Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Good luck, Blueboys!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

GWS will have a couple of massive outs. That concussion Sam Taylor got will keep him out more than the standard 12 days, and Coniglio's knee/ankle/both looked a bad one late. He won't be playing. They just hung on by their nuts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

I think we're pretty even based on today's events.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cerra must be unlikely. McG and Saad are our distributors from D50. Tough to cover. And the Pitto TDK combo didn't work today on the same fast deck this game is on. We're starting to run out of players. Cincotta probably comes in. Not sure we can really take Carroll, Hollands and Binns in. Just too many small bodies. Not sure if Marchbank will be back. Really need him because the next option is probably Young.

Selection will be very interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thankfully Sam Taylor and Coniglio will miss for GWS.

Cincotta to replace Saad, Marchbank (if fit) or Cowan for McGovern and hopefully Motlop for Pittonet - with Fantasia going back to sub.
Carroll, O Hollands and Fantasia on thin ice however I'm not sure we have any other options right now. I'm assuming that Cerra won't be available.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:34 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Pittonet played well, not sure why he'd be dropped

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Damn Pittonet, even when it was our lack of team defence, I knew it was dat Pittonet!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:04 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Posted in the match thread but last year the Adel game derailed our season. With our injuries, scared as shit it’ll happen again.

Imho we need to get back to basics and start winning the ball from the middle and from stoppage. Especially if we kick and defend like we did today. Pretty deplorable.

Need significantly more output and pressure from our small forwards. Missed Fog heaps. Desperately need a fit and firing Motlop and Martin.

Happy to be 4 and 1 but we are miles away from our best I reckon. Next block of games will tell us if we are true contenders or pretenders.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:09 am 
Laurie Kerr

kingkerna wrote:
Pittonet played well, not sure why he'd be dropped

8 touches and not sure he had a stat in the last quarter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:39 am 
Bob Chitty

MPH78 wrote:
Posted in the match thread but last year the Adel game derailed our season. With our injuries, scared as shit it’ll happen again.

Imho we need to get back to basics and start winning the ball from the middle and from stoppage. Especially if we kick and defend like we did today. Pretty deplorable.

Need significantly more output and pressure from our small forwards. Missed Fog heaps. Desperately need a fit and firing Motlop and Martin.

Happy to be 4 and 1 but we are miles away from our best I reckon. Next block of games will tell us if we are true contenders or pretenders.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. We had almost an identical record last year to this year coming out of a bad loss to the crows and into a tough block of games. Add in an injury list that might have hit the tipping point and there’s cause for concern. Over to the coaches and players to work it out. The next 5-6 games will go a long way to defining our top 4 prospects.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:46 am 
Bob Chitty

Can’t see many unforced changes given our injury list. Hopefully Cincotta will be fit to replace Saad (but “managed” from todays VFL before the injuries we copped is hardly inspiring confidence in his fitness). Marchbank (if fit) or (gulp) Young will probably need to come in for MxGovern given they’ve got Hogan, Riccardi and Cadman as key forwards.

Personally I prefer the one ruck setup, especially when our two rucks combine for only 1 mark last night, but do we actually have anyone in our twos who is ready to go as a midfielder or half forward? Not sure we do. Guys like Fantasia, O Hollands, Carroll who are out of touch will have to play due to our injury list.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:45 am 
Wayne Johnston

Humpers wrote:
Thankfully Sam Taylor and Coniglio will miss for GWS.

Cincotta to replace Saad, Marchbank (if fit) or Cowan for McGovern and hopefully Motlop for Pittonet - with Fantasia going back to sub.
Carroll, O Hollands and Fantasia on thin ice however I'm not sure we have any other options right now. I'm assuming that Cerra won't be available.

Neither Motlop nor Cincotta playing in the VFL today.

Young and Cowans most likely ins.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:11 am 
Ken Hunter

MPH78 wrote:

Also 2022. Needed 1 win with Brisbane, Melbourne and Collingwood ahead.
Lose the game and lose Kennedy and Newman with injury and neither play again that year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Unavailable Carlton Players: Jack Silvagni, Jesse Motlop, Adam Cerra*, Lachie Fogarty, Mitch McGovern*, Sam Docherty, Jack Martin, Caleb Marchbank, David Cuningham, Matthew Carroll, Sam Durdin, Adam Saad*, Alex Mirkov
And quite possibly Cincotta

That leaves
Binns, Moir, Cowan, Akuei, Monohan, Lemmey,
Young, Okeefe and Wilson

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:07 am 
Ken Hunter

david31 wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. We had almost an identical record last year to this year coming out of a bad loss to the crows and into a tough block of games. Add in an injury list that might have hit the tipping point and there’s cause for concern. Over to the coaches and players to work it out. The next 5-6 games will go a long way to defining our top 4 prospects.

True. We were undefeated after 4 games last year, 3 wins and a draw.
It all went to crap after that for a couple of months.
With a long injury list I hope the same thing doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
Unavailable Carlton Players: Jack Silvagni, Jesse Motlop, Adam Cerra*, Lachie Fogarty, Mitch McGovern*, Sam Docherty, Jack Martin, Caleb Marchbank, David Cuningham, Matthew Carroll, Sam Durdin, Adam Saad*, Alex Mirkov
And quite possibly Cincotta

That leaves
Binns, Moir, Cowan, Akuei, Monohan, Lemmey,
Young, Okeefe and Wilson

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Could Marchbank and Motlop be available for next week's match vs GWS?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Absolute backs to the wall stuff this. The injuries are gutting but I'm loving how deep the club is going to have to dig in to cover, which we've done before. This is where the players really get to look to their left & right & see who's with them in the trenches

Let's hope the squad & the fans really bring the heat against this made up artificial club on Saturday :twisted:

Bring it on!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
Young and Cowans most likely ins.

I'd bring in Norman Cowans if the game was at the MCG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Niche quality CK :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

6/54 if memory serves :lol: