Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
There is an EGM coming Mick...I am definitely going to be in attendance. These people have done well on the business side but its time for them to step aside allow football people to take over is my feeling.

Football people? Is John Nicholls football enough for you?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... a726a5b7c0

Quote:
“I am frustrated and annoyed Vince has decided to involve himself in this bitter attack. It has been five years since he stepped down as the head of the Carltonians and he is not talking on behalf of the Carltonians coterie group. I know several who are annoyed with what he is doing and I know a lot of members who I talk to are disappointed. He doesn’t speak for all the members,” he said.

Nicholls told the Herald Sun on Friday he was as frustrated as any Carlton fan with the club’s lack of success and long line of failed coaches in the past 25 seasons.

But he said president-elect Luke Sayers had to be given time to enact changes to the club which are expected to include the installation of a new senior coach and shake up the football department.

Nicholls believes a strong-willed figure like former St Kilda and Fremantle coach Ross Lyon could turn the club around, saying the club needed a “tough bastard” to improve the club’s fortunes.

There will be no egm and things are now moving in a fwd directon and this current president I don’t what hear from
Him again , what a shocking regime this has been

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:14 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
There is an EGM coming Mick...I am definitely going to be in attendance. These people have done well on the business side but its time for them to step aside allow football people to take over is my feeling.

Football people? Is John Nicholls football enough for you?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... a726a5b7c0

Quote:
“I am frustrated and annoyed Vince has decided to involve himself in this bitter attack. It has been five years since he stepped down as the head of the Carltonians and he is not talking on behalf of the Carltonians coterie group. I know several who are annoyed with what he is doing and I know a lot of members who I talk to are disappointed. He doesn’t speak for all the members,” he said.

Nicholls told the Herald Sun on Friday he was as frustrated as any Carlton fan with the club’s lack of success and long line of failed coaches in the past 25 seasons.

But he said president-elect Luke Sayers had to be given time to enact changes to the club which are expected to include the installation of a new senior coach and shake up the football department.

Nicholls believes a strong-willed figure like former St Kilda and Fremantle coach Ross Lyon could turn the club around, saying the club needed a “tough bastard” to improve the club’s fortunes.

Big Nick hasnt been in administration for a reason. He is an icon and should be left at that. I am in my early 40s and never seen him play but I don't think Big Nick knows what he's on about in this instance despite being the absolute legend of the club as a player. Time for football people to take over as current board has failed on football matters.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

Walsh wrote:

Been to a few AGM"s in my time . They make me feel good coz if there is one thing about a Carlton supporter he is dedicated , passionate , and fair dinkum . You would have to be to stick around after twenty five years of ape dropping's . I live in hope , and i hope there is greatness out there waiting to emerge . I"ll give you one thing Walshy , you come up with a couple of blokes that i had completely forgot in Jammo and Prender . Now there is a couple of young blokes with tram's and train's who would be IDEAL to come into the joint and be big plusses . Hope this bloke Sayers has got the kahuna's he is supposed to have to turn the joint upside down and REFRESH big time .......................Yeah , the AGM's are a great Carlton institution . Never dull even when we where flying . Some brilliant characters get along to those . .................Joe , " The Golfer ", The matter , the Professer , The Rat , Fantasy land , Nerves etc etc .................brilliant Carlton people who are the essence of who we are .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:29 pm 
Banned

Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Been to a few AGM"s in my time . They make me feel good coz if there is one thing about a Carlton supporter he is dedicated , passionate , and fair dinkum . You would have to be to stick around after twenty five years of ape dropping's . I live in hope , and i hope there is greatness out there waiting to emerge . I"ll give you one thing Walshy , you come up with a couple of blokes that i had completely forgot in Jammo and Prender . Now there is a couple of young blokes with tram's and train's who would be IDEAL to come into the joint and be big plusses . Hope this bloke Sayers has got the kahuna's he is supposed to have to turn the joint upside down and REFRESH big time .......................Yeah , the AGM's are a great Carlton institution . Never dull even when we where flying . Some brilliant characters get along to those . .................Joe , " The Golfer ", The matter , the Professer , The Rat , Fantasy land , Nerves etc etc .................brilliant Carlton people who are the essence of who we are .

Lovely post :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

PS............i forgot the most unforgettable of them in the great " Rugged "............now there's a bloke who is not backward in coming forward . I had the pleasure of working with the bloke for many years . Never seen him take a backwards step no matter what the odds . A true Carlton legend supporter . Mate , if you copped a spray off Rugged you copped a spray and a half .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

https://www.theage.com.au/link/follow-20170101-p58iv9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:

Quote:
Carlton being unable to stop runs of scores, lacking a defensive system to combat high-pressure teams coming at them, is not a new problem and is one that will no doubt be central to the findings of the review. In that sense the size of the loss on Saturday will reinforce what the report must have found. Change is needed to a football department and game plan that continues to tolerate these sorts of defensive failings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Just chefs kiss timing on putting out a letter to members on all you've achieved in your time on the board. Reading the room right till the last.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:55 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
jim wrote:

Quote:
Carlton being unable to stop runs of scores, lacking a defensive system to combat high-pressure teams coming at them, is not a new problem and is one that will no doubt be central to the findings of the review. In that sense the size of the loss on Saturday will reinforce what the report must have found. Change is needed to a football department and game plan that continues to tolerate these sorts of defensive failings.

