Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Split from this topic -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34788

--

Change it to Carlton under this junta you owe nothing to.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:35 am 
Bruce Doull

teagueyubeauty wrote:
Great OP, my sentiments exactly though I've only seen 4.

You find out a lot about people in the hard times!!!!

Yeah.. You certainly do find out what our leadership is like.. As they include us while shutting is out!
We're not zombies hypnotized.
It's ludicrous to believe we need to show loyalty to money bags and a buffoon

Post subject: Carlton owe me nothing
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:10 am 
Geoff Southby

Synbad wrote:
teagueyubeauty wrote:

Yeah.. You certainly do find out what our leadership is like.. As they include us while shutting is out!

I concur, we all love the club none of us are jumping ship, we all care, we don't have to like what is going on at the club though.

I am not a member this year and I had been since 1990, I will join up once I see an actual direction off the field I believe in, like I can see from St Kilda and the doggies.

Blind loyalty isn't the answer here when we have board members with cash who throw good money after bad all the time.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:13 am 
Geoff Southby

BKB and Synners you come out with a lot of great posts.

Unfortunately loyalty is not one of them.

Synners you are such a Hellenist and hypocrite continuing extolling the virtues of the ancient Greeks but not going into the great detail of their failures overs the last 2500 years rather passing the buck on to somebody else for Greece's failures. Are the EU or multi-national conglomerates out there. :smile:

Here we have a thread by blue blood CFC loyalists talking of their love for the club and bleeding nostalgia. I have similar memories.

It is safe to say that we all agree on what our ONCE GREAT club has become.

BUT why do intelligent persons such as you have to troll in such a manner. start your own thread on the problems with the CFC. Just totally inappropriate for this one.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:30 am 
Geoff Southby

I do believe my post above spreads more widely than I originally thought. I believe most of us are currently disappointed with aspects of the club and it will be a long road back. This is just the wrong thread to vent our frustrations.

It is for those loyalists who remember the good times. And we did have good tiimes, a lot of them. Does anybody say the loyalists do not understand the crisis the club is in? Of course they do. I am one. Spent thousands on family tickets this year. Against my better judgement will do so next year. :smile: But I can see the dark side as well. Is there anything wrong with that.

Say it again, wrong thread to vent the frustrations. Start your own.

Last edited by Teddy Hopkins on Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:34 am 
Bruce Doull

Loyalty to what though?
The club?
The club doesn't speak it has no emotions it has no thoughts.
You're asking people to be loyal to Trigg and MLG .. And sticks.. Mick.. Judd.. Ratten.. McKay..
Betts..fevola.. Karl Norman + Lawrence Angwin..Carazzo..
You can't be because they're all coming in and leaving.. But it's what they leave behind that influences things.. And they will all influence the club in a massive amount of different ways.
So how do you show loyalty to so many different things that drive the drone that is the club.
It takes human flesh.. Human thought.. Human sweat and human decisions.
But with each era it will morph into a totally different beast!
To show loyalty to everything about it would also excuse Germans for showing loyalty to every part and thought of Germany including Nazi Germany.
If you want to be loyal to the spirit you must stand up and exercise your conscience.
If you do not you're disloyal to the spirit of the football club
. but loyal to the people trampling it underneath.
People that have usurped what the soul of this club should be for their very own selfish interests.
I'm loyal to the spirit of this'club' for what it's supposed to be and how I grew up knowing it.
Others are loyal to the club even when it's turned into a rag.
That's fair enough.. But don't criticize Essendon* supporters showing their loyalty to their people and not what they should want their club to be..
That's extreme hypocrisy.

Post subject: Carlton owe me nothing
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:40 am 
Craig Bradley

Synbad wrote:
teagueyubeauty wrote:

Did I say you need or should be a member? Get off your high horse mate

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:40 am 
Bruce Doull

The truth is nobody owes anybody ,anything. Except those who put their hands up to lead the club and those getting paid and paying suppliers, employees and so on.
That's what this board needs to get their heads around.
Their emotional blackmail ie " I am Carlton " doesn't mean jack shit if being Carlton is a junk yard.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:45 am 
Bruce Doull

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
BKB and Synners you come out with a lot of great posts.

Unfortunately loyalty is not one of them.

Synners you are such a Hellenist and hypocrite continuing extolling the virtues of the ancient Greeks but not going into the great detail of their failures overs the last 2500 years rather passing the buck on to somebody else for Greece's failures. Are the EU or multi-national conglomerates out there. :smile:

Here we have a thread by blue blood CFC loyalists talking of their love for the club and bleeding nostalgia. I have similar memories.

