Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

sandramcd67 wrote:
absolutely delusional and why wasnt Docherty as the other captain there? speaks to me not everyone is on board

https://www.afl.com.au/news/634706/-it- ... GeCuVHbfaY

i actually dont mind this .. i think its good the players have taken this on board i.e. cripps and weitering .. (somewhat concerning that Docherty isnt involved in this despite him having some poor form of late, eh is till captain and should still be the face of the club)

as i honestly think this is very much on the playing group as well as the football club. the review should be looking into both.

i do think Weitering needs to be involved in this .. alsways comes across as well spoken, very intelligent ... not sure he has the brimstone (something i think we are missing at every level of the club) to be captain, but he certainly presents himself and the club well.

i honestly think that is all we need ... some honest questions and responses ... dont be afraid to argue, dont be afraid to point out where something has gone wrong, and dont be afraid to take responsbility ... realise that every person who is at the club, is doing everything they can to move forward in a positive manner ... if you give them that freedom and trust (which i dont think is there) they will flourish ... if they arent doing everything they can ... then there is the door, regardless of who it is.

But the freedom and trust is earnt ... by actions .. which of late, we have been sorely lacking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

If we dump Teague, I don’t think there is any chance we will appoint an untried senior coach.
The favourite in that case would be Ross Lyon and whilst I wasn’t a fan of his game plan, I imagine with our list he could work wonders.
Others we’d look at might include Pyke, Voss, Buckley, perhaps Choco Williams but more likely as an assistant (which in doubt he would leave Melbourne for…).
Of those, I think Buckley is not ready - needs a year out of it but could be a good option if we decide to stick with Teague for another year and it doesn’t work out.
I think Pyke would be good and I reckon he has worn a disproportionate amount of blame for the camp.
I reckon Voss would be risky, esp watching the Saints now return to type under Ratts which takes a bit of the gloss off his re-appointment.
And then, we might try to pry some current senior coaches out: Clarkson, Simpson, Chris Scott come to mind.
I’d be happy with any of them but don’t think any of them would leave.

So, I keep coming back to Ross Lyon.
At least we’d be sure he would get the most out of the list.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:56 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Ross the Boss for mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

I saw enough Freo games under Ross Lyon to be very very wary of that choice.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:35 pm 
Serge Silvagni

grrofunger wrote:

Please explain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

grrofunger wrote:

I've come around to Ross. Yes, there are some knocks on him, but if we want a fairly quick fix, Ross is the man for me. We certainly won't be leaking goals and the prima dona's will be quaking in their boots.

With Ross we will get immediate results. Go for another untried coach, and we're back to 2 years of waiting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueJean wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Please explain

Miserable players, negative football, flooding the D50

Sure we wont leak goals but we wont score either.

The fans hated it, they were awful to watch for a long time and they weren't winning.

Just like everyone hated Bolton and his defensive focuses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 pm 
Banned

Ross Lyon isnt any good to bring flags to the club. Like Buckley can't get the job done.

Only hard work will get us out of this mess.

Or we are going to fall in the trap of sacking Ratten to hire Malthouse again. Sacking a coach after 18 months is not going to happen anyway most likely set up a leadership structure around Teague.

Hard work and more hard work....it will take more time but it's the safest and surest path.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

Okay so i agree hard work and more hard work

but

are you implying Buckley didn't work hard? Always thought he did.

So remember, hard work guarantees nothing but its better than the alternative - hoping for chance to grant a flag.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:56 pm 
Robert Walls

Slobbo makes me sick but he isn’t wrong which pisses me off even more with the club.

If Carlton players really do support David Teague then it’s time they actually played for him, writes Mark Robinson

We support the coach, they said. We’re in this together, they said. The effort’s there, they said. The Blues are wrong, Mark Robinson says.

Talk is cheap, it always is in football

Carlton rolled out Patrick Cripps, Jacob Weitering and Liam Jones on Monday and they sang from the same boring handbook which is seemingly passed around by underperforming teams.