This is a playing group that wanted answers from their club and got none. They played like a team uncertain as to who they were playing for or under. Blowouts can happen late in seasons, in finals especially, when a team realises its season is over and the will to fight dims. At Carlton, players know their season is gone. Some have no idea if they will be, too, or if the coach will be, or the football manager.

This was a team that looked to their coach and football manager for answers about the review on Friday, but received a shrug of the shoulders as the officials didn’t know either.

I think this is the more pertinent comment. I thought it was poor of the club to announce the review mid season and the subsequent wins/losses should not surprise. Hard to perform when your mind is worrying about your future. As far as I am concerned - Sayers, Failure in his first action as President elect. I am not saying at the end of his tebure he won't have been a good President, all I am saying is the impact on the playing group was predictable. Of course the cynic in me says this is what the board wanted as they needed all the excuses possible to replace Teague as coach!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jim wrote:

Quote:

This is a playing group that wanted answers from their club and got none. They played like a team uncertain as to who they were playing for or under. Blowouts can happen late in seasons, in finals especially, when a team realises its season is over and the will to fight dims. At Carlton, players know their season is gone. Some have no idea if they will be, too, or if the coach will be, or the football manager.

This was a team that looked to their coach and football manager for answers about the review on Friday, but received a shrug of the shoulders as the officials didn’t know either.

I think this is the more pertinent comment. I thought it was poor of the club to announce the review mid season and the subsequent wins/losses should not surprise. Hard to perform when your mind is worrying about your future. As far as I am concerned - Sayers, Failure in his first action as President elect. I am not saying at the end of his tebure he won't have been a good President, all I am saying is the impact on the playing group was predictable. Of course the cynic in me says this is what

the board wanted as they needed all the excuses possible to replace Teague as coach!

Sorry mate , the review was called at the right time

How many games did we win before the review was called ?? And we had just lost to wc who fielded a wafl side against us ,,,, since then the eagles have hardly won a game when they had their players back

So please stop using the excuses of the review , we have a mentally fragile playing list with no leadership from their captains or their coaches who developed no game plan for them to flourish ,

This has been a complete balls up right from the outset ,

Unfortunately you can’t sack a whole playing group ...

And I don’t know why the playing group don’t know what’s going on , I have worked in big companies and internal politics always going on and when changes are coming you know what’s happening before the appointment

The playing group would be frustrated that they haven’t walked Teague out and circus around them will continue on them for another week if the incompetent board let him coach this week

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

azzablue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jim wrote:

Quote:

I think this is the more pertinent comment. I thought it was poor of the club to announce the review mid season and the subsequent wins/losses should not surprise. Hard to perform when your mind is worrying about your future. As far as I am concerned - Sayers, Failure in his first action as President elect. I am not saying at the end of his tebure he won't have been a good President, all I am saying is the impact on the playing group was predictable. Of course the cynic in me says this is what

the board wanted as they needed all the excuses possible to replace Teague as coach!

How many games did we win before the review was called ?? And we had just lost to wc who fielded a wafl side against us ,,,, since then the eagles have hardly won a game when they had their players back

So please stop using the excuses of the review , we have a mentally fragile playing list with no leadership from their captains or their coaches who developed no game plan for them to flourish ,

And I don’t know why the playing group don’t know what’s going on , I have worked in big companies and internal politics always going on and when changes are coming you know what’s happening before the appointment

The playing group would be frustrated that they haven’t walked Teague out and circus around them will continue on them for another week if the incompetent board let him coach this week

You don't ever call a review mid-season. Players, coaches are playing with a sword hanging over them for half a year. Eventually you get so much disunity you get what we have seen the last couple of weeks. Trust everywhere is gone. Teague had little support, no help, players being interviewed about him, essentially hung out to dry. Then we expect a young coach to perform under pressure and his players to perform each week. Easy for us sitting being our keyboard, we're not there copping it and coping with the stress. Damn lucky we were still a finals chance for as long as it was.

There's things he could have focussed more on, like team defence, but that defence did work ok when the players felt like doing it, as is also a big issue discussed ad nauseum, especially after that blast at half time against Hawthorn. Last year was our chance. We were equal 4th for qtrs won, but the 5 goal bursts, hence bad qtrs, cost us. Young coach rookie error. That could be sorted with another preseason. Last preseason was unfortunately a short one due to COVID. Plus too we choked up 2 last qtrs in 5 days when finals looked right on for us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:08 pm 
Banned

He depends on one on one wins in defence and players that are excellent with ground ball gets - they do it well as a team just gets in there too often.

