Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

Gotta admire Clarko’s rat cunning.

Played Jeff on a break.

Said all the right things and a week later gets his 1 million cheque from Jeff.

Will now no doubt double his money at another club. Fair play Clarko. Golden handshake after all the cups he delivered to Jeffs front door.

If Clarko gets to Carlton as Coach he will run rings around our Board :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Hawthorn is second last - let it sink in for a little bit.

Another conditional post in support of Teague.

What's Hawthorn's list like compared to ours?

Last I saw, Hawks had half a dozen Premiership players in their team.

Half a dozen first round draft picks, OMeara, Wingard, Barass, Scrimshaw, Sicily, day

a Brownlow Medalist, and a bunch of 2nd round picks.

That's 17 good players, more than enough to build a winning team

especially with Best Coach in the whole wide world.

Now why in the world would Hawks want to see the back of Clarkson.

Doesn't make sense to us on the outside.

Got rid of him with one year left on his contract. That's the sack if ever I saw a case of the sack.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:34 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Cazzesman wrote:

Played Jeff on a break.

Will now no doubt double his money at another club. Fair play Clarko. Golden handshake after all the cups he delivered to Jeffs front door.

If Clarko gets to Carlton as Coach he will run rings around our Board :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman
What's your gut feeling in all of this Cazz? Us, Pies or GC?..
Or a job at AFL house..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm 
Banned

Cazzesman wrote:
Walsh wrote:

- don't worry I won't be saying I told you so.

:lol: :lol: Of course you will. I’d like to as sure of that as winning tattsloto.

Regards Cazzesman

I made a pact with myself that I will not say it - well, maybe once or twice.

What I will do - the expletives will be directed towards Sayers, he better save himself the trouble and close his Twitter account down now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:55 pm 
Bert Deacon

he might retire 1mil and ride into sunset

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

Lace Out wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Played Jeff on a break.

Regards Cazzesman
Or a job at AFL house..

He would scare the excreta out of AFL House.

I’m thinking the phones of the Blues money men have been running hot this past week. If we get thrashed tonight Clarko’s manager can add another zero to any offer Mathieson has made.

Can’t see it being the Pies. If Eddie was still there maybe. Would Clarko move to Qld?

I have no inside mail but now the door has opened a crack, I have no doubt we will go very, very, very hard at him.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If we get Clarko, does Bolts come back too? Clarko clearly a fan of his and can't see him still having a job at hawks under Mitchell.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:

Played Jeff on a break.

Regards Cazzesman

Yep
But is he past it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
No contest -I loathe him having said that I wouldn’t hesitate if he is available and wants to come

You're a better man than me.

Mathieson wants Clarko, and offered to bank roll his appointment.
I think that meant giving Hawks a donation to pay out his contract and donate money to Carlton to the value of the contract.

Sayers has chased Clarkson, well at least shown ongoing interest according to Hawthorn people.

I can't change my feelings.
I can't trust him.
Hawks have dropped him, when they had him for life.

That resonates with me.

I think the issue is Mathieson. He wanted Malthouse didn't he? Teague is a developing coach so lets as a club do what is needed to develop him. No different to Hardwick. We still think its all about 1 person - not the club.

Last edited by carntheblues on Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

I personally don’t want Clarkson
Not because of what he did to Ian Atkin
Not stopping Fev getting to 100

I reckon he is done as a coach
His record at Hawthorn the last few years tells the tale

The board always go for the big fish
It doesn’t work
I’m beginning to have my doubts about Teague bu why not a coach who is of the right stuff
Surely there is someone who can do a good job
To me it reeks of the past if we get him
My impression of Clarko is he definitely needs a break at the very least

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I’d go for Lyon - as Paul Keating said always back self interest as you know that it will be trying and Ross Lyons hunger to win a flag would be the biggest self interest of all.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:05 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
I’d go for Lyon - as Paul Keating said always back self interest as you know that it will be trying and Ross Lyons hunger to win a flag would be the biggest self interest of all.

