Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Sayers has probably had the worst possible start to his presidency.

Lost a football director and announced a public external review where many think it was out of panic.

He needs to do alot better and this would have all been resolved by hiring a Coaching director - so many approaches to fill the football director void has been declined.

He needs a kick up the arse imo.

Completely disagree with every line.

You've got a relative working at the club or your position at the club is precarious.

He bought forward the end of year review and everyone knows why it was expedited, including you Walshy.

Who did you expect to hire the coaching director? President? Director of Football? Head of Football.
The abovementioned are part of the reason for a Review.

It would be negligent of Sayers to not have or delay this Review: the sooner the better, the quicker its done the quicker we rise up the ladder by plugging obvious gaps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:30 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Lost a football director and announced a public external review where many think it was out of panic.

He needs to do alot better and this would have all been resolved by hiring a Coaching director - so many approaches to fill the football director void has been declined.

You've got a relative working at the club or your position at the club is precarious.

He bought forward the end of year review and everyone knows why it was expedited, including you Walshy.

Who did you expect to hire the coaching director? President? Director of Football? Head of Football.

It would be negligent of Sayers to not have or delay this Review: the sooner the better, the quicker its done the quicker we rise up the ladder by plugging obvious gaps.

We had a big review some two years ago and Lowe who is a part of the review commitee today led it.

The result of the review was that we lacked high performance coaching that got us Russell.

He is squandering the clubs money due to the fact he panicked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

We had a big review some two years ago and Lowe who is a part of the review commitee today led it.

The result of the review was that we lacked high performance coaching that got us Russell.

Is it a fact or is this your opinion? Huge difference.

Furthermore, the previous Review failed, so we have to get this one better than the one you refer too.

Never give up in our quest for the 17th and to be our best.

I believe in the list. I don't think like you we are 6-8 elite players away.

I believe there are issues with development.
I still think there's issues with fitness, and want to know why, especially after Russell's glowing repoorts 2 years running of the team...expecting them to run out 4 quarters. If its not Russell, its something to do with Development and or coaching.

Its not just the midfield group that's a bit off. There's more to it imo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:44 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Is it a fact or is this your opinion? Huge difference.

Furthermore, the previous Review failed, so we have to get this one better than the one you refer too.

Never give up in our quest for the 17th and to be our best.

I believe in the list. I don't think like you we are 6-8 elite players away.

I believe there are issues with development.
I still think there's issues with fitness, and want to know why, especially after Russell's glowing repoorts 2 years running of the team...expecting them to run out 4 quarters. If its not Russell, its something to do with Development and or coaching.

Its not just the midfield group that's a bit off. There's more to it imo.

What else would it be other than poor leadership and panic?

He is using the clubs money to stroke his own ego. Could have let the season play out and give everyone involved enough time to properly prepare for the review without looking for candidates in a rushed manner.

He is also highly disruptive - he should have allowed the football dept to get on with their work than being distracted with this sort of thing during a season.

He could possibly be the biggest clown that has graced the Carlton board and certainly Carlton Presidency in its history...and that takes the cake.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Answer the question walshy

Are they all facts or are they your opinion.

Just say so.

You are as bias as the Teague detractors, they Murphymites, the Board haters.

I can't see a single reason having so much weight to suggest the Review is not worth it.

You bring all this emotional stuff to the forum, but its just you being bias.

We need to improve.
Even Teague thinks we should have been further ahead than we are this year, regardless of injuries.
Lets find out why. Teague agrees with this. He's said so.

Don't worry about the money. There's a soft and salary cap. Money has to be spent somewhere. Princes Park will be developed. Life will go on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:55 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

I can't see a single reason having so much weight to suggest the Review is not worth it.

We need to improve.
Even Teague thinks we should have been further ahead than we are this year, regardless of injuries.

Don't worry about the money. There's a soft and salary cap. Money has to be spent somewhere. Princes Park will be developed. Life will go on.

Ive already answered what else would it be other than poor leadership and panic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:57 pm 
Bob Chitty

Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

Or someone striving to lift this club out of the mediocrity it has been mired in for 20 years...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:02 pm 
Banned

david31 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

Or someone striving to lift this club out of the mediocrity it has been mired in for 20 years...

He had his chance being on the board for 10 years. Perhaps he is part of the problem?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Bingo.

He’s no change agent. Those types make living from putting the ball in the net. He’s more about keeping the ball in the air.

Bloke has had a 10 year birds eye view & his first ‘decision’ is to employ an independent panel to guide his next one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

OK I give up. You just answered with a question. Again.

I like your selective loyalty Walshy, but I hate politicians, and you seem to bring too many ambiguities to the table.
I'm sure you are related to one of Teague-Russell-Murphy-Lloyd, coz the spotlight is on them

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:22 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

I like your selective loyalty Walshy, but I hate politicians, and you seem to bring too many ambiguities to the table.
I'm sure you are related to one of Teague-Russell-Murphy-Lloyd, coz the spotlight is on them

Ambiguities my left butt cheek I only care for what is right and fair. I have no connection to the football dept. I am also cognizent they have on hell of a task getting this group to play consistent elite football. The football dept has put together an experienced team that connects well with players - that's a start. I support the board and the decisions they make - but this review is disruptive and pathetic and could have waited three months until the season is over. Questions need to be raised about our incoming President and his character and thus far I don't like what I see one iota.

