows this is not his team anymore. Ross Lyon has not agreed or declined as of yet, but is making a decision based on what he finds out. Dont know how true this is, but its what I heard.

I thought Lloyd & Lyon didn't get along?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

This is making sense by the day , the passion and frustration Ross Lyon showed on Wednesday night on footy classified , showed more passion that Teague has shown at all

The Teague train is over , what a abysmal reign it was , we haven’t beaten anyone under his reign other that Geelong once and Cripps having a blinder on Teagues first game against the lions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

azzablue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

This is making sense by the day , the passion and frustration Ross Lyon showed on Wednesday night on footy classified , showed more passion that Teague has shown at all

The Teague train is over , what a abysmal reign it was , we haven’t beaten anyone under his reign other that Geelong once and Cripps having a blinder on Teagues first game against the lions
That Geelong win was fun but we were damn lucky to win.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bulldogs game was probably been the highlight of his tenure.

Other than the 2 come from behind wins against Brisbane in his first game and then Freo with a few out (Cripps from memory and Curnow also went down).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If Brad Lloyd has done that, he should resign instanter.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:39 pm 
Bob Chitty

CarltonClem wrote:
If Brad Lloyd has done that, he should resign instanter.

This. As Lyon walks through the door, Lloyd should be thrown out.

I also think of that is the case, anyone who was associated with the appointment of teague should be shown the door (perhaps that is happening already with the pres, Judd etc stepping away at the end of the year)

I'm In different to lyon .. do I think he can coach .. yes .. do I like him .. haven't overly enjoyed watching teams he has coached .. but they win .. and if wins the ultimate prize.. then we'll its the right appointment ...

Feel like our board has alot to answer fkr both the bolts and teague appointments...

And if the rumour is true about Lloyd approaching Lyons then the current board members involved should be finished up at the end of the year.

Why would the coach show loyalty, and by proxy the players .. if thats the way they get treated ..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Let's wait to see if there's any truth before sacking everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:33 pm 
Banned

Take a couple of players out of the Richmond team and they melt like butter. The five year healthy injury list reign is effectively over - they have come back to reality.

Time for a public external review and sack the coach and football dept.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

They at least won some flags. Us we are quagmired in reality.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:41 pm 
Banned

dannyboy wrote:
They at least won some flags. Us we are quagmired in reality.

They have hit a 60 year low - can't do that if the coach and football dept is any good. Sack the lot of 'em.

Seriously though .. well nah cbf... still maintain Richmond football dept isnt any good with a couple of injuries to key players they need to sack now before its too late.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

i hate Richmond but one bad game in 4 seasons when we have had one good game in 4 seasons if you are lucky :banghead:
I know where I would prefer to be 4 wins out of 13 games and we are gloating about a team that has won 3 of the last 4 premierships astounding

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:21 am 
Robert Walls

Didn't we approach Dunstall first, then Pavlich after he declined?

If so, that's some four-dimensional chess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I watched a bit of the Collingwood/Freo game this morning. Watch that game and then put it on half speed. Half speed will give you indication of how we defend compared to Freo. They have system, tactics and buy in that we as supporters can only dream of. If we don't get our act together ASAP, they'll take us apart next week.

They also have contemporary strategies that we lack which reflects badly on our coaching group. They're organised around the stoppages, their players aren't all drawn into contests consistently like ours are and they don't allow the opposition basic liberties that we do but 17 other teams deny as a standard measure. Things like allowing Lachie Whitfield to sit off the back of stoppages and have a field day getting the ball fed out the back to him. They're basics that aren't afforded players in suburban footy let alone elite levels.

We have a lot of work to do in a short time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
I watched a bit of the Collingwood/Freo game this morning. Watch that game and then put it on half speed. Half speed will give you indication of how we defend compared to Freo. They have system, tactics and buy in that we as supporters can only dream of. If we don't get our act together ASAP, they'll take us apart next week.

They also have contemporary strategies that we lack which reflects badly on our coaching group. They're organised around the stoppages, their players aren't all drawn into contests consistently like ours are and they don't allow the opposition basic liberties that we do but 17 other teams deny as a standard measure. Things like allowing Lachie Whitfield to sit off the back of stoppages and have a field day getting the ball fed out the back to him. They're basics that aren't afforded players in suburban footy let alone elite levels.

We have a lot of work to do in a short time.

Imagine if we get it right.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:46 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree BV Freo were impressive yesterday and Longmuir was Collingwood defensive coach for a long while and they were disappointed when he left
We can only imagine if we actually had a coach or coaching group that could instil such a structure/plan into our team -soul destroying to see where we are at and how we keep drifting without the right people and methodologies in place

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just watch an extremely poor Hawthorn team pick apart GWS methodically after giving up a 4 goal start. Coming off the back of beating Sydney by 6 goals.

My kingdom for a competent coaching group and system.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 266  Next