Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:13 pm 
Robert Walls

Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Me too he is a very good coach and his record proves it
Take the Collingwood hate out of it objectively is one of the better coaches
Better than Ratten Teague Noble Nicks Hinkley Longmuir Dew Fagan without thinking about it too hard
If he is overrated with that record what is our present coaches record

Also if he is overated with that record what does it say about our boy

Our boy is going to win flags and plenty of them something Bux is incapable at doing.

There's more chance of getting all 4 legs Mick's Multi for the entire football season than Teague winning "plenty"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

AIRCAV wrote:
Spot on GWS. If you are realistic, Richmonds bottom 6 is no better than anyone elses, and in my view, there are plenty that have a better bottom 6.

But they have a system, a discipline and a structure. They work their asses off to perfrom their role.

We have a club where working asses off is the exception, not the norm

A 4x100m relay team comprising Carl Lewis, Donovan Bailey, Jessie Owens and Usain Bolt will still get done if they can't figure out how to pass the baton to one another.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:57 am 
Banned

GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:
GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Stranger wrote:
Teague should be replaced if you go through our Intire list see how many players have improved and how many have gone backwards
At best we would have 5 players that have improved and the rest have stalled or gone backwards
Teague ain’t the coach to take us forward

So H and Weitering knocking on the door of All Australian and Walsh on brink of winning B&F is going backwards?

As for Dow and SPS.... they have started as 12 posessions a game players to 14 posessions a game players.. they were just poor draft picks or just need more time not ready for AFL football yet.

Winmar, Winmar, Winmar to Lockett!

The sign of a failing club is when their supporters throw up individuals as saviours.

How many flags did Gary Ablett Snr win?

Most teams have a few great players.

We’re not special in that regard and our great players aren’t taking us anywhere near a premiership without a shitload more support and a significant change in attitude.

Your worst ten players win you a flag, not your best ten.

And it’s their attitude and training and unity that counts, not their talent.

And you still haven’t answered my question.

I have already addressed it. You mentioned hardness and la de da. Go through my post again - I am not playing these games.

The question you haven’t answered is about the timing of your signing up to TC five days after Teague was appointed caretaker coach.

I have nothing to do with the inner sanctum of the Carlton Football Club, if that answers your question. I have contacts - but we are just members and fans of the club have zero influence over any decision making.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:42 am 
Bruce Doull

AIRCAV wrote:
Spot on GWS. If you are realistic, Richmonds bottom 6 is no better than anyone elses, and in my view, there are plenty that have a better bottom 6.

But they have a system, a discipline and a structure. They work their asses off to perfrom their role.

They also stuck by their coach when he was in deep shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:04 am 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:

This would be valid for us if we were just missing out on finals or getting knocked out like they were.
Or even at the slightest, looking like we have some sort of structure and game day tactics.
I don't think Teague is our Hardwick.

E.g.

Hardwick
2010 season

Hardwick's first season at Richmond did not begin well, with nine straight losses to start the season as well as a few disciplinary issues arising at the club. However, in round 10 the Tigers had a breakthrough win; defeating Port Adelaide by 47 points in extremely wet conditions in Adelaide. They also set a new record for the most tackles ever made in an AFL match (142) since records began in 1987, and kept Port Adelaide to their lowest ever score. The club went on to win five more games making a total of six in Hardwick's first season. They finished the season in 15th position.

2011/12 season
Richmond over the next 2 seasons continue to show improvement winning 8 games and a draw in 2011, improving that to 10 wins and a draw in 2012.

2013 season
In 2013, Hardwick coached Richmond to its first finals series since 2001, and only its third since 1982. Carlton defeated Richmond by 20 points in the elimination final after the Tigers led by 26 points at half-time, eliminating Richmond from the finals series.[10][11]

2014 season
In 2014, Hardwick's team started the year very poorly, having a win-loss record of 3–10 at one stage. But remarkably, the Tigers went on to win their last nine matches of the home and away season to just make it into the finals. Richmond were however beaten convincingly by Port Adelaide by 57 points in the Elimination Final, finishing the season in eighth place.

2015 season
Hardwick began the 2015 season under pressure to make amends for their past two failed Elimination Finals. It didn't start well, losing 4 out of the first 6 before recovering to finish the season in 5th place with 15 wins, same ladder position and win-loss record as 2013. Richmond came up against North Melbourne in the Elimination Final, but once again failed and Hardwick's team suffered their third consecutive first week finals exit.

2016 season
2016 was not a successful year for Hardwick as the Tigers finished the season with just 8 wins from 22 games. The highlight was the round 8 win against the Sydney Swans when Sam Lloyd kicked a goal after the siren. They finished 13th on the premiership ladder, their worst ladder position in four seasons.

