Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
showbag wrote:
Keogh, people with autism are not mad or silly ... they are not traits of autism.
Your lack of knowledge is only trumped by your lack of grammar.
You post as if you have lived in a bubble of your own thoughts for too long.
The world is not the problem ... YOU ARE!!
I'm glad you are not teaching my children ... they would run rings around you. And you would be too mad, silly and stupid to notice!

Obviously reading between the lines you have experienced autism in your life one way or another
They are traits of autism not the ones that are politically correct
You know the ones
Poor social and communication skills
Rigid not willing to try different things
Etc
It annoys me a bit when someone excuses me of not knowing shit being ignorant or a shit teacher based on me having a view about politically correct speak
So my real name is Victor Rowe
I taught for 28 years 22 in Corio one of the lowest socio-economic areas in Australia
I taught heaps of kids with all sorts of problems including autism
And did ok according to people who should know my work colleagues
In fact I enjoyed teaching kids on the spectrum and a bit crazy because they would say some pretty funny shit without meaning to be funny
It helped our staff to have a laugh and get through the day something you can’t do now because it’s disrespectful to the condition.
Bullshit. Still did my best to help these kids. That was my job and I did my best
A much preferred teaching kids like that than some private school my shit doesn’t stink kid “ with no problems “.
Go on troll me
You can find out with the net these days
Do your own research
I’m saying it’s all too politically correct
That sort of non direct wishy, washy speak will be on full display when this review is let loose
I guarantee too of that

Thanks - I appreciate that you put it out there Keogh. Helps with context given most of us don't know each others' credentials or contacts to know/talk about anything, esp footy.
I don't always agree with you but do appreciate your thoughts and insights. And I am fully aware that many of you have much much better insights than me!
I do wish we could steer clear of the personal attacks (on all sides, in several threads).

I'm pretty sure most of us want success at Carlton but have a range of different views about the causes of our current (and historical) problems, and the things we could/should do to fix them!
Hell, there were more arguments than agreement even when we were footy's powerhouse club! (I still think we would have won four in a row if not for the shenanigans at the end of 1979... but then again, as if to prove my point, it is entirely possible that without those shenanigans, we would not have won in 81 and 82!).
It's fairly clear that different people can look at the same data and draw different conclusions. And then throw in personal/business/political agendas and alliances and its pretty easy to see how there are lots of disagreements about our club.
But, it would be so much better if we could keep the personal stuff out of it.
Go BLUES!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

17th Premiership wrote:
keogh wrote:
showbag wrote:
Keogh, people with autism are not mad or silly ... they are not traits of autism.
I'm glad you are not teaching my children ... they would run rings around you. And you would be too mad, silly and stupid to notice!

Obviously reading between the lines you have experienced autism in your life one way or another
You know the ones
Etc
It annoys me a bit when someone excuses me of not knowing shit being ignorant or a shit teacher based on me having a view about politically correct speak
I taught for 28 years 22 in Corio one of the lowest socio-economic areas in Australia
In fact I enjoyed teaching kids on the spectrum and a bit crazy because they would say some pretty funny shit without meaning to be funny
It helped our staff to have a laugh and get through the day something you can’t do now because it’s disrespectful to the condition.
Bullshit. Still did my best to help these kids. That was my job and I did my best
A much preferred teaching kids like that than some private school my shit doesn’t stink kid “ with no problems “.
Go on troll me
Do your own research
That sort of non direct wishy, washy speak will be on full display when this review is let loose
I guarantee too of that

Thanks - I appreciate that you put it out there Keogh. Helps with context given most of us don't know each others' credentials or contacts to know/talk about anything, esp footy.
I don't always agree with you but do appreciate your thoughts and insights. And I am fully aware that many of you have much much better insights than me!
I do wish we could steer clear of the personal attacks (on all sides, in several threads).

