Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:32 pm 
Robert Walls

Backs - Simon White - Lachie Plowman - Sam Rowe
HB: Zach Tuohy - Sam Docherty - Kade Simpson (C)
C: Blaine Boekhorst - Patrick Cripps - Ed Curnow
HF: Dennis Armfield - Matthew Kreuzer - Matthew Wright
F: Dylan Buckley - Levi Casboult - Jack Silvagni
R: Andrew Phillips - Bryce Gibbs - Sam Kerridge

Interchange from: Jacob Weitering - Dale Thomas - Andrew Walker - Nick Graham - Liam Sumner - Mark Whiley - Andrejs Everitt

In: Walker, Thomas, Whiley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

My guess would be Everitt and one of Sumner or Weitering out for Thomas and Walker. Obviously Weitering only rested if they decide he needs it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

Two rucks and just one key forward again. Our usual match losing, non-scoring structure. Zero from 10 with that one. Tough gig for Casboult those circumstances. 6 from 8 with two key forwards.

As much as I like Phillips we have played by far our best footy without him when he was injured. Most time playing two rucks is often like having 17 men on the ground as they are both not good when not on the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Fair Dinkum ! we need to get over Daisy and move on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:06 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jim wrote:
Two rucks and just one key forward again. Our usual match losing, non-scoring structure. Zero from 10 with that one. Tough gig for Casboult those circumstances. 6 from 8 with two key forwards.

As much as I like Phillips we have played by far our best footy without him when he was injured. Most time playing two rucks is often like having 17 men on the ground as they are both not good when not on the ball.

On the bright side Kreuzer and Phillips took a total of 4 contested marks inside 50 last week. Big K in particular looked quite good inside 50. At least the equal of Jones. So in actual fact last week you got the structure you crave.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jim wrote:

I tend to agree with you.

Said something similar last week. And I do like Phillips, but Kreuzer seems to play better when he's the lone ruckman - but perhaps he doesn't have the fitness or engine to run out a full game - I don't know???

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

club29 wrote:
jim wrote:

On the bright side Kreuzer and Phillips took a total of 4 contested marks inside 50 last week. Big K in particular looked quite good inside 50. At least the equal of Jones. So in actual fact last week you got the structure you crave.

That's one week. Our score were higher with one ruck, meant we got better output from both Kreuzer and especially Casboult, our forward line opened up allowing our smaller blokes space in the 50 to run and convert.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

ryan2000 wrote:
jim wrote:

I tend to agree with you.

Said something similar last week. And I do like Phillips, but Kreuzer seems to play better when he's the lone ruckman - but perhaps he doesn't have the fitness or engine to run out a full game - I don't know???

Kreuzer's really good at running out games. 11 tackles against Geelong, hero against Port. Similar to previous years, much better on the ball all day with help from Casboult, who finds 3 extra gears when he gets a run on the ball. Gets his hands on the ball and confidence rises. Last year he played either full time 2nd ruck or key forward relieving in the ruck and average 1.5 goals a game. As a full time, one out key forward he can't get near it as the ball is bombed to him with 3 blokes on him. I always found Casboult at hiss best playing the old "Leigh Brown" role.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 pm 
Robert Walls

Not sure why then we can't leave Phillips forward with Levi and make sure they don't run to the same spot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
Fair Dinkum ! we need to get over Daisy and move on.

Perhaps Walks wants to be surrounded by the other great contributors of the CFC?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:13 am 
Bob Chitty

Juanita Jones wrote:
Not sure why then we can't leave Phillips forward with Levi and make sure they don't run to the same spot.

Because the best coaching team we have had in a long time have a long term plan they are sticking to rather than a short term decision to win this weekends game. They have clearly shown when Charlie is fit they like to play two tall forwards havnt they? They are making everybody earn their spots and the long term plan clearly needs our other tall forwards currently healthy and in the twos to keep working on some things before a senior call up.

I believe the coaches will deliver the two key forward structure in time. We just have to be patient and enjoy the improvement so far.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:

Because the best coaching team we have had in a long time have a long term plan they are sticking to rather than a short term decision to win this weekends game. They have clearly shown when Charlie is fit they like to play two tall forwards havnt they? They are making everybody earn their spots and the long term plan clearly needs our other tall forwards currently healthy and in the twos to keep working on some things before a senior call up.

I believe the coaches will deliver the two key forward structure in time. We just have to be patient and enjoy the improvement so far.

Thanks Crippa. You make sense.

Jaksch and Jones are contracted for next year, so they have plenty of time to get their game sorted.
They are given the opportunity to fix up their shortfalls in the reserves.
They have to make it happen.They know the coaching team consider Charlie ahead of them, so pressure is on them.

Bolton is developing and teaching players. We are just not use to this....yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:47 am 
Serge Silvagni

bondiblue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:

Thanks Crippa. You make sense.

Jaksch and Jones are contracted for next year, so they have plenty of time to get their game sorted.
They are given the opportunity to fix up their shortfalls in the reserves.
They have to make it happen.They know the coaching team consider Charlie ahead of them, so pressure is on them.

Bolton is developing and teaching players. We are just not use to this....yet.

It's taking a while for some TC-ers to catch on as well :wink:

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:40 am 
John Nicholls

Crippa wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:

Nailed it Crippa. As well as sticking to structure, it doesn't hurt getting our rucks rotating forward so they get used to playing dual roles if/as necessary and the players around them get used to working with and responding to it if/when it has to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Has someone got stats on how many time someone has handballed to Tuohy running past to have a shot from a mark or freekick outside 50 and we scored a goal out of it?? From memory I think he has scored 1 maybe 2 goals out of 20-30 shots the last 2 years? Why do we keep doing it as most of his kicks fall short and get punched over the line?? :confused:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:39 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

scottopee wrote:
Has someone got stats on how many time someone has handballed to Tuohy running past to have a shot from a mark or freekick outside 50 and we scored a goal out of it?? From memory I think he has scored 1 maybe 2 goals out of 20-30 shots the last 2 years? Why do we keep doing it as most of his kicks fall short and get punched over the line?? :confused:

He's done it 13 times for 8 goals 3 and 2 have fallen short.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
scottopee wrote:

Yeah, but it doesn't feel like that.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
scottopee wrote:

good stats out of the same stat book that has Liam Jones on 99 goals this year :sly:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

scottopee wrote:

He is clearly a good kick for goal on the run and had can kick it 55 meters, probably the best kick for goal on the run in our side. I'm guessing that's why we keep doing it. In most instances the player who hand balls it off is beyond his distance, therefore it's a wise move giving it off to someone who has a penetrating accurate kick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Boys wrote:
scottopee wrote:

He is clearly a good kick for goal on the run and had can kick it 55 meters, probably the best kick for goal on the run in our side. I'm guessing that's why we keep doing it. In most instances the player who hand balls it off is beyond his distance, therefore it's a wise move giving it off to someone who has a penetrating accurate kick.

He's kicked 3 goals 4 behinds this year :roll:
Please its not wise to give it to someone who rarely scores! If a player is outside their distance pass it to a forward or someone who will kick a goal......

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next