Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:46 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15331
Location: Bondi Beach
robertbb wrote:
Synners said don't worry about Barker. Why are you worrying? Synners knows good talent when he sees it.

He told us all Cripps was a lardas........ star!



:lol: :lol:

Synners had a political agenda.
Artful with his deflection.
Intelligent fellow.
You didn't have to believe everything he said as gospel

He was wrong a lot...he wanted Kerridge in the draft...but what he was doing is basically bringing our attention the disastrous personnel we had in recruitment.

Cripps was their only winner.

AS for Barker...he was the least of our problems back when he was recruited, but now is a glaring problem that needs fixing...last year, let alone now.

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:03 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm
Posts: 6913
bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Synners said don't worry about Barker. Why are you worrying? Synners knows good talent when he sees it.

He told us all Cripps was a lardas........ star!



:lol: :lol:

Synners had a political agenda.
Artful with his deflection.
Intelligent fellow.
You didn't have to believe everything he said as gospel

He was wrong a lot...he wanted Kerridge in the draft...but what he was doing is basically bringing our attention the disastrous personnel we had in recruitment.

Cripps was their only winner.

AS for Barker...he was the least of our problems back when he was recruited, but now is a glaring problem that needs fixing...last year, let alone now.


I hadn't noticed. :lol:

_________________
Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano. Fortem posce animum mortis terrore carentem, qui spatium vitae extremum inter munera ponat naturae, qui ferre queat quoscumque labores.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:52 am 
Offline
Serge Silvagni

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 991
Location: dudley!!!
robertbb wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Synners said don't worry about Barker. Why are you worrying? Synners knows good talent when he sees it.

He told us all Cripps was a lardas........ star!



:lol: :lol:

Synners had a political agenda.
Artful with his deflection.
Intelligent fellow.
You didn't have to believe everything he said as gospel

He was wrong a lot...he wanted Kerridge in the draft...but what he was doing is basically bringing our attention the disastrous personnel we had in recruitment.

Cripps was their only winner.

AS for Barker...he was the least of our problems back when he was recruited, but now is a glaring problem that needs fixing...last year, let alone now.


I hadn't noticed. :lol:


:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

_________________
Digby Morrell for coach 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:47 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 22003
So why haven't we sacked this bloke yet?

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:04 am 
Offline
formerly Fevola

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 3684
Whether he is a good coach or not, given the amount of time spent with us and not progressing as a team, surely we try someone else?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:48 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 22602
Location: Kaloyasena
bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Synners said don't worry about Barker. Why are you worrying? Synners knows good talent when he sees it.

He told us all Cripps was a lardas........ star!



Cripps was their only winner..




Cripps was Rogers/Hughes “put 100 monkeys with typewriters in a room for a billion years and one of them will knock out Hamlet” moment.


:lol:

_________________
"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill


Message to “you know who you are” - my name is not Chris or Carrot and I’ve been happily married for 31 years and still going strong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:13 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 32865
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
This @#$%&! guy......seriously.....

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 755
Seriously, how do you have a bloke coaching stoppages / clearances, who never played a minute at a clearance?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:18 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 755
And prior to that, he was the forward coach during our clubs worst ever scoring era


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:18 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:14 pm
Posts: 5452
Location: Melbourne
Yes, he’s still at the club.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:26 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 pm
Posts: 422
Can’t understand why the whole coaching department has changed over the last 7 years except this guy. What am I missing? We’ve been smacked in the middle two weeks in a row


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:33 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:03 pm
Posts: 1321
Location: Brisbane, QLD
32 pages is an awfully verbose way of saying ‘no’


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:40 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm
Posts: 6913
OK new theory. Those naked photos of... someone... that Andy McKay wielded to keep him in his role for so long... John Barker now has them. It's the only explanation.

_________________
Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano. Fortem posce animum mortis terrore carentem, qui spatium vitae extremum inter munera ponat naturae, qui ferre queat quoscumque labores.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:52 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:14 pm
Posts: 5452
Location: Melbourne
david31 wrote:
Can’t understand why the whole coaching department has changed over the last 7 years except this guy. What am I missing? We’ve been smacked in the middle two weeks in a row


Barker now in his 11th season at the club coaching, or something.

Why? Reasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:02 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 1617
Certainly not trying to deflect, but who has been or forwards coach the past few years. They deserve some heat too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:35 am 
Offline
Bert Deacon

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 508
How awful is this guy, thank you barker to adding to our losing culture !! ... apparently he must working for free , it’s the only explanation as to why he is still at the club

_________________
#itstimeformuphysgoodbye


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:36 am 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm
Posts: 3638
Location: Bendigo
Watershed moment for Henry Playfair.

_________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:17 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15331
Location: Bondi Beach
Crusader wrote:
Watershed moment for Henry Playfair.


Indeed

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:23 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 32865
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
The same Henry Playfair no longer employed by the club?

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:41 pm 
Offline
Adrian Gallagher

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:53 am
Posts: 61
How do we expect to instil a winning culture or go anywhere with this guy still around. He has only been part of a losing culture throughout his playing and coaching career. Part of the worst period for Hawthorn while playing and worst period for us while coaching. Cannot believe this guy has kept his job. This guy is the definition of a leech and seems to be impossible to get rid of.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: frank dardew and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group