I'm pretty sure most of us want success at Carlton but have a range of different views about the causes of our current (and historical) problems, and the things we could/should do to fix them!
Hell, there were more arguments than agreement even when we were footy's powerhouse club! (I still think we would have won four in a row if not for the shenanigans at the end of 1979... but then again, as if to prove my point, it is entirely possible that without those shenanigans, we would not have won in 81 and 82!).
It's fairly clear that different people can look at the same data and draw different conclusions. And then throw in personal/business/political agendas and alliances and its pretty easy to see how there are lots of disagreements about our club.
Go BLUES!!

Yes agree
Guilty as charged
The next 4 weeks will be interesting as it always is at Carlton these days
I mean who needs reality TV when you have the AFL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

17th Premiership wrote:
keogh wrote:
showbag wrote:

You know the ones
Etc
Go on troll me
Do your own research
I guarantee too of that

Go BLUES!!

Yes agree
Guilty as charged
The next 4 weeks will be interesting as it always is at Carlton these days
I mean who needs reality TV when you have the AFL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

baz_baz wrote:
keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:
keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:
I hope you taught those kids the difference between "excuses" and "accuses " :grin:

Yep :roll:

I cant see how you could have due to the fact you obviously don't know the difference.

BTW i am a retired Prin and I would have had you on review if that example is an indication of your teaching practice :thumbsup:

Sound like most of the Principals I had
I was a good teacher man
I hope you were not like a lot of Principals who lose touch with what teaching difficult kids is actually like from the 4 walls of your office
You can’t have it both ways
The problem with school environments and so many other work places we all have to act the same
No individuality

Teaching students the wrong word in the wrong context is not individuality, it is incompetence.

And yes I was in classrooms everyday plus dealing with the students that “individual” teachers couldn’t handle
Shouldn't it be "every day"?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

“ Yes where all individuals”
“ I’m not”

Stick to the script CK 95
The Blues are back
Honey looks a ripper
The board will make the right decisions as they always do :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

Apologies if posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFkz6RBYLI

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
GWS wrote:
Looks like Keogh’s off to the Principal’s office... :lol:

No problems there GWS
Kids can do what they like these days :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

BREAKING, via Jon Anderson: "As Carlton continues a review into its football department, some findings can be revealed & don’t make for pretty reading for those in charge.
For those desperate to know how the Carlton review will go, buckle your seat belts & get ready for change.
Anderson: "Some of the findings are said to include a lack of player development, player “cliques” (with large, unjustified salaries an issue), culture deficiencies, poor behaviours, consistently long injury list & meddling from outside departments into football matters."
Anderson: "The 3-person panel will shortly table its report. Could it also include regrets from some parents that their sons were actually drafted by the club?
And do players have total faith in selection integrity? A term that first introduced during the Brendon Bolton years."
Anderson: "The other issue for Carlton over the next 2 years is an extremely tight salary cap that is going to have to find room for emerging superstar’s Sam Walsh new deal as he comes out of contract at the end of 2022. It might even mean Walsh is paid under market value."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
BREAKING, via Jon Anderson: "As Carlton continues a review into its football department, some findings can be revealed & don’t make for pretty reading for those in charge.
For those desperate to know how the Carlton review will go, buckle your seat belts & get ready for change.
Anderson: "Some of the findings are said to include a lack of player development, player “cliques” (with large, unjustified salaries an issue), culture deficiencies, poor behaviours, consistently long injury list & meddling from outside departments into football matters."
Anderson: "The 3-person panel will shortly table its report. Could it also include regrets from some parents that their sons were actually drafted by the club?
And do players have total faith in selection integrity? A term that first introduced during the Brendon Bolton years."
Anderson: "The other issue for Carlton over the next 2 years is an extremely tight salary cap that is going to have to find room for emerging superstar’s Sam Walsh new deal as he comes out of contract at the end of 2022. It might even mean Walsh is paid under market value."

A lot of those points are guesswork.

Since when were parents interviewed for the Review? He presents this possibility as a question. FMD. Talk about sensationalism.

Notice how he inserts his opinion about salary cap giving the impression its connected with the Review.

Another so called journalist looking for hits. He sounds like a guy who just got a hit from a Needle Room/ shooting gallery.

What a dork.

The conclusions of the Review must be released before the vote and EGM in 3 weeks time.