It is safe to say that we all agree on what our ONCE GREAT club has become.

BUT why do intelligent persons such as you have to troll in such a manner. start your own thread on the problems with the CFC. Just totally inappropriate for this one.

I agree.

:beer:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:49 am 
Geoff Southby

Synbad wrote:
Loyalty to what though?
The club?
The club doesn't speak it has no emotions it has no thoughts.
You're asking people to be loyal to Trigg and MLG .. And sticks.. Mick.. Judd.. Ratten.. McKay..
Betts..fevola.. Karl Norman + Lawrence Angwin..Carazzo..
You can't be because they're all coming in and leaving.. But it's what they leave behind that influences things.. And they will all influence the club in a massive amount of different ways.
So how do you show loyalty to so many different things that drive the drone that is the club.
It takes human flesh.. Human thought.. Human sweat and human decisions.
But with each era it will morph into a totally different beast!
To show loyalty to everything about it would also excuse Germans for showing loyalty to every part and thought of Germany including Nazi Germany.
If you want to be loyal to the spirit you must stand up and exercise your conscience.
If you do not you're disloyal to the spirit of the football club
. but loyal to the people trampling it underneath.
People that have usurped what the soul of this club should be for their very own selfish interests.
I'm loyal to the spirit of this'club' for what it's supposed to be and how I grew up knowing it.
Others are loyal to the club even when it's turned into a rag.
That's fair enough.. But don't criticize Essendon** supporters showing their loyalty to their people and not what they should want their club to be..
That's extreme hypocrisy.

Synners, this is why I have said it in previous posts I would love to debate you face to face where you would have to answer questions directly and on the topic.All in good fun of course. :smile:

Because you just do not get it.

I did not say and never have said there were not faults within the CFC and that they should not be brought into the open, exposed, cleansed, cured, made good, so that we may become a great club again.
BUT THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD. GO START YOUR OWN THREAD WITH THE POSSIBLE HEADING OF RANT

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:03 am 
Bruce Doull

Actually I don't think you know what you're talking about when you want to confine a point with no expansion.
You cannot do it
Everything has a context.. Unless you want to find one thing on the universe that has no contex
It's a serious flaw in thought when you're trying to package this in points that can't be expanded upon.
A bit like the club now that doesn't understand an ecosystem but attempts to fix things in individual pieces

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm 
John Nicholls

Wooo, Teddy and Synners at it again. Different topic this time... but a trend has already emerged.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

I don't owe you anything or Teddy

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
Wooo, Teddy and Synners at it again. Different topic this time... but a trend has already emerged.

A great Wiggles song. "We are on the way to Wiggle Bay".

That makes as much sense as Synners in this thread.

How he just doesn't get it I can't get it. There are hundreds of threads on TC for those who have an opinion on something and want to express it. It is simply what you do on TC. Synners only can answer why he is trying to hijack this one..

He is also trying to use the age old Synners trick of turning the debate 180 degrees around and into something entirely and inadequately on topic for any year 10's debating teacher to accept. But let's not use another of Synner's tactics of 'when all else fails get personal' :smile:

And robbie, after saying all that I am saying this, I have now banned myself from this thread!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:51 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Hang on. Are you guys saying that the only valid response in a thread is one that agrees with the OP??

Ay donna tink so.

This thread is "Nobody owes anybody anything". Now apart from the obvious grammatical errors (Should be "Nobody owes nobody nothing" or actually "nuffin"), if I think that somebody owes me something, I'm still entitled to post in the thread.

So that thread that was "Carlton owes me nothing" had a proposition that I disagree with. Shirley I'm allowed to express that opinion.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

No opinions!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

moshe25 wrote:
Hang on. Are you guys saying that the only valid response in a thread is one that agrees with the OP??

Ay donna tink so.

This thread is "Nobody owes anybody anything". Now apart from the obvious grammatical errors (Should be "Nobody owes nobody nothing" or actually "nuffin"), if I think that somebody owes me something, I'm still entitled to post in the thread.

So that thread that was "Carlton owes me nothing" had a proposition that I disagree with. Shirley I'm allowed to express that opinion.

And if I hadn't banned myself from this thread I would have replied with:

AND DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

moshe25 wrote:

Ay donna tink so.

Discussion is fine. Most people can do this sensibly. :thumbsup:

In his usual style, Synbad was starting to become overly dominant and ruining the thread.

He gets a pretty long leash, he can't really complain, nor can anyone else, if we ask him to show some restraint in a thread here or there.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

We don't like dominant types.. Loll

No Wayne Johnstons
. we want Kane Lucas

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

I owe KK a cheese board.