Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:08 am 
Craig Bradley

Good on them. Time will tell how effective this is, but the whole club needs to be put on notice and this is the first step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:21 am 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/954297/football-department-mid-season-review?fbclid=IwAR1ssSqjwEMPxZqH1eKYvmTesDN7cYlo29EIXjbmIiaMiUZlD8sK1qUZsO8

Quote:
“Rather than wait until the conclusion of the 2021 season to undertake this review, we feel the opportunity is available to formalise this now, as we head into the half-way mark of the season.”

Best thing I've read from Carlton media department in a while.
Now let's see if they follow it through professionally and it's not just another marketing tactic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:28 am 
Bob Chitty

AIRCAV wrote:
It does beg the question. Do we have no controls in place to stop it going off the rails? If the review finds serious issues, then it begs the question, what is Head of Football and all the other managers doing if they aren't aware of these issues?

It means a lot of people are asleep at the wheel.

Agreed AIRCAV
IMO Brad Lloyd really seems out of his depth and the review will assess whether this is true. His Carlton resume includes:
- recommending Teague’s appointment to the board (and many are rightfully now questioning Teague)
- approving the McGovern 5x800k contract
- approving other big money contracts (Williams etc)
- most damningly for me, failing to change even one assistant coach at the end of 2020 when it was obvious to everyone that our coaching panel needed a shake up.
This is a guy who heads the football department that determined we were on the cusp of finals at the end of 2020. 12 games in we are 7% off the bottom 4. He’s either overrated the list or misread our coaching situation or both. Either way it is a massive concern.
And then he goes on SEN last week and is completely lost for answers as to why we are going badly. He’s paid to have these answers. He recommended this senior coach, didn’t change the assistants and has ticked off on all the moves to the playing list since the end of the 2018 season.
His position must be looked at carefully IMO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 am 
Craig Bradley

What also worries me is that today he saying he is not concerned with Cripps and Harry re-signing

Has he got anything right

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:01 am 
Bruce Doull

I think it's safe to assume Lloyd is sprucing up his CV as we speak.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:34 am 
Bruce Doull

david31 wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:
It does beg the question. Do we have no controls in place to stop it going off the rails? If the review finds serious issues, then it begs the question, what is Head of Football and all the other managers doing if they aren't aware of these issues?

It means a lot of people are asleep at the wheel.

Agreed AIRCAV
IMO Brad Lloyd really seems out of his depth and the review will assess whether this is true. His Carlton resume includes:
- recommending Teague’s appointment to the board (and many are rightfully now questioning Teague)
- approving the McGovern 5x800k contract
- approving other big money contracts (Williams etc)
- most damningly for me, failing to change even one assistant coach at the end of 2020 when it was obvious to everyone that our coaching panel needed a shake up.
This is a guy who heads the football department that determined we were on the cusp of finals at the end of 2020. 12 games in we are 7% off the bottom 4. He’s either overrated the list or misread our coaching situation or both. Either way it is a massive concern.
And then he goes on SEN last week and is completely lost for answers as to why we are going badly. He’s paid to have these answers. He recommended this senior coach, didn’t change the assistants and has ticked off on all the moves to the playing list since the end of the 2018 season.
His position must be looked at carefully IMO

Let's hope the review isn't narrowly focused on the coaching panel and it reaches out to everyone at the club, from the bootstudder up to the board and *everyone* in between.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:47 am 
Rod Ashman

Good way to create instability within the club during the footy season. Time will tell its impact on-field. If the wheels fall off then I would say it was a poor decision (another one by the board when they get involved in on-field performance)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
Good way to create instability within the club during the footy season. Time will tell its impact on-field. If the wheels fall off then I would say it was a poor decision (another one by the board when they get involved in on-field performance)

Yikes.

Can't make everyone happy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:07 am 
Bruce Doull

carntheblues wrote:

Maybe some 'instability' is exactly what's needed right now.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:37 am 
Ken Hands

Has worked already, Barker gone..... finally!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:46 am 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:

Hmm we are 4 -8 lost to the pies meekly , dogs thru it away , port no passion and eagles no effort

Those performances were enough to cause the instability and shake the core of any foundation ...

Look at the premier league in uk they are ruthless when sides aren’t performing and this club has accepted a losing mentality for way too long ,

The season is shot and better off starting the review now in preparation for this pre season coming , I just hope they are fist dinkum about it , I don’t have a false dawn left in me

Kids like dow stocker and sps can still be developed with the right coaching and it’s ain’t late for them

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:
carntheblues wrote:

Maybe some 'instability' is exactly what's needed right now.

The club has clearly decided to draw a line in the sand, now, and not waste precious weeks of the off-season. 2021 is done, cooked, may as well hit the ground running in November with the pieces in place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

I also like that this appears to have been timed so that the report is sitting on Sayers' desk on his first day as President.

Proactive, and forward thinking, which we haven't been.

In previous years our President would come in, set his agenda, and the results would always come out during times where we can do SFA about it.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

azzablue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:

Hmm we are 4 -8 lost to the pies meekly , dogs thru it away , port no passion and eagles no effort

Those performances were enough to cause the instability and shake the core of any foundation ...

Look at the premier league in uk they are ruthless when sides aren’t performing and this club has accepted a losing mentality for way too long ,

The season is shot and better off starting the review now in preparation for this pre season coming , I just hope they are fist dinkum about it , I don’t have a false dawn left in me

Kids like dow stocker and sps can still be developed with the right coaching and it’s ain’t late for them

I don't think it's THAT extensive ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

It will be very interesting to see how Andrew Russell emerges from the review

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:

I just hope that if the report (assuming its brutally honest and sans agendas) finds that people like Russell deserve to stay, the supporters don't have a hissy fit over it and accept their findings.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
I also like that this appears to have been timed so that the report is sitting on Sayers' desk on his first day as President.

Proactive, and forward thinking, which we haven't been.

In previous years our President would come in, set his agenda, and the results would always come out during times where we can do SFA about it.

We are talking about a incoming president who has been on the Board for 8 years

So I hope he is going to break the mould now that it’s his time to shine

He was part of Board , who endorsed
Greg Swann
Malthouse
Teague
McGovern contract
Williams and saad contract
Russell on big money

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

How do we know he supported all of those decisions, or how many (such as the McGovern, Williams and Martin contracts) even involved the Board at all?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:
CK95 wrote:

I just hope that if the report (assuming its brutally honest and sans agendas) finds that people like Russell deserve to stay, the supporters don't have a hissy fit over it and accept their findings.

I remember arguing on here with Synbad about the exact same thing. Unless people get the pre-conceived outcome they want they will:
a) sook and agitate about who was appointed to conduct the review;
b) sook and agitate about the findings of the review;
c) sook and agitate about the implementation of the review.

Of those the only I'd be annoyed about is if the review lands, the authors get a 'thanks for your efforts' and the decision makers pick and choose the options they want to implement.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blues21 wrote:
Jeane Pratt staying as VP? What value does she bring to the table other than Dick's money?

I'd want to know where my money is being spent if I was a big contributor.
Being on the Board is the best way to do that.
Not unusual for Boards to have Key investors/ owners on them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 174  Next