Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
If my email to the Club means anything :smile: , Barkly Smokehouse, Amore Cheese, and McDonald’s won’t be corporate sponsors going forward.

Now there’s a way to improve culture. :thumbsup:

Is Barkly a Tobacco pedler? Amore a Brothel? McDonalds a seed patenter?

Tell me more. Curious.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
bluedog wrote:
If my email to the Club means anything :smile: , Barkly Smokehouse, Amore Cheese, and McDonald’s won’t be corporate sponsors going forward.

Now there’s a way to improve culture. :thumbsup:

Is Barkly a Tobacco pedler? Amore a Brothel? McDonalds a seed patenter?

Tell me more. Curious.

Quote:
Cultural traditions are passed on through generations, perpetuating our use of animals for food and pleasure. In upholding religious festivals and food practices, medicinal ‘cures’, and superstitious beliefs, animal abuse continues without question. We can be reluctant to let go of cultural traditions, seeing change as a rejection of our culture, or even an attack on our identity.

Quote:
Whether for sport, entertainment, religious sacrifices, or food preferences, people are prepared to defend their culture against criticism, rather than question the ethics.

But as we learn more about our environment and its animals, cultural traditions based on outdated circumstances can be revised.

Progress isn’t just about improved technology, engineering, or medicine, it’s about moral progress that recognises animals as sentient beings worthy of our respect and consideration.

https://tracybrighten.com/animal-welfare/re-think-cultural-traditions/

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:43 am 
Geoff Southby

Well obviously John Hollingsworth has tried to get in the board but can’t because of the constitution and the biased selection process
Look Sayers may be a better President maybe not but he has been part of a board that has overseen the crap going on below them for nine years.
If he felt so strongly about stuff whey wouldn’t he not associate himself from the Pratt’s and Mathiesons and get his own ticket together and challenge these old cronies

I’m not a big fan of Twitter but judging by the tweets Hollingsworth has written he certainly has a similar view of the board as yours truly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Well obviously John Hollingsworth has tried to get in the board but can’t because of the constitution and the biased selection process
Look Sayers may be a better President maybe not but he has been part of a board that has overseen the crap going on below them for nine years.
If he felt so strongly about stuff whey wouldn’t he not associate himself from the Pratt’s and Mathiesons and get his own ticket together and challenge these old cronies

I’m not a big fan of Twitter but judging by the tweets Hollingsworth has written he certainly has a similar view of the board as yours truly

Sayers will only be President for 4 years from what I understand. He's not doing it for money, or because he wants to hang out with the Board, other than on match day.

I believe he wants to serve with purpose. He's seen plenty of things he likes and dislikes in the running of the club. I feel the right vibe on this one, after the great work MLG has done to pave the way, clear of off field onstacles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
The Carlton board is facing another challenge from an investment fund manager who has called for a review of the club board’s performance and urged Carlton members to assist him in “taking back control of our club”.

Former Softball Australia chairman John Hollingsworth, who stood unsuccessfully for election to the Carlton board twice, has confirmed that he will challenge the Blues’ board at the end of this season, while calling on incoming president Luke Sayers to do a “full overhaul” of the board that he says has failed for two decades.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-assistant-barker-resigns-will-depart-during-bye-20210608-p57z14.html

Hollingsworth has got his Review, albeit the focus is on the Football Dept, and not the Board as a whole.

He's also got Sayers taking control but might be too late to overhaul the Board. Hopefully he musters enough support to see the EGM vote fail till proper discussion takes place when sayers takes control. Seems the right way to go about change for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I was wondering if any on here are going to back that Vince bloke who is petitioning for Board spill.

Surely Keogh has signed up

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:39 am 
Banned

Sayers has turned the club into a circus and he hasn't even taken control yet.

Interesting times ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:01 am 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:

Interesting times ahead.

Really???
How has he and what are some examples of this circus you talk about????
I'm interested to know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:14 am 
Banned

deano35 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Interesting times ahead.

Really???
I'm interested to know.

You can't see it - read the media - it's a damn circus with clowns everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:30 am 
Ken Hunter

as opposed to the Hawthorn circus, the Gold Coast circus, the Collingwood circus, The Eagles circus...replacing the North circus, the GWS circus, the Essendon* circus...wait maybe the common denominator here is the media?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:32 am 
Banned

dannyboy wrote:
as opposed to the Hawthorn circus, the Gold Coast circus, the Collingwood circus, The Eagles circus...replacing the North circus, the GWS circus, the Essendon** circus...wait maybe the common denominator here is the media?

Well cant blame the media when Sayers decided in his wisdom to make the review open for public execution.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:36 am 
Craig Bradley

Just because you don’t agree with the footy dept review and you are afraid that the outworking of the review may be to move the present coach on doesn’t mean it is a circus

The board have done well in terms of finances and substantial increase in membership over the last few years.

Obviously we need to also see a lift of infield performance and the board create the best environment for that in terms of personnel and facilities

The one area which they haven’t done well is board renewal and succession planning and the incumbents have too much control over that process.Regrettably they don’t seek renewal from skilled and experience out of their own orbit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Interesting times ahead.

Really???
I'm interested to know.

You can't see it - read the media - it's a damn circus with clowns everywhere.

No , YOU are making the statement that the clubs a circus so I'm assuming YOU have knowledge of this.
I'm not Interested in what the media says I'm asking YOU to please give me some examples of this circus YOU tell us about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

A review was needed. Consistently long injury list, team playing without a recognisable defensive system, talk of administration overstepping the mark with football department decisions.
We have to recognise the problems before they can be addressed.
There's only 1 person I've heard say it was unnecessary. That's you Walsh. AFAIC, it's a great initiative and hopefully it provides positive outcomes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

I really don't have any problem with the review itself or the fact that they've made it public that they're having one.

It's only a circus if they go public with its findings or if the findings are unintentionally leaked. All we've seen so far is heresay & makey uppey from Jon Anderson, & that doesn't count.

We're an underperforming organisation in our most crucial area - winning games of football. We're looking into why that is the case. Nothing wrong with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:53 pm 
Banned

A review is always needed once every 2-3 years. I think this is the point so when things are not going Sayers way he will spit the dummy and cry to the media? Because thats what it looks like to me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
A review is always needed once every 2-3 years. I think this is the point so when things are not going Sayers way he will spit the dummy and cry to the media? Because thats what it looks like to me.

I'm still waiting for you to post some examples of this CIRCUS that YOU tell us about ?????

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

deano35 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to post some examples of this CIRCUS that YOU tell us about ?????

Don't hold your breath. Sayers ran over Walsh's cat, and Teague was the one who stroked his hair while he cried himself to sleep

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

And for the sake of completeness Dow was with Sayers when he ran over the cat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

deano35 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus comes to mind.
Aka "The Greatest Show on Earth" :smoking:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 174  Next