Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:09 pm 
Robert Walls

Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Answer the question walshy

Are they all facts or are they your opinion.

Just say so.

You are as bias as the Teague detractors, they Murphymites, the Board haters.

I can't see a single reason having so much weight to suggest the Review is not worth it.

You bring all this emotional stuff to the forum, but its just you being bias.

We need to improve.
Even Teague thinks we should have been further ahead than we are this year, regardless of injuries.
Lets find out why. Teague agrees with this. He's said so.

Don't worry about the money. There's a soft and salary cap. Money has to be spent somewhere. Princes Park will be developed. Life will go on.

Ive already answered what else would it be other than poor leadership and panic

OK I give up. You just answered with a question. Again.

I like your selective loyalty Walshy, but I hate politicians, and you seem to bring too many ambiguities to the table.
I'm sure you are related to one of Teague-Russell-Murphy-Lloyd, coz the spotlight is on them

Ambiguities my left butt cheek I only care for what is right and fair. I have no connection to the football dept. I am also cognizent they have on hell of a task getting this group to play consistent elite football. The football dept has put together an experienced team that connects well with players - that's a start. I support the board and the decisions they make - but this review is disruptive and pathetic and could have waited three months until the season is over. Questions need to be raised about our incoming President and his character and thus far I don't like what I see one iota.

If he wants to be a headkicker thats fine but he doesn't have the resume to do it. He is just a nerd accountant.

"Ken Bruce has gone mad, Ken Bruce has gone mad, Ken Bruce has gone completely mad"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:13 pm 
Banned

99prelim wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Answer the question walshy

Are they all facts or are they your opinion.

Just say so.

You are as bias as the Teague detractors, they Murphymites, the Board haters.

I can't see a single reason having so much weight to suggest the Review is not worth it.

You bring all this emotional stuff to the forum, but its just you being bias.

We need to improve.
Even Teague thinks we should have been further ahead than we are this year, regardless of injuries.
Lets find out why. Teague agrees with this. He's said so.

Don't worry about the money. There's a soft and salary cap. Money has to be spent somewhere. Princes Park will be developed. Life will go on.

Ive already answered what else would it be other than poor leadership and panic

OK I give up. You just answered with a question. Again.

I like your selective loyalty Walshy, but I hate politicians, and you seem to bring too many ambiguities to the table.
I'm sure you are related to one of Teague-Russell-Murphy-Lloyd, coz the spotlight is on them

Ambiguities my left butt cheek I only care for what is right and fair. I have no connection to the football dept. I am also cognizent they have on hell of a task getting this group to play consistent elite football. The football dept has put together an experienced team that connects well with players - that's a start. I support the board and the decisions they make - but this review is disruptive and pathetic and could have waited three months until the season is over. Questions need to be raised about our incoming President and his character and thus far I don't like what I see one iota.

If he wants to be a headkicker thats fine but he doesn't have the resume to do it. He is just a nerd accountant.

"Ken Bruce has gone mad, Ken Bruce has gone mad, Ken Bruce has gone completely mad"

Lloyd, Russel, Bruce, Power, Teague and others are elite AFL operators. You remind me of someone that screams like a pansy in a pink ballerina dress. Not that anything is wrong with it. It's just what you remind me of. Weak.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SuPPoRt tEh BhOYs

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:54 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

Walsh squandering any credibility he had left by calling the former CEO of the largest professional firm in the country a ‘nerd accountant.’ Sayers can smell underperformance from a mile away and judging by our D Grade amateur level defensive scheme for most of the year there is plenty of underperformance to go round.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:00 pm 
Banned

JK wrote:
Walsh squandering any credibility he had left by calling the former CEO of the largest professional firm in the country a ‘nerd accountant.’ Sayers can smell underperformance from a mile away and judging by our D Grade amateur level defensive scheme for most of the year there is plenty of underperformance to go round.

Agree and there is no greater underperformance in being disruptive by this nerd that could not wait to put President Elect - Carlton Football Club on his twitter account.

