Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
Ya reckon? :donk: :donk: :donk:

aflratings.com.au
@aflratings
·
29m
Carlton: "Going forward we've probably got a few inside mids & we're probably going to need to rotate a little bit more through half-forward & inside the square than we have in the past"

Blues Snr coach David Teague

Round 8 post game presser

i think thats teague speak for 'we are going to turn them into flankers, give them one game, then drop them'

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Adam Chatfield wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
I don’t think it really matters who coaches with the side at the moment, we just aren’t good enough yet.

Whether Teague can take us any further, we still need to see, give him this year and next year (with bolstered assistants) to find out.

There is no way the club will let him go into 2022 with no extension in place this summer

That would be completely stupid

And the club has made enough stupid decisions

Why give him an extension before going into next season? Makes no sense, are we afraid someone will poach him?

I’m not scared about anyone poaching him ..but imagine after 5 rounds next year and we are 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 ,,,
The media scrutiny will explode , they won’t give a bona chance like they cover for Buckley

Our fragile club , players won’t be able to handle that ...

Hence a decision on him and the whole department needs to be made at season end. This year
.. and of memory serves me correctly , all assistant coaches have to be told by august 1st this year , yes or no for next
Year

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

azzablue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
I don’t think it really matters who coaches with the side at the moment, we just aren’t good enough yet.

Whether Teague can take us any further, we still need to see, give him this year and next year (with bolstered assistants) to find out.

There is no way the club will let him go into 2022 with no extension in place this summer

Why give him an extension before going into next season? Makes no sense, are we afraid someone will poach him?

I’m not scared about anyone poaching him ..but imagine after 5 rounds next year and we are 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 ,,,
The media scrutiny will explode , they won’t give a bona chance like they cover for Buckley

Hence a decision on him and the whole department needs to be made at season end. This year
.. and of memory serves me correctly , all assistant coaches have to be told by august 1st this year , yes or no for next
Year

If we sucked early next season, there would be scrutiny regardless.

Stuff them all, put pressure on them to perform.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:37 am 
Harry Vallence

Adam Chatfield wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

Year

If we sucked early next season, there would be scrutiny regardless.

Stuff them all, put pressure on them to perform.

And the season will all
Be over again .. and then we have to review the whole football dept aagain

It needs to happen end of this season, all decisions

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

If this isn't shithouse player management I'm not sure what is.

re Cripps:

“The start of the third quarter he’s on the bench. He spent seven minutes on the bench at the start of the third term when they desperately needed him, then he played the next 25 minutes straight.

“Now, I’ve seen him running around, he’s not the sort of guy that should be playing 25 minutes straight, he’s not. He needs rest. He’s a burst operator.”

In the fourth term, Cripps started on-field and played the first 15 minutes before having a 90-second break on the bench, then returning to the ground for the last 13 minutes of the match.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:34 am 
Wayne Johnston

I don’t know who you’re quoting but they clearly haven’t been watching any Carlton matches for a few years.

Cripps hasn’t been a “burst” player since 2019, in fact he’s so crippled he runs around stuck in second gear and is probably the perfect candidate to be in the field for 35 minutes straight and give some rotations to some other players who need it.

The shithouse player management part is that he’s even playing at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 am 
Bruce Doull

Cripp(le)s

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:06 am 
Bruce Doull

FWIW

https://twitter.com/thepumper5/status/1 ... 7511534593

Fingers crossed

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:50 am 
Ken Hunter

I really want to see how the club goes with better assistants for Teague.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
I don’t know who you’re quoting but they clearly haven’t been watching any Carlton matches for a few years.

Cripps hasn’t been a “burst” player since 2019, in fact he’s so crippled he runs around stuck in second gear and is probably the perfect candidate to be in the field for 35 minutes straight and give some rotations to some other players who need it.

The shithouse player management part is that he’s even playing at all.

For a mid to be playing 25 mins straight is just insane

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
If this isn't shithouse player management I'm not sure what is.

re Cripps:

“The start of the third quarter he’s on the bench. He spent seven minutes on the bench at the start of the third term when they desperately needed him, then he played the next 25 minutes straight.

“Now, I’ve seen him running around, he’s not the sort of guy that should be playing 25 minutes straight, he’s not. He needs rest. He’s a burst operator.”