No need to change Constitution imo. Sure add recognition of AFLW and Indigenous ancestry but leave the new voting caveats for another time. Having the whole lot decided with one vote is a hijacking. I smell a rat.
Smoke and Mirrors.
Art of deception 101.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

I agree bondi. Anderson earns his money by creating headlines & that's exactly what's playing out there.

I don't mind if supporters don't find out anything from that review, as long as its findings are addressed & we improve as a result.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We don't need to know I agree.
Just see the results

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
”Some of the findings are said to include a lack of player development, player “cliques” (with large, unjustified salaries an issue), culture deficiencies, poor behaviours, consistently long injury list & meddling from outside departments into football matters."

None of these things would be a surprise to anyone, probably because he’s just stating the bleeding @#$%&! obvious.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
jim wrote:
”Some of the findings are said to include a lack of player development, player “cliques” (with large, unjustified salaries an issue), culture deficiencies, poor behaviours, consistently long injury list & meddling from outside departments into football matters."

None of these things would be a surprise to anyone, probably because he’s just stating the bleeding @#$%&! obvious.

That's right.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

If my email to the Club means anything :smile: , Barkly Smokehouse, Amore Cheese, and McDonald’s won’t be corporate sponsors going forward.

Now there’s a way to improve culture. :thumbsup:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:12 am 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
bender wrote:
keogh wrote:
showbag wrote:

You know the ones
Etc
Go on troll me
Do your own research
I guarantee too of that

knock it off keogh, you dont need to be right all the time

keep the ramblings to footy and how rubbish the board are

Ok
The fish rots from the head

thats better

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:01 am 
Geoff Southby

So if the review is scathing which it should be what does that mean for the board
Two are going at the end of the year
What about the rest of them
How can they justify sitting in their chairs for x number of years whilst all this shit has gone on below them
It’s basically a product of an old outdated culture and of a club that was the powerhouse of the comp
The all conquering all mighty one who collectively thought it would never end
It’s only taken 20 years to work out what’s wrong
Actually try 30.
That’s when the cap and draft came in roughly
It’s pretty simple
Most if not all on that board are relics and must go for the club to successful embrace the modern day

And sorry to bring up teaching again but I quit when I was 50 because the system changed
Whether I agreed with it or not I needed to change with it. I recognised this but did want to so I got out of it
Some of these people on the board clearly can’t see their outdated
They don’t belong there anymore
Go off let the the club grow
Piss off and do something else

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:26 am 
Bruce Doull

Ain't going to happen without better candidates making it happen though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:03 am 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
So if the review is scathing which it should be what does that mean for the board
Two are going at the end of the year
What about the rest of them
How can they justify sitting in their chairs for x number of years whilst all this shit has gone on below them
It’s basically a product of an old outdated culture and of a club that was the powerhouse of the comp
The all conquering all mighty one who collectively thought it would never end
It’s only taken 20 years to work out what’s wrong
Actually try 30.
That’s when the cap and draft came in roughly
It’s pretty simple
Most if not all on that board are relics and must go for the club to successful embrace the modern day

And sorry to bring up teaching again but I quit when I was 50 because the system changed
Whether I agreed with it or not I needed to change with it. I recognised this but did want to so I got out of it
Some of these people on the board clearly can’t see their outdated
They don’t belong there anymore
Go off let the the club grow
Piss off and do something else

Got any suggestions " Special K "................serious question..............who is in the wings putting there hand up ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:21 am 
Craig Bradley

I think there are candidates out there the problem is with the changes made a few years ago it is impossible even for people who are corporate governance experts who have vast experience in the elite sporting and other sectors to get a gig if you are not within the existing inner circle
The nominations committee process is hardly independent and the incumbents largely influence any “new blood” coming onto the board
In my experience elite sporting organisations NSO’s and AFL football clubs are well behind other modern business in respect to corporate governance and board succession planning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:42 am 
Bruce Doull

Yep I recall Doc Sherrin commenting on this Frank. Something along the lines of it's pretty much standard set up across all AFL clubs now, not just Carlton.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 174  Next