Turn overs are going to happen and running back to cover space is ordinary - some of the laziest efforts was seen past two years. Its different to Boltons game plan where 18 players stand behind the ball like statues - in this game plan players need to work and they don't do it consistently enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
He depends on one on one wins in defence and players that are excellent with ground ball gets - they do it well as a team just gets in there too often.

Turn overs are going to happen and running back to cover space is ordinary - some of the laziest efforts was seen past two years. Its different to Boltons game plan where 18 players stand behind the ball like statues - in this game plan players need to work and they don't do it consistently enough.

Mate stop repeating the same thing And finally acknowledge that he has failed and he is gone

It’s time to move on

On his next senior appointment he will be success supposedly with all the talent he has and he will find a team that can play his rubbish game style

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:32 pm 
Banned

azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Mate stop repeating the same thing And finally acknowledge that he has failed and he is gone

It’s time to move on

On his next senior appointment he will be success supposedly with all the talent he has and he will find a team that can play his rubbish game style

Whatever - not official yet.

But you will throw tripe to the next coach anyway - so why does it bother you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
azzablue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jim wrote:

Quote:

You don't ever call a review mid-season. Players, coaches are playing with a sword hanging over them for half a year. Eventually you get so much disunity you get what we have seen the last couple of weeks. Trust everywhere is gone. Teague had little support, no help, players being interviewed about him, essentially hung out to dry. Then we expect a young coach to perform under pressure and his players to perform each week. Easy for us sitting being our keyboard, we're not there copping it and coping with the stress. Damn lucky we were still a finals chance for as long as it was.

There's things he could have focussed more on, like team defence, but that defence did work ok when the players felt like doing it, as is also a big issue discussed ad nauseum, especially after that blast at half time against Hawthorn. Last year was our chance. We were equal 4th for qtrs won, but the 5 goal bursts, hence bad qtrs, cost us. Young coach rookie error. That could be sorted with another preseason. Last preseason was unfortunately a short one due to COVID. Plus too we choked up 2 last qtrs in 5 days when finals looked right on for us.

Please Answer the question , which teams had we beaten before the review had been announced??

How many top 8 sides had we beaten before the review

How did he rectify the 5 goal onslaughts against us before the review

How was our defence holding up against other teams before the review

Oh and were we sitting on the ladder when the review was announced ?? Top4? Top8?

Stop blaming the world including Covid , swans got Pyke during these times

Blame a incompetent board and footy dept including a Gilligan for a coach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

It’s time to move on

Whatever - not official yet.

But you will throw tripe to the next coach anyway - so why does it bother you?

I’m surprised mate ,with all your connections at the club thru your Carltonians mates that you brag about , how haven’t they told you about Teagues fate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Walsh you could have written several novels by now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:07 pm 
Banned

Paddycripps wrote:
Walsh you could have written several novels by now.

.. and they will all be about you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

This whole fiasco sums the board up
Conduct an external review mid season make it public to create disunity and basically put a gun to Teague’s head
Hand pick 3 blokes that suit them to conduct a review of everyone below them

External. It’s been kept in house( but it will leak out anyway)

Have no knowledge of how to be successful in 2021 on field except for one of them who as usual flowers off earlier than expected the escape any scrutiny to keep his “ squeaky clean “ image in tact

Basically imply with their actions that it’s everyone fault except them

Will appoint Lyon or Clarkson with no thought process other than let’s get an experienced coach who is a hard arse
We do need a hard arse but the right one
Think the list is better than what it actually is because they have no @#$%&! idea
If it’s Lyon it will be a disaster
There will be a honeymoon period then it will fall apart
Lyon is a weirdo
He provides little unity
Same players love them many loath him
Ask 95% of Docker supporters over here in the West what they think of this creepo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
This whole fiasco sums the board up
Conduct an external review mid season make it public to create disunity and basically put a gun to Teague’s head
Hand pick 3 blokes that suit them to conduct a review of everyone below them

External. It’s been kept in house( but it will leak out anyway)

Have no knowledge of how to be successful in 2021 on field except for one of them who as usual flowers off earlier than expected the escape any scrutiny and keep his “ squeaky clean “ image in tact

Basically imply with their actions that it’s everyone fault except them

Will appoint Lyon or Clarkson with no thought process other than let’s get an experienced coach who is a hard arse
We do need a hard arse but the right one
Think the list is better than what it actually is because they have no @#$%&! idea
If it’s Lyon it will be a disaster
There will be a honeymoon period then it will fall apart
Lyon is a weirdo
He provides little unity
Same players love them many loath him
Ask 95% of Docker supporters over here in the West what they think of this creepo

So which hard arse do you suggest if it ain’t Clarko or Lyon ??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 174  Next