In the fourth term, Cripps started on-field and played the first 15 minutes before having a 90-second break on the bench, then returning to the ground for the last 13 minutes of the match.

We played better when Cripps was on the bench.

Burst player...yep he made Bontempelli burst out in laughter how easy it was to get the ball from the centre with cripps in there.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:22 pm 
John James

Some bizarre stuff going on with our bench yesterday. As well as the posts above about Cripps I've read that Harry was on there for 7 minutes straight at a crucial point in the game, Saad for a 12 minute stretch, Walsh and Cripps off for an extended time together, Samo on the bench for 20 minutes of his 38 minute playing time. Williams also played something like 80% forward in the second half. If we were bottom 4 I'd say we were tanking.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brently8 wrote:
Some bizarre stuff going on with our bench yesterday. As well as the posts above about Cripps I've read that Harry was on there for 7 minutes straight at a crucial point in the game, Saad for a 12 minute stretch, Walsh and Cripps off for an extended time together, Samo on the bench for 20 minutes of his 38 minute playing time. Williams also played something like 80% forward in the second half. If we were bottom 4 I'd say we were tanking.

That's damning.

There has to be good reason for some, maybe one of them.

We are carrying injured players. Saad played his guts out last week. Ditto Sam Walsh. They went missing.
Now I know why.

Demand to find out why. We are paying those players good money and incentives to give it their all, and if they can't then take a rest altogether.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
FWIW

https://twitter.com/thepumper5/status/1 ... 7511534593

Fingers crossed

Something in the coach's box has to give.
I hope its not the tea lady.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Brently8 wrote:

this is disgraceful, and this is the shit journos should be asking about at pressers, not "you must he disappointed".

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

King is a @#$%&!, but how can you argue with this?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the ... 57qin.html

Quote:
“Right now they coach offence. They really aren’t investing in the game when they don’t have possession of the ball,” analyst and former North Melbourne premiership player David King said on Fox Footy.

“They were assaulted again today to the tune of another eight-goal run. We’ve talked about ‘Teaguey’s gift’ - there’s always a five goal run at some stage in-game. So, if you’re not building from defence first, and it doesn’t mean absolute defence, it means components of where you want to win the ball back ... what do you end up with?”

Champion Data also point out that the game was statistically troubling because it wasn’t only a run on of goals they could not stop, they were also overwhelmed in centre clearances.

From the nine minute mark of the second quarter until the 18th minute mark of the last quarter the Bulldogs recorded 16 centre clearances in a row. The Blues did not once clear the ball from the centre through that long middle stage of the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:31 am 
Craig Bradley

You can’t it’s a damning indictment on coaches and players the continual leaking of opposition goals and inability to stop the other sides momentum
The 16 clearances in a row doesn’t surprise me even a blind old codger like me sitting at Marvel on level 3 could see that and if it wasn’t remedied the weight of numbers were going to tell

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:40 am 
Wayne Johnston

Effes wrote:
King is a @#$%&!, but how can you argue with this?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the ... 57qin.html

Quote:
“Right now they coach offence. They really aren’t investing in the game when they don’t have possession of the ball,” analyst and former North Melbourne premiership player David King said on Fox Footy.

“They were assaulted again today to the tune of another eight-goal run. We’ve talked about ‘Teaguey’s gift’ - there’s always a five goal run at some stage in-game. So, if you’re not building from defence first, and it doesn’t mean absolute defence, it means components of where you want to win the ball back ... what do you end up with?”

Champion Data also point out that the game was statistically troubling because it wasn’t only a run on of goals they could not stop, they were also overwhelmed in centre clearances.

From the nine minute mark of the second quarter until the 18th minute mark of the last quarter the Bulldogs recorded 16 centre clearances in a row. The Blues did not once clear the ball from the centre through that long middle stage of the game.

Quote:
In that time, since round 12, 2019 to now, only Essendon* has seen sides pile on unanswered runs of goals in more games. Twenty times in the same period Essendon* has been unable to stop the onslaught.

There’s always a silver lining…..

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:49 am 
Garry Crane

bondiblue wrote:

That's damning.

There has to be good reason ...

There is. We’re incompetent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sammywaslow wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

That's damning.

There has to be good reason ...

There is. We’re incompetent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the coaches? Their game plan doesn't plan for Defense?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 266  Next