2017 season
In 2017, Hardwick coached Richmond to their eleventh VFL/AFL premiership, defeating the Adelaide Crows by 48 points. After becoming the first coach in 37 years to guide Richmond to a Grand Final win in the 2017 AFL Grand Final, Hardwick was chosen as the AFLCA Coach of the Year.[12] He joined a very small group to win three AFL premierships with three clubs as player and coach, ending Richmond's 37 Year drought in the process.

2018 season
In 2018, Hardwick followed up his successful 2017 season by coaching Richmond to their first minor premiership since 1982. Richmond lost to Collingwood by 39 points in their Preliminary Final.

2019 season
In 2019, Hardwick became a two-time premiership coach, guiding Richmond to their second premiership in three years and twelfth overall with a resounding 89 point win (Richmond AFL/VFL Grand Final win record) over GWS Giants.

2020 season
In the 2020 season, which was significantly affected by COVID-19, Hardwick coached Richmond to their third premiership in four years and became a three-time premiership coach. Richmond finished third on the ladder at the end of the home-and-away season (with a record of 12 wins, 4 losses, and 1 draw).[13] They lost to the Brisbane Lions (10.9.69 to 8.6.54) in their qualifying final, defeated the St Kilda Saints (12.8.80 to 6.13.49) in their semi-final, and defeated Port Adelaide (6.10.46 to 6.4.40) in their preliminary final. They defeated the Geelong Cats by 31 points (12.9.81 to 7.8.50) in the Grand Final at The GABBA – the first Grand Final to be played outside Victoria and the first night-time Grand Final.

VS.

Teague
2019 Carlton Blues 11 Games 6 wins - 54.5%
2020 Carlton Blues 17 Games 7 wins - 41.2%
2021 Carlton Blues 12 Games 4 wins - 33.3%

*Highlighted part is the difference IMO between the game plan and coaching style, Hardwick demands hard accountable football. Teague is more, play how you feel and make sure you are happy and enjoying yourself, big hugs anyone, are you still my mate??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:33 am 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:

After 5 years, and they have the best player in the AFL. How many games has Dusty won for them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

I've had a think about this and believe Teague should be given another year. Yet I won't be surprised if Buckley is our coach in 2022.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

79Vintage wrote:
I've had a think about this and believe Teague should be given another year. Yet I won't be surprised if Buckley is our coach in 2022.

I wouldn’t be surprised either, because it’s the same idiotic messiah complex we’ve been cycling through since Parkin.

In addition to a decent teacher, it’d be good to have both him & Woosha in the box with Teague on game days though… not to mention someone with half a clue to run the interchange.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I don't really see Buckley as a messiah complex. Clarkson definitely. But not Buckley.

And Clarkson going nowhere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
In addition to a decent teacher, it’d be good to have both him & Woosha in the box with Teague on game days though… not to mention someone with half a clue to run the interchange.

Woosh and Teaguey could have a competition to see who can be the most inanimate for 100 minutes. That's the extent of Wooshas value in the coaches box.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:49 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Woosh and Teaguey could have a competition to see who can be the most inanimate for 100 minutes. That's the extent of Wooshas value in the coaches box.

Conspiracy warning ahead - Do you think that maybe Woosha was brought in to see how the assistant coaches are supporting Teague and was the instigation of the independent review?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:38 am 
Wayne Johnston

bluehammer wrote:
I don't really see Buckley as a messiah complex. Clarkson definitely. But not Buckley.

If you are disappointed a coach hasn’t turned the entire club around in barely two seasons then you believe in the messiah.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:52 am 
Bruce Doull

Off you hop Dave, someone else's turn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:53 am 
formerly Fevola

I dont think we expected teague to get us in the top 4 by now, but we do expect improvement and players to grow under him. I actually think in his time, and with the players we now have; we have actually gone backwards.

We still dont have a good game plan, and players still look confused and unmotivated as ever.

If we show improvement, I dont think anyone will be this upset with how we are going.

I am actually at a loss right now to know what is happening at this club.

I think its the players that truly can tell us whats going on. And if the players are the ones at fault then they need to be held accountable.

At the moment, the messaging is wrong. Levi and Murphy get managed and then they are straight back in the next week.

Murphy has a good game back, then next week is dropped. But then made a sub.

Sammo is a sub and then has a good game, then is dropped the next week.

Gibbons gets dropped but is then the sub.

Players in the VFL play well and dont get a look in.

I mean WTF !! I think Teague is too friend friend with certain players.

And then the decisions he makes on the field. He doesnt value or try and develop the midfield. Dow, Fisher, Sammo, Gibbo, Setterfield, Fogarty should be rotated through there permanently for the rest of the year to see what they have.