If that doesn't smell try hard - power hungry - nerd accountant I dont know what is. This is going to be a very painful appointment unless you are blind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

JK wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:13 pm 
Banned

Poor defences can be coached - poor character can not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

JK wrote:

If he’s so good at smelling it, why has he hired a panel of outsiders to tell him where it is?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:25 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

If he is so good at smelling things out perhaps he can still smell what we were cooking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:29 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree with JK goodcpost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Poor defences can be coached.

So it seems. Our coaches have had great success.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:14 am 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Poor defences can be coached.

So it seems. Our coaches have had great success.

Considering they have taken over a broken team destined for wooden and avoided bottom four what seems two years in a row. Travelling along nicely.. Bookends are nice and settled now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:21 am 
Rod Ashman

I don't have any problem with a review although I do question the timing. If the review is done properly - as it should be, and not just used as an excuse to sack the coach and results in the Football dept working better then good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 am 
Craig Bradley

Why would we need an external review into the football dept half way through a season if our coaching team was a success seems counterintuitive to me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:35 am 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
Why would we need an external review into the football dept half way through a season if our coaching team was a success seems counterintuitive to me

Exactly - Sayers panicked and has no football director for advice as doesn't want to work with Sayers as President.

So squandering the clubs money is the only alternative as no one wants to work with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Exactly - Sayers panicked and has no football director for advice as doesn't want to work with Sayers as President.

So squandering the clubs money is the only alternative as no one wants to work with him.

Squandering the clubs money. :lol:
My idea of squandering is the club being needlessly impacted by reduced crowds and reduced membership due to the team going backwards, or stagnating at best.
If the problem isn't your boy, what's the issue? Surely you would want him to have every competent available resource available to him?
IMHO, it's money well spent. Weed out any residual issues instead of letting the ship float along aimlessly as it seems to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:13 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

My idea of squandering is the club being needlessly impacted by reduced crowds and reduced membership due to the team going backwards or stagnating at best.
If the problem isn't your boy, what's the issue? Surely you would want him to have every competent available resource available to him?
IMHO, it's money well spent. Weed out any residual issues instead of letting the ship float along aimlessly as it seems to be.

It is completely squandering not because of the review as it is necessary but the little time given to prepare and conduct the review in a correct manner.

That means selecting the commitee carefully instead of throwing crazy amounts of money at them to do it immediately without preperation.

Not to mention the review is disruptive (maybe it reflects his personality) where everyone needs to be hands on deck doubling their efforts and improve.

Could have waited a mere three months to garner a complete picture and thus squandering is the absolute correct term to use in this instance - considering our incoming president has already shown his colours that is prone to panic that filters through the club.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
JK wrote:

If he’s so good at smelling it, why has he hired a panel of outsiders to tell him where it is?

Pretty obvious why impartial outsiders were preferred, even if it was to identify the obvious...if the flaws are indeed obvious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Juddy doesn't want to work with him?

Who's your source?

Juddy has been wanting to be free from full on footy for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

My idea of squandering is the club being needlessly impacted by reduced crowds and reduced membership due to the team going backwards or stagnating at best.

It is completely squandering not because of the review as it is necessary but the little time given to prepare and conduct the review in a correct manner.

That means selecting the commitee carefully instead of throwing crazy amounts of money at them to do it immediately without preperation.

Not to mention the review is disruptive (maybe it reflects his personality) where everyone needs to be hands on deck doubling their efforts and improve.

Could have waited a mere three months to garner a complete picture and thus squandering is the absolute correct term to use in this instance - considering our incoming president has already shown his colours that is prone to panic that filters through the club.

What’s your experience with reviews?
What do you consider a reasonable time to prepare?
What needs to be prepared given everything is on show?
You say it’s a waste of money but then say we should do it at years end. What’s the difference?
If everything is good in the coaching box then what’s the issue?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 174  Next