I agree!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Suspect we'll find out tonight how the players really view Teague

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:

I'm in this camp.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Suspect we'll find out tonight how the players really view Teague

We found that out last week. And plenty of other weeks over the past 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

For those who know what I'm talking about, it looks like the Board will go with option 1 and 2.

option 2, Teague gone the week before the last game, and net cast for new coach with proper process, and option 2. go for Clarkson, albeit 8 months earlier than expected, and if he agrees, he gets the job.

For those who don't know, and before anyone blames Pratt and Mathieson (keogh), Pratt and Mathison have plenty of money and want what's best for the club, and will bank roll if they believe the Board is on the right track.

Its been said Sayers believes Clarkson was gettable next year and therefore keep Teague to his contract. (there you go Walshy)
Its been said, Mathieson would bank roll Clarkson appointment before we took Teague, and, that still stands if the Board/ selection Committee choose that way.

Mathieson snr and Pratt are not into politics as some think. They don't need to. They have plenty of other interests, grandchildren... They care about the club and want to help. We are lucky to have them.

Their Billions are the only thing deterring Demetriou, Samuels, McLachlan, (Ron Evans when he was alive) and the other anti Carlton Commissioners from destroying Carlton. It was the AFL Commission that brought Carlton to its knees. Bailed them with a Million dollar loan to get the Board to approve the move to the brand new Docklands. Princes Park needed a lot of work to bring up to community standards we expect today. Easy decision. We hit rock bottom in 2002, and have been on our knees till we got our shit together and paid back their loan.

Sayers was on Clarkson's case for the last month or more. He didn't act alone, but he can open doors. Now with the Hawks effectively sacking Clarkson with one year left on his contract, he's there for the taking.

Anyone can guess what's going on behind the scenes as we speak.

Oh well. What will be will be. I wont be buying the family's, friends and relo's Memberships next year. They can buy their own and mine too. I just can't do it on principle. Notwithstanding, I will continue to barrack and love Carlton with all my heart. I'm rusted on. This will test how much my family and friends really want to be Carlton Members.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Hawthorn is second last - let it sink in for a little bit.

Another conditional post in support of Teague.

What's Hawthorn's list like compared to ours?
It's alot better than nearly winning the spoon, which tells you that the Hawks have badly underachieved this year. Might tell you something. We have been down this road before with gun coaches who were getting passed it yet many still fall for it.

Trying to coach a side with a terrible culture that lacks the motivation and will to succeed as a near impossible task. Many have tried previous to Teague, all bar Ratts have failed badly. Same boat, we thought Malthouse was going to be better when we got rid of Ratts. Teague has the 2nd best record of any coach here this century. Given the weak minds he has had to coach probably not bad. He did better than Malthouse too, who was every bit as a good as Clarko.

I’m not saying he’s the right man for the job, but I’ve seen enough to know Teague isn’t.

I’d take Lyon for a year or two and find the right coach after that personally…

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Juanita Jones wrote:
AGRO wrote:

I agree!

I voted for Ross in the poll. Still my first choce for those reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

I would have preferred Lyon too, however the step up to Clarkson would be a positive benefit for the deficiencies our team has, it will be an amazing journey to be managed by a mature, no frills, expert coach, whomever it may be. .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:12 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Cazzesman wrote:
Lace Out wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Played Jeff on a break.

Regards Cazzesman
Or a job at AFL house..

He would scare the excreta out of AFL House.

I’m thinking the phones of the Blues money men have been running hot this past week. If we get thrashed tonight Clarko’s manager can add another zero to any offer Mathieson has made.

Can’t see it being the Pies. If Eddie was still there maybe. Would Clarko move to Qld?

I have no inside mail but now the door has opened a crack, I have no doubt we will go very, very, very hard at him.

Regards Cazzesman
Cheers, let's hope we do it, there's no time to waste with this latest rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 266  Next