Cripps should not be above criticism. Should be told to chill out and dont try and take players on when its not in capability to run away from them. He should be told to get in there and tackle just like the rest of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:18 am 
Rod Ashman

Drewgirl wrote:
I dont think we expected teague to get us in the top 4 by now, but we do expect improvement and players to grow under him. I actually think in his time, and with the players we now have; we have actually gone backwards.

We still dont have a good game plan, and players still look confused and unmotivated as ever.

If we show improvement, I dont think anyone will be this upset with how we are going.

I am actually at a loss right now to know what is happening at this club.

I think its the players that truly can tell us whats going on. And if the players are the ones at fault then they need to be held accountable.

At the moment, the messaging is wrong. Levi and Murphy get managed and then they are straight back in the next week.

Murphy has a good game back, then next week is dropped. But then made a sub.

Sammo is a sub and then has a good game, then is dropped the next week.

Gibbons gets dropped but is then the sub.

Players in the VFL play well and dont get a look in.

I mean WTF !! I think Teague is too friend friend with certain players.

And then the decisions he makes on the field. He doesnt value or try and develop the midfield. Dow, Fisher, Sammo, Gibbo, Setterfield, Fogarty should be rotated through there permanently for the rest of the year to see what they have.

Cripps should not be above criticism. Should be told to chill out and dont try and take players on when its not in capability to run away from them. He should be told to get in there and tackle just like the rest of them.

And no token chasing. I want to see a raging bull when the opposition has the ball!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:26 am 
Rod Ashman

Hard to improve players if the season, training and opportunity to play competitive VFL football is continually interrupted as the past 18 months has been. It surely must impact player development especially since the previous game plan was totally thrown out and started from scratch. Add to that an assistant coach of the midfield who more clearly now was not 100% committed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 am 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
Hard to improve players if the season, training and opportunity to play competitive VFL football is continually interrupted as the past 18 months has been. It surely must impact player development especially since the previous game plan was totally thrown out and started from scratch. Add to that an assistant coach of the midfield who more clearly now was not 100% committed.

How's Sydney, Essenscum and Adelaide managed to improve then.
Our club is a mess with absolutely NO development of our young talent. The only solution they have is putting the young mids everywhere but in the midfield for large portions of games.
It's a centre bounce here and there then dropped.
What about our defensive plan has anyone at the club actually come out and answered how we are going to change it or is there anything specific that we are actually doing or working on to fix it.
All we continually hear after games and in weekly pressers is the same old crap 'It's an issue we are looking to get better at"
He's had more than 12 months and 2 full pre seasons to fix it.
Same sh$$ different year

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

At every centre bounce their are 4 midfielders - one of which is a ruckmen
I am sorry to burst peoples bubble but not everyone can attend the centre bounce and play mid fielder
I sit here and read post after post about player x development is being hindered because he is not playing in the midfield

Will you please give us a break

who do we pick from
Cripps , Curnow, Walsh, Dow ,Cunningham, Stocker , Setterfield , Kennedy, Murphy , Cotrell, Fisher , SPS , Docherty, JSOS, Obrien, ,Williams, Fogarty, Carroll, Kemp, Durdin, Newnes, Gibbons and people have even suggested Charlie

If I went through all the post I would read somewhere that each and everyone of those names are having their development stifled because they are not in the midfield

I am sorry but 23 players don't fit into 3 positions .

So can we cut the crap about Teague playing favourites and stifling development of players not playing in right positions - If you are good enough you can play anywhere you don't have to be a midfielder to pick up 25 stats you can put yourself into the game

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton's season looks to be on the ropes, some key tactical decisions may be contributing

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/ ... /100218856

Quote:
Devoted footy fans might have noticed that Carlton's backline sets up a little differently to other sides.

No team leaves its defenders more isolated than the Blues, who face more contested defensive one-on-one opportunities than anyone else. It's a shift that has noticeably happened since David Teague took over from Brendon Bolton.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

If you are disappointed a coach hasn’t turned the entire club around in barely two seasons then you believe in the messiah.
Nah, I'm disappointed Teague has made consistently poor positional decisions and seemingly not enforced a standard level of commitment across our playing list.

In short, from the cheap seats I reckon he lets a comfortable culture remain. Once he got the job, it was time for that to stop.

I believe with absolutely no knowledge and a very questionable football pedigree myself, that he has chosen to not address it.

And if he has and the players are not listening, take action.

And by action I don't mean
In: Newnes
Out: Gibbons

It's the new

In: Bannister, Wiggins
Out: McGrath, Sporn

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 266  Next