We support the coach, they said.

We’re in this together, they said.

The effort’s there, they said.

Boring.

And wrong.

How ‘bout a new play book, hey Carlton.

It’s called: Let’s stop talking and let’s start delivering actions.

That’s also a boring title, but the pages contain the fundamentals of being an honest football team.

Honest is the key word in that sentence.

An honest football team doesn’t need to trot out its captain and its two best defenders and try to put a bow on yet another demoralising performance.

It’s half fake, anyhow.

You want to support the coach, how ‘bout you play for the coach.

Forget the verbal bullsh** on a Monday morning. Where was the support for the coach in the first half against the Giants on Saturday?

Where was the energy and intensity and togetherness when the Giants played kick-to-kick among themselves?

Where was the coverage for each other, the leadership to impose direction, the sacrifice of bodies?

Do you really want to support the coach? How ‘bout you turn up to play against Adelaide on Sunday at Marvel Stadium with a voracious mindset, fuelled by a coach with a demanding mindset.

The game’s on at 4.40pm, the graveyard slot, and it might well be a graveyard for someone if the Blues don’t think it’s in their best interests to tackle, or be accountable or apply more than a whisper of decent pressure.

As much as the players support the coach, the reality is the coach is in trouble.

Why? Because the players aren’t performing as the coach wants them to.

There’s a breakdown somewhere.

If David Teague is not demanding defensive efforts, then he shouldn’t be the coach. Clearly he is, so that’s also on the players.

Maybe Teague is not demanding enough, and if that’s true, then he, too, can stop talking and start delivering actions.

It’s not difficult. North Melbourne has won one game this year, and they have limited talent compared to Carlton, but boy they play for the coach.

Look at Collingwood. The club is a rabble, but Bucks had the heart and soul of the players.

Where’s the heart and soul at Carlton?

The prevailing view is David Teague will likely coach next year. We say likely because with 10 games to play, this season could implode even further.

A loss to Adelaide on Sunday and all bets are off.

The Blues are currently 4-9 and are equal on the ladder with the Pies and Gold Coast.

The Pies effectively sacked their coach and voices are growing about the stability of Stuart Dew’s position.

Yet, everyone supports Teague at Carlton.

No more Monday press conferences rolling out the gang.

The time for talking is well and truly over.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:23 pm 
Garry Crane

Juanita Jones wrote:
Slobbo makes me sick but he isn’t wrong which pisses me off even more with the club.

If Carlton players really do support David Teague then it’s time they actually played for him, writes Mark Robinson

We support the coach, they said. We’re in this together, they said. The effort’s there, they said. The Blues are wrong, Mark Robinson says.

Talk is cheap, it always is in football

Carlton rolled out Patrick Cripps, Jacob Weitering and Liam Jones on Monday and they sang from the same boring handbook which is seemingly passed around by underperforming teams.

We support the coach, they said.

We’re in this together, they said.

The effort’s there, they said.

Boring.

And wrong.

How ‘bout a new play book, hey Carlton.

It’s called: Let’s stop talking and let’s start delivering actions.

That’s also a boring title, but the pages contain the fundamentals of being an honest football team.

Honest is the key word in that sentence.

An honest football team doesn’t need to trot out its captain and its two best defenders and try to put a bow on yet another demoralising performance.

It’s half fake, anyhow.

You want to support the coach, how ‘bout you play for the coach.

Forget the verbal bullsh** on a Monday morning. Where was the support for the coach in the first half against the Giants on Saturday?

Where was the energy and intensity and togetherness when the Giants played kick-to-kick among themselves?

Where was the coverage for each other, the leadership to impose direction, the sacrifice of bodies?

Do you really want to support the coach? How ‘bout you turn up to play against Adelaide on Sunday at Marvel Stadium with a voracious mindset, fuelled by a coach with a demanding mindset.

The game’s on at 4.40pm, the graveyard slot, and it might well be a graveyard for someone if the Blues don’t think it’s in their best interests to tackle, or be accountable or apply more than a whisper of decent pressure.