If he wants to be a headkicker thats fine but he doesn't have the resume to do it. He is just a nerd accountant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:25 pm 
Bob Chitty

Walsh wrote:
david31 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

He had his chance being on the board for 10 years. Perhaps he is part of the problem?

Yes of course he may be part of the problem. The whole board for the past 10-20 years may be part of the problem.
But the ordering of an external review is not part of the problem. It is an action designed to improve the performance of a severely underperforming football department. The alternative is just to let the current situation, which is failing badly, play out and hope against all evidence that things will miraculously turn around. You seem to be advocating this approach but not many others are.
Whether Sayers is a good president only time will tell but the move to commission a review is a proactive step to achieve success. Having some qualified external personnel cast their eye over the inner workings of this failing club is a positive step in my view

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

Ambiguities my left butt cheek I only care for what is right and fair. I have no connection to the football dept. I am also cognizent they have on hell of a task getting this group to play consistent elite football. The football dept has put together an experienced team that connects well with players - that's a start. I support the board and the decisions they make - but this review is disruptive and pathetic and could have waited three months until the season is over. Questions need to be raised about our incoming President and his character and thus far I don't like what I see one iota.

If he wants to be a headkicker thats fine but he doesn't have the resume to do it. He is just a nerd accountant.

Easy to point your ambiguities, but there's no point. I like your some aspects of your loyalty.

Give him a chance.

Sayers had been encouraged to join the Board and groomed for the role by the Board you mention. MLG could easily have vetoed the Board decision to bring the Review forward, but didn't.
You say we don't need a Review following the Review back in 2018, yet you feel it could have waited for 3 months time when the season is over.

Its not disruptive. Its not pathetic. reviews are good business. If there's something to hide, then this will expose the problem and the problematic. Its Business as Usual. Our charge to Finals is over, and that was unexpected and perhaps disrupted by some areas of incompetence. We need to find out if there are or aren't. Then we move forward.

There will be findings. You can bet on that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:40 pm 
Banned

david31 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
david31 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

Yes of course he may be part of the problem. The whole board for the past 10-20 years may be part of the problem.
But the ordering of an external review is not part of the problem. It is an action designed to improve the performance of a severely underperforming football department. The alternative is just to let the current situation, which is failing badly, play out and hope against all evidence that things will miraculously turn around. You seem to be advocating this approach but not many others are.
Whether Sayers is a good president only time will tell but the move to commission a review is a proactive step to achieve success. Having some qualified external personnel cast their eye over the inner workings of this failing club is a positive step in my view

You need to leave them to work

A good parallel with Carlton is Liverpool.

Liverpool was also a historic club that won plenty of titles but failed to do so in 20+ years.

They bought in a coach that is known for gegen press. Which is an attacking brand of soccer - they had to bring in players that were capable to play a role designed to the gameplan.

So how long do you think it took Liverpool to win its Premiership since its attack minded coach took over.... well it wasn't 2 years - it was 5 years.

I expect the club to be somewhere 10-6 next year and 6-4 the year after providing we get in the right players.

I am not against the review, never said I was it's the President poor leadership and stroking his own ego squandering the clubs money that concerns me,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:40 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

Easy to point your ambiguities, but there's no point. I like your some aspects of your loyalty.

Give him a chance.

Sayers had been encouraged to join the Board and groomed for the role by the Board you mention. MLG could easily have vetoed the Board decision to bring the Review forward, but didn't.
You say we don't need a Review following the Review back in 2018, yet you feel it could have waited for 3 months time when the season is over.

Its not disruptive. Its not pathetic. reviews are good business. If there's something to hide, then this will expose the problem and the problematic. Its Business as Usual. Our charge to Finals is over, and that was unexpected and perhaps disrupted by some areas of incompetence. We need to find out if there are or aren't. Then we move forward.

There will be findings. You can bet on that.

Sorry but football dept havnt shown the poor character that Sayers has shown so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walshy, look at the highlighted sentence again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:50 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walshy, look at the highlighted sentence again.

Sure - looking from afar it was a unilateral decision by Sayers that went over the top of MLG and gone rogue.

Seems to me he is one power hungry scab.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:54 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

I gave up when Ken Bruce (that's his real name) said we'd win "plenty of premierships under Teague"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:55 pm 
Banned

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Just say so.

We need to improve.

I gave up when Ken Bruce (that's his real name) said we'd win "plenty of premierships under Teague"

Sure Fairweather.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
I can’t see how Lloyd survives this review, unless he finds a way to throw his two main appointments under the bus.

Playfair is at least eight months behind the acceptable outcomes.

Power yet to get off the mark, thrown a lifeline thanks to Playfair’s slow play.

Playfair left the club more than 12 months ago.

Couldn’t be more than 6-8 months (season end 2020)… either way, one less scapegoat for Lloyd.

Or maybe the review will find that the Head of Coaching Performance vacancy is a significant gap which the club needs to address. Unless I’m mistaken, the role has been vacant since Playfair departed (which was June 2020, I checked).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 174  Next