Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

And the panel is ,,,

Graham Lowe is a high performance and leadership consultant who for the last two decades has worked across multiple levels of professional sport both nationally and globally including AFL, rugby (domestic and international) and America’s Cup sailing.

His recent sporting experience and expertise involves being a key contributor to the Western Bulldogs 2016 Premiership in his role of General Manager – Football, along with working within high performance for the New Zealand All Blacks.

Outside of sport, Graham has also consulted with several organisations in the delivery and facilitation of leadership and development, including Ernst & Young and worked with clients such as Google and Walt Disney Australia / New Zealand.

Geoff Walsh is one of Victoria’s most experienced and accomplished sports administrators, holding leadership roles at both state and national levels over an extensive career in elite sport. He contains a strong skill set in people management, problem solving, innovation, and sustained sporting excellence.

A respected AFL administrator, Geoff has worked across multiple AFL clubs and has extensive experience leading AFL programs that have delivered four Premierships, 10 grand finalists, and 25 finals series teams.

Matthew Pavlich was an AFL captain for nine years during his 17-year career at the Fremantle Dockers, becoming the first WA-based player to play over 300 AFL games.

Off the field, Matthew has obtained both a Bachelor of Science and an MBA from the University of Western Australia. He also completed a three-year tenure as the AFLPA’s President and was a member of their board of directors for nine years. During his AFL career, Matthew also spent time on the AFL Laws of the Game Committee.

He is an established media presenter with Fox Sports and Channel 9 and has a number of business interests including PMY Group, Lumin Technologies and PickStar.

Last edited by Navy One on Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:36 pm 
Robert Walls

The people doing the review:
Graham Lowe
Geoff Walsh
Matthew Pavlich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluechampion wrote:
The people doing the review:
Graham Lowe
Geoff Walsh
Matthew Pavlich

I had to google Graham Lowe. Good to see someone outside the AFL bubble involved.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:54 pm 
Robert Walls

The only thing missing from the update is the proposed time line - does anyone know when the panel is expected to report back to the board?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluebo baggers wrote:
The only thing missing from the update is the proposed time line - does anyone know when the panel is expected to report back to the board?

Shortly after Sayers sends them the findings, yeah?!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:01 pm 
Horrie Clover

bluebo baggers wrote:

For what its worth, Adelaide Crows did their review in 6 weeks which Pavlich was part of.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Geoff Walsh was at Carlton during the better years. Be interesting to see his views.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:25 pm 
Banned

For supporters who are not members (yet)

The Club recently announced that it will undertake an independent football department review to be conducted by an external panel of experts in the industry.

The first part of this process has been to finalise the external panel who will lead this process.

I am pleased to advise you that the following three panel members will conduct a holistic review of the entire football department. This panel will be led by incoming President Luke Sayers with the support of CEO Cain Liddle, and the final report with its recommendations will be delivered to the Carlton Football Club Board.

The three-member panel will be:

Graham Lowe
Geoff Walsh
Matthew Pavlich
Graham Lowe is a high performance and leadership consultant who for the last two decades has worked across multiple levels of professional sport both nationally and globally including AFL, rugby (domestic and international) and America’s Cup sailing.

His recent sporting experience and expertise involves being a key contributor to the Western Bulldogs 2016 Premiership in his role of General Manager – Football, along with working within high performance for the New Zealand All Blacks.

Outside of sport, Graham has also consulted with several organisations in the delivery and facilitation of leadership and development, including Ernst & Young and worked with clients such as Google and Walt Disney Australia / New Zealand.

Geoff Walsh is one of Victoria’s most experienced and accomplished sports administrators, holding leadership roles at both state and national levels over an extensive career in elite sport. He contains a strong skill set in people management, problem solving, innovation, and sustained sporting excellence.

A respected AFL administrator, Geoff has worked across multiple AFL clubs and has extensive experience leading AFL programs that have delivered four Premierships, 10 grand finalists, and 25 finals series teams.

Matthew Pavlich was an AFL captain for nine years during his 17-year career at the Fremantle Dockers, becoming the first WA-based player to play over 300 AFL games.

Off the field, Matthew has obtained both a Bachelor of Science and an MBA from the University of Western Australia. He also completed a three-year tenure as the AFLPA’s President and was a member of their board of directors for nine years. During his AFL career, Matthew also spent time on the AFL Laws of the Game Committee.

He is an established media presenter with Fox Sports and Channel 9 and has a number of business interests including PMY Group, Lumin Technologies and PickStar.

In what is an important process, the experienced panel members will be afforded the time required to conduct the extensive review and as such there will not be an ongoing commentary of the review. The panel will provide the necessary recommendations to the Board, to take the football department forward.

We understand our members and supporters expect more from an on-field performance perspective. As a club, we are fully aware that we exist to win games of football and ultimately win premierships.

You, together with all our members and supporters can rest assured we remain committed to improve our on-field performance, while also ensuring this football club continues to be relentless in its pursuit of excellence and success.

That is why we have embarked on this mid-season independent football review.

History will show you that in challenging times, the best clubs stay united and supportive.

I thank you for your continued support of the Carlton Football Club.

Alternate text
Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 120101

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

What a load of shit
I ll say it again
Who actually decided to give up 3 picks for McGovern
2 for Setterfield
Who decided to play a small fortune to get Williams Saad and Martin and Mc Govern
Who appointed SOS who wouldn’t know a good mid if he fell over one
Which is the main reason we are in the shit
And again
Does the board get a review
What do they individually do
Don’t go on the website
Unless you want to be sugar coated
How many times does this wheel continue to turn

Coaches often coach how they played
Teague was one of the hardest players I saw
Chris Judd as I said before escapes scrutiny
Can anyone tell me what he actually does
What’s his role in why we are 14 th

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

We really should've done something like this much earlier than 2021 I reckon

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Also the panel should be keogh, Heavs, & CC1961

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluebo baggers wrote:
All assistant coaches have to be notified before August 1st if they will be required for the following year.

So I guess sometime before then

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
Also the panel should be keogh, Heavs, & CC1961

Are they available?
Could the Club afford the $$? :smoking:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

You know
It’s hard to believe a review is needed
Look at the one constant in all this
It’s called window dressing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Not worth the effort

Last edited by Blue Vain on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

camel wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

Shortly after Sayers sends them the findings, yeah?!

What I don't get is hearing criticism about the timing, starting it now rather than end of season.

Starting it now means the findings get delivered at the start of our 2022 preparations, rather than early next year when it's too @#$%&! late to do anything about it.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

WE FINALLY GOT PAVLICH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

17th Premiership wrote:
WE FINALLY GOT PAVLICH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:24 pm 
formerly Fevola

What’s the point of a full review when Teague is not getting reviewed. I mean he is an important part of the football dept. Not saying get rid of him but he needs to be reviewed too. What a crock !!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Surely he is being reviewed. That's part of the deal.

The noise from MLG on that hasn't helped

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 174  Next