As much as the players support the coach, the reality is the coach is in trouble.

Why? Because the players aren’t performing as the coach wants them to.

There’s a breakdown somewhere.

If David Teague is not demanding defensive efforts, then he shouldn’t be the coach. Clearly he is, so that’s also on the players.

Maybe Teague is not demanding enough, and if that’s true, then he, too, can stop talking and start delivering actions.

It’s not difficult. North Melbourne has won one game this year, and they have limited talent compared to Carlton, but boy they play for the coach.

Look at Collingwood. The club is a rabble, but Bucks had the heart and soul of the players.

Where’s the heart and soul at Carlton?

The prevailing view is David Teague will likely coach next year. We say likely because with 10 games to play, this season could implode even further.

A loss to Adelaide on Sunday and all bets are off.

The Blues are currently 4-9 and are equal on the ladder with the Pies and Gold Coast.

The Pies effectively sacked their coach and voices are growing about the stability of Stuart Dew’s position.

Yet, everyone supports Teague at Carlton.

No more Monday press conferences rolling out the gang.

The time for talking is well and truly over.

100% correct that’s what Carlton do they talk not like Clarkson and hawthorn let’s sort this out in a boxing ring no comment about we support our coach or we are on the right track just simple hard work to get the best out of each other

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

How do we get Matthew Scarlett to our club
as an assistant to mould our defence?
He has worked wonders with the cats backline.
Even Hendo looks like he belongs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:07 pm 
John Nicholls

Speaking of backline. There was one play that just made me to switch off and walk away.

Ed Curnow has the ball in D50, slightly right of centre. He looks around and the option he takes is a sideways kick to Doc just inside the boundary. Doc looks around for a bit and... guess what happens next.

I'll tell you. EXACTLY WHAT I HAD BEEN SCREAMING AT THE TV SINCE THE MOMENT THE BALL MADE IT INTO ED'S HANDS.

I turned to my g/f and said. Watch this. He'll kick right. Doc will look around then eventually kick long to a contest on the wing. We'll get outmarked or ball will hit the deck and we'll get cut up through the middle. GWS shot on goal. 6 points thanks for coming.

What happened next?

Righto.

If a numbskull cauliflower like me can see this is a problem why the cuck can't our COACHES?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Anyone watch on the couch?
Does brown brown want a coaching gig.

Laziest weakest team I’ve ever seen. Actually totally embarrassing. Teague probably did resign as is rumored, I wouldn’t want my name associated with that either

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:46 pm 
John Nicholls

Jonosc1 wrote:

Laziest weakest team I’ve ever seen. Actually totally embarrassing. Teague probably did resign as is rumored, I wouldn’t want my name associated with that either

Wait, what? Rumour Teague resigned?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Jonosc1 wrote:

He let it rip.

I thought of keogh.

He didnt hold back on lazy Zac Williams. He didnt hold back.
Martin was mentioned prior for his weak effort to chase....and their performances are not one offs.
Overpaid, conditional vultures is basically what Brown was alluding to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:41 pm 
formerly King Kenny

grrofunger wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Please explain

Miserable players, negative football, flooding the D50

Sure we wont leak goals but we wont score either.

The fans hated it, they were awful to watch for a long time and they weren't winning.

Just like everyone hated Bolton and his defensive focuses.

And made a Grand Final. I’d be miserable too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

was downhill pretty quick after that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:39 am 
Banned

dannyboy wrote:
Okay so i agree hard work and more hard work

but

are you implying Buckley didn't work hard? Always thought he did.

So remember, hard work guarantees nothing but its better than the alternative - hoping for chance to grant a flag.

Everyone at the club need to double their efforts. More kicking practice, more tackling practice, more fitness training, more strategy meetings, more trial and error just non stop tunnel visioned work.

They will likely be exhausted by end of year but pre season starts now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am 
Bruce Doull

More beers practice, according to Cripps

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 266  Next